Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 07:25 PM

963 posts, read 690,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
IMO, if someone flies a drone close enough to someone so they can hit it with a shirt, then they should have every right to take action.
WRONG. It wasn't on his property. HE approached the drone in a PUBLIC area and destroyed it. He's gonna pay for that incident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 07:38 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What video did you watch?

The one I watch had the drone flying in the street and the dude ran over to it and slapped it down.
And the drone was just the right height to hit a windshield. Do you really think it is legal to fly one low enough to hinder traffic? If that would have hit a moving car, the owner of the drone could be in deep trouble.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:49 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I am prepared with a loaded shotgun if someone drones over my yard in my neighborhood. If you want to play with your toy, take it to a park or public area.

I can't do the shotgun deal in my neighborhood but I will baseball bat one out of the air. We don't have to accept these things intruding into our lives and laws will soon reflect it when enough people revolt.

I can see it now..."Drone Lives Matter".

Old 06-10-2015, 07:57 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingquiet View Post
This is probably good for them financially. The tech community loves getting upset about old out of touch people getting in the way of technology. I'm sure you will come up with some retort but publicity is publicity and this will likely go viral in certain communities and lead to a few more sells. Maybe they goaded him hoping he would react.
Those who play with drones must not get how unhappy a lot of people are about them. If the drone was flown over his house and he had said not to, then they should not have been surprised. There are areas where regulations are in the process of being established which ban drones at an altitude you can see the drone. It they flew it over his house and ignored them, its just a good lesson to listen to people when they say quit. Sorry for him but his toy won't be violating personal space now. Maybe he should learn to listen and speak to neighbors first for permission if he makes more commercials in residental areas.

These shouldn't be sold as toys since its a given that they will be used to do inappropriate actions.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:57 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
Talking about being masculine, I'm thinking about getting my pit bull a drone !

Maybe you can teach the pitbull to fly the drone.

The problem is people who have these drones simply don't know when to quit. My buddy had a neighbor who buzzed his house constantly. What's fun to some is a annoyance to others.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
Lots of macho tough guys in here acting really tough behind their keyboards. They're about as fearsome as a cloudy day.

That's why I'm gonna keep flying my drone over their property and taking all the video I want. Because I know the law is on MY side --- not theirs.

Not in my back yard.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:03 PM

1,136 posts, read 924,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
And the drone was just the right height to hit a windshield. Do you really think it is legal to fly one low enough to hinder traffic? If that would have hit a moving car, the owner of the drone could be in deep trouble.
Do drones have to started on roof tops since at some point while lifting off or touching down they are going to be at a height that terrifies you?

Last edited by keepingquiet; 06-10-2015 at 08:32 PM..

Old 06-10-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post
LOL --- I can guarantee my university degrees drops panties in any bar I walk into and yours prolly impresses the folks in the trailer park. I would bet your house would fit in my garage.

Now off to bed you go --- make sure Mommy gives you some milk and cookies beforehand.

Your degrees drop panties in any bar you go to? What planet are you on?

BTW...my dad can beat up your dad.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,254,134 times
People shouldn't be so hard on Grand-Pooba-9. He sounds like he's 100 years old, all his friends died decades ago, and all he has now is his drone hobby. Imagine how lonely he must be.

What we need are some drone wars, to make things more interesting, and not just drone on and on. He could bring his drones to a giant field, others could bring theirs, and the drones could all attack each other in the air. Like the kites in "The Kite Runner".

Old 06-10-2015, 08:39 PM

76 posts, read 87,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I can't do the shotgun deal in my neighborhood but I will baseball bat one out of the air. We don't have to accept these things intruding into our lives and laws will soon reflect it when enough people revolt.

I can see it now..."Drone Lives Matter".
Doesn't matter if you shoot it with a gun or swat it with a baseball bat --- destroying a drone is still FELONY vandalism and you'll be spending 6 months of quality time in the county jail and getting unwanted rectal exams daily. Have fun with that, bubsy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events