Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 06:05 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
Who gets to draw the line for when vigilante justice is okay?
Oh, I think just about everyone could draw the line at self-defense, of which this was clearly a case.

If I were on that jury, I'd say not guilty. He's suffered enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 06:27 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,688,290 times
Im sorry but even though i agree that if hes telling the truth hes suffered enough i cant help but think of all the years that passed. IMO if youre going to use an excuse like that you do it then not 30-40 some off years later. I dont care if there is no statute you just dont do it.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:29 AM

35,083 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Give him probation. He's had enough punishment.
Agreed. A jury may have "nullifed" the law by declaring him not guilty. He may have gotten a raw deal since manslaughter is the most he might have been convicted of anyway.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:46 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,968,632 times
Not sure if I was really aware of minor molestation until the Sandusky case...and the priests. Apparently it is much more common than many had considered possible.

How can we significantly lower this heinous behavior? Possibly by teaching kids to privately come forward somehow? I have heard that the molested often grow up into molestors. Which adds even more gravity to this emergency.

I'd never feel quite right about myself if I had been fully molested as a juvenile. This is a very serious crime.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:15 AM

2,673 posts, read 2,237,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Can I stab someone in the neck for not putting a pickle on my burger? I'm entitled to that pickle! I paid for that pickle! I was repeatedly dissed by that employee for refusing me my pickle. Just one little stab in the neck?

So... you think getting shortchanged at Burger King is almost like.... an innocent child getting assaulted and raped? Wow. You are definitely self-absorbed.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:19 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
I wish I was on the jury just so I could acquit him. Give him a medal.

The thing that scares me most about being a parent is what I'd do to someone if I found out they did something like this to my child.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
He was merely pointing out a potential slippery slope. Who gets to draw the line for when vigilante justice is okay? Get your panties out of a wad. Nobody thinks being shorted a pickle is the same as enduring sexual abuse.

Right. So he pointed out the potential slippery slope where the whole town applauds for him over a pickle, once we let the killing of a child rapist slide.

Heck... we're lucky its not legal to kill telemarketers by now, at least.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
I dont have sympathy for the murdered here but we do have a system of law in this Nation for a reason....
We don't have a system of law in this country... we have a law RACKET in this country, where lawyers reason away the truth and justice is bought for a price.

Talk about free health care. Why don't we make the justice system free, where lawyers get paid by the government so that everybody has an equal chance? Fat chance that would ever happen, but it ought to.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Yes, and he will probably be sexually assaulted again in prison. Vigilante justice is never a good idea.
And guess why he'll get sexually assaulted in prison? Because the GOVERNMENT doesn't give a blank about justice. They think they can run your life for you, but they can't even keep convicts from raping and killing each other in a maximum security prison. They can't even stop these guys from tattooing each other.

It's the government's fault that people have to resort to vigilante justice in a country that's loaded with state of the art prisons and millions of cops armed with military equipment and all sorts of technology.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:27 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
There is a twice convicted pedophile living in my neighborhood. When he came back this time, he lives with his mother, I went door-to-door and warned everyone. Then I went and talked to him. I told him straight out, if I ever saw him with his hands on one of the kids around here, I would just walk up behind and snap his neck. And I would. I'm an old man, what are they going to do to me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events