Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:48 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
People are getting tired of idiots with drones. This guy takes action into his own hands. Indignant drown owner says he will go to small claims court over smashed drone.
Lets hope he wins!!!!

NO ONE LIKES THIER PRIVACY BEING INVADED BY THESE STUPID THINGS!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 12:27 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,954 times
This guy messed up but if a drone is over your house and is too close to it then I think the owner should be able to destroy it (not by shooting though). If a drone all of the sudden lands in your yard then I also think the house owner has every right to not allow anyone to retrieve it if not take for himself. I met some strange guy who said a drone landed in his yard after hitting a tree. He ended taking the drone for himself and not giving it back. The drone owner should have never flew it that low was his rationale.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:26 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
I am annoyed by the sense of entitlement some people have. Just going out and destroying other people's property because they don't like it?

This guy should get charged with malicious destruction of property.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:54 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Should have used the theme from 2001 A Space Odyssey
Nah. That 1968 vision of the early 2000s depicted a world that never came to be. Nothing like what we really got where idiots make asses of themselves with flying toys.

(Great movie. However it's probably too cerebral for today's 5 second attention spans where reaction has replaced critical thinking.)

Old 06-10-2015, 03:59 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I am annoyed by the sense of entitlement some people have. Just going out and destroying other people's property because they don't like it? This guy should get charged with malicious destruction of property.
So if someone did something like this at event in USA, because it's over "public space" you would be OK with it? (Merkel is Chanceller of Germany)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKV6g47hgRs

I'm thinking not.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:03 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,037,201 times
If someone is harassing you with an remote aerial vehicle you should have the right to defend yourself and break it.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,491,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They didn't do themselves any favors by referring to him as "drunk" on their video.

Based upon the limited information and the video, the guy was out of line and had no business walking into the street and destroying property.
I did not watch the video so I am not sure how large the drone is but I have a hard time trusting things flying around public places without permission. I always wonder when someone is going to drop a quarter pound of C4 in one of these.

EDIT: I would also like to say that $1,300 seems pretty cheap for a legit drone.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:56 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
People are getting tired of idiots with drones. This guy takes action into his own hands. Indignant drown owner says he will go to small claims court over smashed drone.

Huntington Beach man swats drone out of the air with his T-shirt completely smashing the $1,300 contraption | Daily Mail Online

There's more than a little bit of irony in the drone-owner's response. If that drone had crashed into the guy's roof, he'd be SOL because I guarantee you the drone-owner wouldn't have come forward to accept responsibility, and there's no identifying info on its body. The homeowner wouldn't have the same legal recourse, then.

Ordinances preclude our discharging weapons outdoors but, should we find one (or more) of these things trespassing on our property, DH and have the sluggers nearby.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:24 AM

761 posts, read 833,211 times
Somehow i feel this this thread will drone on and on and on and on and on and on.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:35 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
They were filming a commercial on a public street,what they were doing was totally legal there was no threat to any one and no cause to destroy the drone.
I'm thinking a court case would end up having the fat guy paying for the damages he caused.
Were people in the area advised there would be a filming via a drone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events