Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 08:49 PM

76 posts, read 87,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Those who play with drones must not get how unhappy a lot of people are about them. If the drone was flown over his house and he had said not to, then they should not have been surprised. There are areas where regulations are in the process of being established which ban drones at an altitude you can see the drone. It they flew it over his house and ignored them, its just a good lesson to listen to people when they say quit. Sorry for him but his toy won't be violating personal space now. Maybe he should learn to listen and speak to neighbors first for permission if he makes more commercials in residental areas.
Your argument is massively moronic if you think about it. So just because someone approaches you in the street and says "stop doing that because it irritates me" --- that gives them the right to destroy a $1,300 highly technological machine capable of wondrous videography?

The U.S. is founded on a system of laws --- not based around each invididual's perception of "that thing isn't cool so I can destroy it". Are you in grade school or sumthin?

Until there are actual state and federal statutes limiting drones to hovering a certain minimum altitude above your property, there AINT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. Just smile and wave to the camera on the drone and go about your day as usual. That's how any reasonable person with a minimally-functioning brain would react to seeing one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 08:50 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
Do drones have to started on roof tops since at some point while lifting off or touching down they are going to be at a height that terrifies you?
Do you want one to hit your windshield as you are driving down the road?

Old 06-10-2015, 08:54 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times
Fat, stupid, paranoid man ignorant of laws does something stupid that is going to cost himself $1300. Guess he'll have to lay off the 6 packs for a while. Moron.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:55 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,254,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
I guess your grade school sense of humor works on your uneducated gaggle of friends --- sorry, but it's just a waste of electrons in my world.

Try again, Doofy!
Waste of electrons? Sorry, I didn't think about that. How many electrons do you have left? I'm going to try to have more respect for older people and not take what little they have left.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:15 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,748 times
Quote:

Until there are actual state and federal statutes limiting drones to hovering a certain minimum altitude above your property, there AINT A DAMN THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. Just smile and wave to the camera on the drone and go about your day as usual. That's how any reasonable person with a minimally-functioning brain would react to seeing one.
what would be the reasoning for you to be flying over someones house with a video camera? sounds like a peeping tom to me. if i am in my house and a drone starts flying around my backyard with a camera on it, i just might start playing with a soft ball or something out there. you know, it's my backyard and all, and your silly machine wouldn't get hit if it wasn't hovering around my house like a perv trying to look in backyards and windows. take the dam thing to a park like where people take remote control planes and have at it there. it has no place in someone else's backyard or hovering over someones house.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:16 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
For the guy's defenders, let me pose a question: Have you ever parked your car where you weren't allowed to park? If so, would you have considered it fair if the police had blown it up or towed it to the crusher?

Old 06-10-2015, 09:22 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I think they got their commercial. Not so sure about verdict of case, if there is one. However the story says the man claims drone had been flying over his house which he had told them not to do. (apparently more than once)
Doesn't matter whether he wants them flying over his house or not, they can still do it.

Small claims will likely tell him to pay for the drone. Case closed.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:52 PM

76 posts, read 87,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
what would be the reasoning for you to be flying over someones house with a video camera? sounds like a peeping tom to me. if i am in my house and a drone starts flying around my backyard with a camera on it, i just might start playing with a soft ball or something out there. you know, it's my backyard and all, and your silly machine wouldn't get hit if it wasn't hovering around my house like a perv trying to look in backyards and windows. take the dam thing to a park like where people take remote control planes and have at it there. it has no place in someone else's backyard or hovering over someones house.
Doesn't really matter if you "think" a drone is hovering over your property in order to take video --- it all comes down to whether it's allowed to be in that airspace at a certain height above ground or not.

Just the same as you taking your 13 yr. old daughter to a beach and you "think" I might be taking video of her in her swimsuit and then later pleasuring myself to that video --- the law doesn't care about what you "think" I might be doing with the video --- only stating if I can take a video at a certain location or not.

I'd sure love to know where all you Internet lawyers get your degrees. Must be a fun place where Mickey Mouse teaches Constitutional law, yes?

Old 06-10-2015, 10:03 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,077,114 times
What a POS drone. 1300? You can buy a better one at aliexpress for like $500.

They guy saw gramps running towards it and he couldn't get it to fly away at a higher altitude? That ain't a "drone" as they are calling it. It's a freaking toy helicopter with a pos gopro glued to it.

I value it at $50 if that. Looks like it's made of legos.

Old 06-10-2015, 10:07 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,648 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter if you shoot it with a gun or swat it with a baseball bat --- destroying a drone is still FELONY vandalism and you'll be spending 6 months of quality time in the county jail and getting unwanted rectal exams daily. Have fun with that, bubsy!
Quote:
Your argument is massively moronic if you think about it. So just because someone approaches you in the street and says "stop doing that because it irritates me" --- that gives them the right to destroy a $1,300 highly technological machine capable of wondrous videography?

The U.S. is founded on a system of laws --- not based around each invididual's perception of "that thing isn't cool so I can destroy it". Are you in grade school or sumthin?

I don't need a specific "drone" law to establish trespass, invasion of privacy, wreckless endagerment and a host of other laws on the books (including nuisance type ordinances) that likely already apply. Also, there are drone laws restricting certain airspace and flight locations (Google is your friend) at the federal, state, and local level.

A federal law is not required to regulate such things, nor must it be a federal law for it to be illegal, as you keep implying. Capital murder is normally a state charge under state law, but from your dronings (couldn't resist), you seem to think the only way a person can be charged with murder is under a federal statute.

You keep insisting there are no laws regarding drones and they are legal to fly anywhere in all 50 states, when a simple Google key word search proves you are absolutely and totally wrong in your assertion. Please apply for a refund at Panty Drop U, as they obviously did not teach you a thing about critical thinking, logical reasoning, or provide you with the most rudimentary research skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events