Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2015, 09:13 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Yes. Big Boy was in the wrong. He walked onto public property and destroyed private property. Hopefully that will be a very expensive T-shirt he bought.
Will do and unless you can prove i've done something illegal you can pay for the damages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 10:16 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Whatever you think doesn't give you the right to destroy my privacy. Just call the cops and let them deal with it when I swat your drone.
You don't have the right to privacy on a public street or sidewalk. Why is that lost on so many people?

Old 06-14-2015, 10:27 AM

46 posts, read 60,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
You don't have the right to privacy on a public street or sidewalk. Why is that lost on so many people?

Why is it lost on so many people that drones should not be flown where there is a danger to the public? I have a right to walk down a public street without having to duck for cover. I have the right to prevent drones from invading the airspace above my property for privacy and safety concerns. Sure, FAA regulations rule. I get it. Jammers vs. Droners.... Guess who wins that battle?

Old 06-14-2015, 10:42 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,836,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I'm referring to the 'drone' people in this thread that feel it's their right to fly over my property.

I'm not going to swat a drone in public unless it gets in my face.

I have no problem with courteous drone users.

Old 06-14-2015, 11:16 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
I'm referring to the 'drone' people in this thread that feel it's their right to fly over my property.

I'm not going to swat a drone in public unless it gets in my face.

I have no problem with courteous drone users.
It's not about feelings, yours or anyone else's. If the airspace above your house, or above your head, is designated as "publicly navagable", you have to live with it.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:21 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
It's not about feelings, yours or anyone else's. If the airspace above your house, or above your head, is designated as "publicly navagable", you have to live with it.
Actually we don't. Prove that I took it down. If these things start getting destroyed, maybe the owners would start being more courteous. Lets face it, some of the drone owners on this thread have had a hateful attitude. They might lose a few teeth recovering the remains of their drone. You know if it goes down on private property, they don't have the right to enter and recover it. In Missouri, If I consider them a threat, I can shoot them. (the drone owners)

Old 06-14-2015, 12:58 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
It may be illegal to shoot a gun in city limits but I still have my sons Red Ryder BB gun that will take out a drone to about 60 feet.

That would be fun.

Old 06-14-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It may be illegal to shoot a gun in city limits but I still have my sons Red Ryder BB gun that will take out a drone to about 60 feet.

That would be fun.
I lost my Red Ryder when my tongue got stuck on the darned light post. Would you agree that using a frequency jammer positioned on one's own property, would be not only legal but not liable for unintended damage to a drone that was not invited to fly over my property?

Old 06-14-2015, 03:19 PM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Actually we don't. Prove that I took it down. If these things start getting destroyed, maybe the owners would start being more courteous. Lets face it, some of the drone owners on this thread have had a hateful attitude. They might lose a few teeth recovering the remains of their drone. You know if it goes down on private property, they don't have the right to enter and recover it. In Missouri, If I consider them a threat, I can shoot them. (the drone owners)
Another Internet tough guy claiming readiness to do violent acts because his sense of propriety is offended. Un-wad those girly panties and relax, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idphoneguy View Post
I lost my Red Ryder when my tongue got stuck on the darned light post. Would you agree that using a frequency jammer positioned on one's own property, would be not only legal but not liable for unintended damage to a drone that was not invited to fly over my property?
It would probably fall into the same category as cell phone jamming. Do you invite airliners, police helicopters and other regular visitors to "your" airspace to overfly?

Old 06-14-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Another Internet tough guy claiming readiness to do violent acts because his sense of propriety is offended. Un-wad those girly panties and relax, dude.

It would probably fall into the same category as cell phone jamming. Do you invite airliners, police helicopters and other regular visitors to "your" airspace to overfly?

Considering that the FCC regulates communications and the FAA regulates aviation, using a frequency jammer to stop a drone isn't the same as cell phone jamming. If there is an airliner or police helicopter within 200-300 ft. of my house, I would be surprised.

I'm going to go back to my original thought. Would it be illegal to jam the frequencies of theprivacy invading drones? There is no intent to harm a particular drone. My onlyintent would be to protect my property from privacy invaders using the airwavesto control vehicles to invade my privacy. The very inexpensive equipment (lessthan $100.00) can be set up on your private property and sweep through thefrequencies most often used by the manufacturers, 24x7. The equipment isvariable and adjustable and has ranges reaching out only 200-300 ft. in a 360degree pattern. It is not aimed at a particular drone. How could that beillegal and the drone owner's actions using those same frequencies be legal?I'm not going to shoot it, through rocks or baseballs, or swing a shirt at it.I'm going to prevent it from flying over my property with no particular harmintended.

Just keep your toys with cameras out of my business and I will respect your right to fly drones in a safe, considerate manner.

Last edited by Idphoneguy; 06-14-2015 at 03:42 PM.. Reason: Grammer details
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events