Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 05:57 PM

836 posts, read 1,663,279 times

Advertisements

When it's time for violence, nothing else will do.

Lotta unprepared people around and this is what happens; could be You next.

Are You prepared?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 06:01 PM

781 posts, read 737,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
How do you know nobody had one?
A negative can't proven. Or is this a double negative, whatever.....

Old 07-08-2015, 06:41 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,944,855 times
Nope. The most shooting I would do is a video. Apologies to the victim's family. But when good Samaritans stop getting thrown in jail for intervening, then we'll intervene. Until then, it's every man for himself.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:07 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,714,087 times
Hard to say, but I'm not sure someone firing a gun on a train with innocent people standing on both ends of the car would have helped this situation. The murderer was obviously moving around a lot, on a moving train with a lot of fear and adrenaline. I'm just not sure the "hero with a gun" scenario plays out.

There are times when a bystander with a gun can be effective, but this situation could have just as easily ended up as two innocent people dead.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:34 PM

932 posts, read 900,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
So... No one could stop this guy???
that is what im saying. Nobody help. 2 guys could had easily took the knife from him. Heck if everybody ran on the guy and pounded him , the man life probably would had been saved and suspect dead

Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 PM

932 posts, read 900,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Yep, it sounds like two were elderly, and who knows about the rest. A guy has a knife, acting insane, and brutally murdering someone is not something easily dealt with. I'd like to think I would have attempted to step in, but you don't know unless you are in that situation. I can say with certainty if I was there and carrying a concealed handgun, the murder would have never happened.

even if it was 7 people they could had easily overtook the guy. . He had his back to them. They all stood around waiting to die.

A few could had grabbed his arm with the knife and the rest pund is head, stab him with keys or whatever. Suspect could had been out cold within 10 seconds

Old 07-08-2015, 07:42 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,870,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
that is what im saying. Nobody help. 2 guys could had easily took the knife from him. Heck if everybody ran on the guy and pounded him , the man life probably would had been saved and suspect dead
This is America.... Land of the liberals... Europe will give this guy psychological help, a job, some cash, and excerise regimen for a year before reintroduced back to society.... After all, imprisonment is like torture and is in humane, just like death penalty before it was abolished... We don't need to lock up human beings, they are not animals.... Liberals don't look for justice their feelings are more important than what the victims and their families want.... /end sarcasm for those who didn't get it....

Last edited by evilnewbie; 07-08-2015 at 08:11 PM..

Old 07-09-2015, 01:45 AM

29,525 posts, read 22,688,988 times
A lot of wanna be Bruce Lee's out there.

Yes I am certain several of you would have bravely stormed the perp and using a series of flying spin kicks and hammer fists, would have obliterated him, to the cheers of the adoring but frightened passengers on the bus.

For the rest of us, at least we will admit that we never know how we will act in such incredibly stressful situations, involving life and death and extreme violence and blood.

I know if I was on that bus, I would have been so shocked and scared and would have been frozen in my seat, my mind and body unable to move or comprehend the sheer violence that is before my eyes. Movies and video clips are one thing, reality is another.

The classic bystander effect.

So all of you heroes out there, I salute you for your bravery and confidence in knowing you would have confronted the perpetrator and saved the day.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:48 AM

379 posts, read 359,767 times
the dude was clearly tweaking on something

a bunch of little old ladies aren't going to be able to stop a dude on PCP, meth or bath salts who was able to stab a guy 45 times in between train stops

Old 07-09-2015, 01:52 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,148,620 times
Good thing DC has some of the most restrictive self-defense laws in the country, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events