Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2015, 12:43 PM

932 posts, read 898,566 times

Advertisements

"DOJ’s civil rights investigation into the Ferguson criminal justice system found that authorities have routinely violated the rights of black citizens and have used tickets to generate revenue for the city."

"Many police officers “appear to see some residents, especially those who live in Ferguson’s predominately African-American neighborhoods, less as constituents to be protected than as potential offenders and sources of revenue,” in part due to city policies, according to the report."

DOJ Issues Damning Report On Ferguson Police, Courts

My question is even after this was release why is not anybody here putting the blame on cops as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 12:51 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Been that way. Baltimore been bad since bread was invented
Makes absolutely no sense at all. People don't create slums & ruin out of thin air. For every ruin, there was once a civilized place.

i

Old 05-28-2015, 12:55 PM

932 posts, read 898,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Makes absolutely no sense at all. People don't create slums & ruin out of thin air. For every ruin, there was once a civilized place.

i

Look into the history, what Im saying it has been slummed out since the early days

Old 05-28-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
"DOJ’s civil rights investigation into the Ferguson criminal justice system found that authorities have routinely violated the rights of black citizens and have used tickets to generate revenue for the city."

"Many police officers “appear to see some residents, especially those who live in Ferguson’s predominately African-American neighborhoods, less as constituents to be protected than as potential offenders and sources of revenue,” in part due to city policies, according to the report." My question is even after this was release why is not anybody here putting the blame on cops as well?
Easy Answer - Black people run Baltimore.

Ferguson is a small suburb town of STL that went from White to Black in 1 decade which you are trying to compare to a major US city.

The reason the DOJ can't make the same claim about Baltimore is that it has a Black Mayor, Black Police Chief, close to 1/2 the police force is Black, majority of city council is Black, and justice system is headed by a Black woman. Clearly it is the epidemy of NE democratic party liberalism. I can imagine then that the USA DOJ also headed by a Black woman, reporting to a Black president would be loath to lay such charges against Baltimore which now is of, by and for Black people.

They will have to either find another bogeyman to blame because in this case the blond haired blue eyed devils had nothing to do with its current sad state headed to ruin.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:30 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:

"Many police officers “appear to see some residents, especially those who live in Ferguson’s predominately African-American neighborhoods, less as constituents to be protected than as potential offenders and sources of revenue,†in part due to city policies, according to the report."

DOJ Issues Damning Report On Ferguson Police, Courts

My question is even after this was release why is not anybody here putting the blame on cops as well?
I for one absolutely blame Freddie Gray's death and the weekend shootings in Baltimore on the Ferguson police force and courts. It makes me so

Old 05-28-2015, 01:45 PM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I for one absolutely blame Freddie Gray's death and the weekend shootings in Baltimore on the Ferguson police force and courts. It makes me so
So why would anyone in Baltimore shoot someone else in Baltimore because they are mad about something that happened in ferguson ? I guess I don't understand how that thought process happens.

Old 05-28-2015, 01:50 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
So why would anyone in Baltimore shoot someone else in Baltimore because they are mad about something that happened in ferguson ? I guess I don't understand how that thought process happens.
[My attempt at sarcasm, to mock a 'thought process' that makes zero sense didn't succeed; sorry 'bout that.]

Old 05-28-2015, 01:56 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
[/b][/quote]

Because if you READ the title of the thread, we are talking about BALTIMORE. If you want to discuss a different city, go to that thread.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:10 PM

402 posts, read 369,075 times
I'm not surprised about this, and I understand why cops are pulling back, but it seems kinda petulant to me. In what other career field can you get away with not doing your job because someone hurt your feelings?

Regarding Baltimore's systemic problems, just wait, they can become America's systemic problems when Martin O'Malley (former Baltimore mayor and MD governor) runs for President.

Last edited by rumline; 05-28-2015 at 02:22 PM..

Old 05-28-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumline View Post
I'm not surprised about this, and I understand why cops are pulling back, but it seems kinda petulant to me. In what other career field can you get away with not doing your job because someone hurt your feelings?
Any career where you must constantly judge the risk of personal death or injury against that of providing service to a public that has clearly demonstrated they don't want you there. A situation made worse by management that does not support such decisions and instead panders to politics and media attention.

IMO, Baltimore will do good to hold on to what officers it has left because I can't imagine that anyone would want to work under such impossible conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events