Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:44 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Can I stab someone in the neck for not putting a pickle on my burger? I'm entitled to that pickle! I paid for that pickle! I was repeatedly dissed by that employee for refusing me my pickle. Just one little stab in the neck?
To even try to equate your ludicrous scenerio with a person having been repeatedly raped as a child shows a depraved, sick mindset. I feel sorry for any children you might have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 08:50 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,768,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
To even try to equate your ludicrous scenerio with a person having been repeatedly raped as a child shows a depraved, sick mindset. I feel sorry for any children you might have.
He was merely pointing out a potential slippery slope. Who gets to draw the line for when vigilante justice is okay? Get your panties out of a wad. Nobody thinks being shorted a pickle is the same as enduring sexual abuse.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:26 AM

25,563 posts, read 17,271,154 times
The "He needed killin'" defense.

I'm not kidding. There are lots of people in the world who need killin'. Sometimes the government drops bombs on them and sometimes they get taken out by parents or friends or victims. And in this case the victim himself finally did it.

Except for VietNam I have never been associated with anyone who needed killing. But I can see where it might happen, and I know of at least one case in our town where it happened. There was a trial, but no conviction.

There are times when a "permanently disfiguring ass-whuppin'" just is not enough.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:35 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,837 times
This man's life was ruined by a pedophile who repeatedly raped him for a period of four years. The perp was in a double position of trust--a Boy Scout leader and a law enforcement officer. I will not waste one milligram of sympathy on him. He came to a fitting end.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:42 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Great. People should be able to stab whomever they want in the neck. Who knows what horrible deeds they may have committed. And this way we can save lots of money on courts and due process.
Agreed. I am a victim of sexual assault myself, but vigilante justice is not acceptable. Even though it's not perfect, we have a legal system for a reason.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:05 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,797 times
Did anyone here even READ the article? It says that many other men had come forward and made similar accusations against Pegg, who was stabbed. So the man who killed Pegg was not the only one who was molested by this monster. Pegg apparently molested many boys who came forward later and made accusations against him, but they did not have any proof. Similar to the Jerry Sandusky case.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:35 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,768,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Did anyone here even READ the article? It says that many other men had come forward and made similar accusations against Pegg, who was stabbed. So the man who killed Pegg was not the only one who was molested by this monster. Pegg apparently molested many boys who came forward later and made accusations against him, but they did not have any proof. Similar to the Jerry Sandusky case.
What exactly is your point? That murder is okay if the victim has wronged you in the past?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:47 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,424,525 times
I dont have sympathy for the murdered here but we do have a system of law in this Nation for a reason....

Old 06-22-2015, 11:10 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,132,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
This man's life was ruined by a pedophile who repeatedly raped him for a period of four years. The perp was in a double position of trust--a Boy Scout leader and a law enforcement officer. I will not waste one milligram of sympathy on him. He came to a fitting end.
And the murderer will too....many, many years in jail...his life even more ruined now.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:21 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
if this story is true, then I agree...

not that I condone vigilante, the perp needs some sort of judgement against him, as mentioned earlier psych work must be included, but I don't think life in prison is fitting if again this is true

but how do you even prove it...only other person who knows truth is dead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events