Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 11:32 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Did anyone here even READ the article? It says that many other men had come forward and made similar accusations against Pegg, who was stabbed. So the man who killed Pegg was not the only one who was molested by this monster. Pegg apparently molested many boys who came forward later and made accusations against him, but they did not have any proof. Similar to the Jerry Sandusky case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
What exactly is your point? That murder is okay if the victim has wronged you in the past?
There's all these people commenting on here saying "There's no proof! Can't I just kill someone and then pretend they abused me when I was a child!?!?" Those people obviously didn't read the article, or they would see that this case is not that simple, this man was one of many who accused Pegg of molesting them when they were children. In all likelihood, Pegg did molest those boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 11:38 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Real life Dexter, just not as smooth. I'm all for this.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:20 PM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I doubt you put much thought into this.
Not sure why you would think that. But I'd love to see some examples please. Since I actually looked, I doubt YOU will find them.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:39 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
It's cases like these where hopefully one juror does the right thing (assuming there is sufficient evidence) and nullifies the trial.

Or, if guilty of the manslaughter charge the judge gives him probation or some other minimal punishment.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:45 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Can I stab someone in the neck for not putting a pickle on my burger? I'm entitled to that pickle! I paid for that pickle! I was repeatedly dissed by that employee for refusing me my pickle. Just one little stab in the neck?
Are you seriously comparing someone screwing up your order to sexual molestation and rape?

Old 06-22-2015, 01:48 PM

733 posts, read 854,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Can I stab someone in the neck for not putting a pickle on my burger? I'm entitled to that pickle! I paid for that pickle! I was repeatedly dissed by that employee for refusing me my pickle. Just one little stab in the neck?

I can't understand why you would attempt to compare being raped for years with not getting a pickle on a burger. It just makes no sense and is frightening.

Old 06-22-2015, 01:52 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,934,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
There's all these people commenting on here saying "There's no proof! Can't I just kill someone and then pretend they abused me when I was a child!?!?" Those people obviously didn't read the article, or they would see that this case is not that simple, this man was one of many who accused Pegg of molesting them when they were children. In all likelihood, Pegg did molest those boys.
Even if he was molested by this man, that is no justification for murder. He may get applause, but I seriously doubt he is going to walk.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:06 PM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
And the murderer will too....many, many years in jail...his life even more ruined now.
Yes, and he will probably be sexually assaulted again in prison. Vigilante justice is never a good idea.

Old 06-22-2015, 03:10 PM

698 posts, read 588,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's cases like these where hopefully one juror does the right thing (assuming there is sufficient evidence) and nullifies the trial.

Or, if guilty of the manslaughter charge the judge gives him probation or some other minimal punishment.
Do you believe that this murder was justified? What about the rule of law and the dead man's right to due process and a fair trial?

What other types of crimes do you think it should be ok to just kill someone in an act of revenge?

Old 06-22-2015, 04:39 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,681,680 times
If true okay, though it should be proved that he was molested and not just as an excuse to murder the man.

I just feel skeeved out by cheering murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events