Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2015, 10:29 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand-Pooba-9 View Post

Just the same as you taking your 13 yr. old daughter to a beach and you "think" I might be taking video of her in her swimsuit and then later pleasuring myself to that video --- the law doesn't care about what you "think" I might be doing with the video --- only stating if I can take a video at a certain location or not.
well i don't have a daughter but being at the beach in a public place and being filmed by someone there is completely different than being in my own home or private backyard and someone having a camera flying around and filming me. that is just flat-out creeptastic. i can't see any reason that you would need to be flying around someones house other than trying to get a peep at something for your own sick thrill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 01:43 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,059,727 times
Look drone-fans:

I come from an eariler generation of remote control aircraft - model planes, gliders, helicopters, and jets. You can't fly them ANYWHERE. In fact you can't even fly them at certain parks, or even generic open spaces likes beaches. That's the problem with drones. You attach your GoPro Hero4 camera, and snoop in on people who have a cultural expectation of some degree of anonymity. But drones require such a small "footprint" of take off and landing, that you think they fit anywhere.

So drones will be regulated, because they must be.

However, for the enterprising and lawless among us - a 2w laser will fix your wagon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuceDT2R4f4&t=3

Old 06-11-2015, 02:11 AM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
For the guy's defenders, let me pose a question: Have you ever parked your car where you weren't allowed to park? If so, would you have considered it fair if the police had blown it up or towed it to the crusher?
Ok, let's keep the comparison to similar activities. If you DRIVE your car in erratic ways, in ways that interfere or impede others, create a danger or dangerous situation, or in areas it is illegal to operate a car, and you are caught doing these things, there is a high likely hood your car will be impounded, and you will be facing heavy fines and possible jail time. If drugs are involved, you likely just lost the car to the local police department's drug enforcement budget. If it was a high speed chase, you will most likely have a few "modifications" to the car's body work courtesy of the police cruiser's bumper system.

If you are driving in a normal fashion, respecting others, and following basic traffic rules, I doubt any one would notice you. Same same with drones.

If the drone was parked, even where it didn't belong, this thread wouldn't exist...

Last edited by Tuck's Dad; 06-11-2015 at 02:34 AM..

Old 06-11-2015, 03:40 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
WRONG. It wasn't on his property. HE approached the drone in a PUBLIC area and destroyed it. He's gonna pay for that incident.
WRONG. Produce statute that says you can't defend yourself in a public area.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Doesn't matter if you shoot it with a gun or swat it with a baseball bat --- destroying a drone is still FELONY vandalism and you'll be spending 6 months of quality time in the county jail and getting unwanted rectal exams daily. Have fun with that, bubsy!
Why don't you produce the legal statute that says this.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
For the guy's defenders, let me pose a question: Have you ever parked your car where you weren't allowed to park? If so, would you have considered it fair if the police had blown it up or towed it to the crusher?
False analogy. The drone was not parked on the side of the street. Now if you are driving your car where it causes a danger to people, such as the wrong side of the interstate, then the police should take whatever action required to remove you from the road.

Old 06-11-2015, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Doesn't really matter if you "think" a drone is hovering over your property in order to take video --- it all comes down to whether it's allowed to be in that airspace at a certain height above ground or not.
Doesn't matter what you think either. As I said earlier, produce a legal statute that supports your legal claims. As I pointed out earlier, the FAA specifies a minimum height that aircraft are allowed not only over private property but public as well. Where I live it's 4000 ft.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:47 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I am prepared with a loaded shotgun if someone drones over my yard in my neighborhood. If you want to play with your toy, take it to a park or public area.
100% with you on that. The proliferation of these idiot devices should make some decent wingshooting practice for waterfowl season.

Old 06-11-2015, 06:18 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WRONG. Produce statute that says you can't defend yourself in a public area.
And what exactly was Fatso defending himself from? What danger was he in, other than having his lack of style exposed?

Old 06-11-2015, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
And what exactly was Fatso defending himself from? What danger was he in, other than having his lack of style exposed?
Maybe you did not read the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events