Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 01:06 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,047,581 times

Advertisements

Something similar happened to McDonald's happened several years ago with an idiot spilling coffee on his/her lap. That's why the cups in McDonald's have all the warning labels on the cups. It's also why the coffee isn't so blazing hot as it used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 01:48 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
I had an incident like that happen to me at Starbucks. I ordered an iced coffee and a hot brewed coffee. I went back to my car and tried to open the door with both coffees in my hand, a super stupid move. And I paid dearly for my stupidity. The hot coffee spilled all over my bare arm (of COURSE the iced one didn't) and my arm instantly started burning. I rushed back into the store and cut in front of everyone in line. I heard a few "Heys!" and "What do you think you're doings?!" and yelled at the barista that I burned myself with coffee, I needed a large cup of ice immediately. She grabbed one and I poured it on my arm and soaked the ice on it. Both her and my quick actions saved my arm, and I of course didn't sue Starbucks for acting like an idiot. Oh, and I apologized to the customers for cutting in front of them as well

Old 05-05-2015, 02:03 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I had an incident like that happen to me at Starbucks. I ordered an iced coffee and a hot brewed coffee. I went back to my car and tried to open the door with both coffees in my hand, a super stupid move. And I paid dearly for my stupidity. The hot coffee spilled all over my bare arm (of COURSE the iced one didn't) and my arm instantly started burning. I rushed back into the store and cut in front of everyone in line. I heard a few "Heys!" and "What do you think you're doings?!" and yelled at the barista that I burned myself with coffee, I needed a large cup of ice immediately. She grabbed one and I poured it on my arm and soaked the ice on it. Both her and my quick actions saved my arm, and I of course didn't sue Starbucks for acting like an idiot. Oh, and I apologized to the customers for cutting in front of them as well
You just let those million fly away? lol

Good for you!

I thought everyone knew coffee was a "hot" beverage. Maybe one should ask for milk, or a couple of pieces of ice before they venture off.
I'm thinking right now how I can possibly burn my self enough to sue over coffee, this cop might lead the way for me knowing you can sue for the anxiety a cup of coffee could lead to..

Old 05-05-2015, 02:40 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Cops need to aim higher. The McDonald's lady won a lot more than that!!

Oh, everybody understands the legal system when it is they who are injured. Until then, make fun of lawyers and plaintiffs.

Mick

Thank you, I will make fun of them.

Like the dolt who won beaucoups bucks for putting the hot coffee between her knees at a drive-thru, to this cop who spilled his (and then wondered, "Who can I sue?), the world is full of stupid, litigious people.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:48 PM

6,707 posts, read 5,937,576 times
What a pathetic baby.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:08 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
You just let those million fly away? lol

Good for you!

I thought everyone knew coffee was a "hot" beverage. Maybe one should ask for milk, or a couple of pieces of ice before they venture off.
I'm thinking right now how I can possibly burn my self enough to sue over coffee, this cop might lead the way for me knowing you can sue for the anxiety a cup of coffee could lead to..
Lol.

Everybody's getting paid. Better do it fast!!

Old 05-05-2015, 03:14 PM

22,339 posts, read 29,439,446 times
Give me a break.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:15 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,456,953 times
I wonder if the culpability will be the same if it was actually FREE coffee vs paid for services???????

Old 05-05-2015, 03:18 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,638,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
Something similar happened to McDonald's happened several years ago with an idiot spilling coffee on his/her lap. That's why the cups in McDonald's have all the warning labels on the cups. It's also why the coffee isn't so blazing hot as it used to be.

His/Her lap ?
Did he become a her after spilling hot coffee on his lap ?

Old 05-05-2015, 03:53 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Some cases the person deserves to truly win because those cases have merit. However in many cases there is no reason to sue.

I hope this police officer loses this case. He got a free cup of coffee and now seems to want to get a free cash handout.

I once sued a bike manufacturer and the reason was while riding my bike the entire front handle came off and I lost control of the bike. The handle was attached to the bike but the screw that holds in place and fell off. I pushed my entire body weight to control the bike and avoid veering off into the street where cars would have hit me and I would have been killed. I sustained light injuries.

Now had I simply lost control of the bike or were not paying attention and crashed and injured myself, I would never have sued the manufacturer.

One has to look at the cause of the problem before filing a lawsuit. A cup of coffee spilling is not the fault of Starbuck's, but you. Now had customers felt ill after drinking their drinks, then that would be a good case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events