Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 11:56 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
Quite agree!

what demented sicko would kill a 1 and 2 year old?? Horrible.
Happens all the time, not just in Baltimore but everywhere.

You're from OH, yes?

Here's one from rural PA where the alleged perpetrator was from OH.

Clarion County Death Penalty Case Moving Forward :: exploreClarion.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 01:43 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,105,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSwitek View Post
You obviously know ZERO about mob psychology and behavior. The manner in which Baltimore handled this situation is completely contrary to all proven effective methods and tactics for quelling riots. There is no such thing as letting them "blow off steam." We have seen time and time again that allows the situation to escalate and victimizes small business owners who have their businesses looted and destroyed. Letting them "blow off steam" results in far more injuries, property damage and incites further civil unrest.

Exactly!! Baltimore's racist mayor caused these riots and she and the city council should pay for the cleanup with their own money, not tax dollars. These riots show why more national government is needed, including a national police force, because local government is corrupt and incompetent. IMHO the federal government should have taken over Baltimore and Detroit years ago and run the city properly; if that had taken place those cities surely would not be in the mess they are in today.

https://www.baltimorebrew.com/2015/0...t-on-westside/

Last edited by james777; 05-25-2015 at 02:10 PM..

Old 05-25-2015, 02:43 PM

277 posts, read 365,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It shows that when the Police may be needed the most they will not be there. They have put their own self-interest above the public interest. It is a failure of leadership at all levels and points to the need to clean house. The privet sector employee would be fired if he failed to do his job. Why should the public sector be paid to do nothing ? It's a form of Blue Flu. If it becomes acceptable it points to the breakdown of society in need of reform.
FALSE!!!! The police were there, fully prepared and willing to do their jobs. They were ordered to stand down by the mayor who was elected by the people. Do not blame the police for the failure of elected politicians.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:45 PM

277 posts, read 365,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Sounds like Stan gets it. Violence begets more violence.
Do not confuse violence and the lawful application force to maintain law and order.

Old 05-25-2015, 03:40 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Quite agree!

In 2013, 1,520 children died from abuse or neglect in the U.S., an average of about 4 children killed by their caregivers every day. Those are confirmed deaths. Experts estimate that homicides of children from abuse and neglect is under-reported by as much as 50 %, often being misclassified as deaths due to unintentional injury.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/fatality.pdf

Old 05-25-2015, 04:13 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh, that is a relief !

Don
Well, for white people in Baltimore the stats are a relief. What is it, a mere 1 or 2 white homicide victims. That means blacks are killing each other, not white people.

A little update from noon today:

"Two people were fatally shot in separate incidents early Monday, continuing a run of violence in the city over the Memorial Day weekend.The two killings increased this month's homicide total to 35 – Baltimore's deadliest month since 1999. There have been 108 homicides in the city this year.

Six other people were shot since 10 p.m. Sunday, bringing the number of shootings over the three-day weekend to 27."

No stats for race on these weekend victims, but probably good news for whites, bad news for #blacklivesmattertootherblacklives.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:27 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
Do you honestly think that people living in the ghetto do not want better circumstances? As one who grew up in the projects, I know that most people living in bad neighborhoods do not see a way out, so they need to be shown the way out, and they need a little help. Working requires access to public transportation at the minimum, baby sitters, etc, If you are an unwed mother, taking time off from shift work to go to PTA meetings is next to impossible, etc. If you castigate a woman because she has children out of wedlock, reliable birth control requires $$$ and time. Hopefully, you see the point.

I am the first person in my immediate family to go to college, but this was not due to any parental prodding. I was encouraged by a member of the Salvation Army to go to college.I found a way to do this when loans and tuition were not so expensive. Without the Salvation Army's encouragement, I would not be the person that I am today. Dangling hope in front of a person costs nothing, and the rewards can be great.
This whole ghetto mentality of do for me, give me, can't get ahead because I'm black, descendant of slaves, white privilege, and I can go on and on just keeps people in everlasting ignorance and dependence. As for your example of an unwed mother, it's her damn fault that she got knocked up. What about the father is he not responsible as well? Hope is good to have. Personal responsibility and hard work are better to have.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:31 PM

222 posts, read 185,714 times
Regarding birth control. Condoms are cheap and free in most places. Abstinence is also free.

Old 05-25-2015, 09:03 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Maybe we could put all these POS in a stadium and let them kill themselves and then have a huge bonfire when they are done to cremate the bodies...

Heck let's do this in every city....
Didn't a little of this happen in the Superdome after Katrina? If I remember correctly, the murder rate increased sharply.

Quote:
Quite agree!

A baby momma or dadda that didn't want to be a momma or dadda. Easy fix, c'mon already!

Old 05-25-2015, 09:31 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,021,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm0484 View Post
Do you honestly think that people living in the ghetto do not want better circumstances? As one who grew up in the projects, I know that most people living in bad neighborhoods do not see a way out, so they need to be shown the way out, and they need a little help. Working requires access to public transportation at the minimum, baby sitters, etc, If you are an unwed mother, taking time off from shift work to go to PTA meetings is next to impossible, etc. If you castigate a woman because she has children out of wedlock, reliable birth control requires $$$ and time. Hopefully, you see the point.

I am the first person in my immediate family to go to college, but this was not due to any parental prodding. I was encouraged by a member of the Salvation Army to go to college.I found a way to do this when loans and tuition were not so expensive. Without the Salvation Army's encouragement, I would not be the person that I am today. Dangling hope in front of a person costs nothing, and the rewards can be great.
Birth control is very cheap and even free in many cases. It's intentionally not taken - each child = more $$. No excuses for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events