Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 04:49 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,262,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
You really get off on the idea of women being restricted by their biology huh?

That really satisfies you for some reason. Women should be able to be as promiscuous as they damn well please.
Thank you for saying this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Women have been pressured/controlled by society/church/government/men and their families since the dawn of time. For women to finally be able to make their own choices regarding reproduction/family planning just chaps some people's hides. They would prefer that women be controlled like the good ol' days.

That is what it comes down to. It's control.

You can tell a lot about a country by the way they treat their women. Take away a woman's basic right to her self and how are we any better than 3rd world countries who treat their women like vessels for babies - who are just a means to bring about a man's DNA.

But that's a rhetorical question because honestly I don't care about the opinions of the anti-choice movement. They've already shown that to them women are baby making vessels first, and their lives, security, safety, choices, dreams, future is - and always will be - a distant second.

You can clamor and complain and accuse women who have abortions to be on par with ISIS. But, ultimately, in the US, well, you don't get to tell women what to do anymore. For now, women are first, baby making vessel is a distant second (or not even in the running).
One of the BEST posts I've read here on C-D.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:48 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,932,054 times
By treating your own body with out any respect, you are in essence teaching men, and your self, "you don't value it."
"You make your self" just another play thing .
NO one is forcing you to be "that play thing", and you enhance that, by being disposable, and making the mistakes disposable, not taking any responsibility for your actions ,typical liberal.
Who is the one with the mental disorder ?
I don't horse around, and I don't hang around those that do.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:57 AM

18,531 posts, read 18,768,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
One of the BEST posts I've read here on C-D.
Go Mommabear

Old 07-27-2015, 07:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Could not agree more with both of you!

My grandmother was born in 1894. My mother, b. 1936, was her last child. She had a total of 3 children....and in the interim of all of this, she had several *coat hanger* abortions. We all know why, and back then, unless a woman was born wealthy, her reproductive choices simply did not exist. It's amazing to me that my grandmother lived through one of them, much less all of them.

I'm sickened to hear anyone justifying the need to go back to such a dark time. Idiots. The lot of them
Are people really suggesting this or is it to hard to ask people and certainly women to teach their daughters? Seems to me too many are relying on abortion rather than no sex or safe sex, because after all seems to be asking to much in the year 2015.....would this solve unwanted babies?

I am for passing out free BC if this helps solve problems people on their own can't figure out. I can't even recall the girls and women who have told be taking BC was against their religion......seriously and abortion isn't. I am not against abortion, but why not educate, then this would not be a way for Planned Parenthood doctors to be able to sell body parts......it's the partial abortion that is in question.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are people really suggesting this or is it to hard to ask people and certainly women to teach their daughters? Seems to me too many are relying on abortion rather than no sex or safe sex, because after all seems to be asking to much in the year 2015.....would this solve unwanted babies?
Nope.

Pretty DAMN sure almost all women aren't just going to merrily march their tails down to the local abortion clinic to happily suck out said unwanted fetus.

Women seek abortion usually when they're in bad situations already.

I don't see a single person here piping up about men keeping their johnson's zipped....but several posts have mentioned women keeping their legs closed.

The double standard is sickening.

Quote:
I am for passing out free BC if this helps solve problems people on their own can't figure out. I can't even recall the girls and women who have told be taking BC was against their religion......seriously and abortion isn't. I am not against abortion, but why not educate, then this would not be a way for Planned Parenthood doctors to be able to sell body parts......it's the partial abortion that is in question.
I can agree with this. Personally, the idea of an abortion past the age of viability unless the fetus is going to die anyway is very difficult for me to stomach.

As a mother though...if I were gonna die by carrying my post 20 week fetus to term, I'd carry the fetus as long as I could from a mortality perspective and then upon delivery of the premature baby by this juncture, I'd want everything done to save the child. That's just me, though.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:54 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
late term abortion is not done on healthy babies. everyone that posts they do not agree with late term abortions seems to think they are done just because a woman changes her mid. this is not the case. the babies are severely compromised and will die at birth, or soon after birth following a horrible painful and short life. try not to spin things.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:24 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,464,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
late term abortion is not done on healthy babies. everyone that posts they do not agree with late term abortions seems to think they are done just because a woman changes her mid. this is not the case. the babies are severely compromised and will die at birth, or soon after birth following a horrible painful and short life. try not to spin things.
Yes, I agree with this.

To do this sounds terribly cruel to me. To allow such suffering to go on for a tiny infant who is going to die after spending a very short life sustained only by artificial means such as machines and drugs just so the parents can have the opportunity to have him or her for that short a time, to me is not the way I would choose to "save" a child.

I am not in the medical profession but I paid health insurance claims for decades. I saw this type of medical report pass my desk many times for the payment of bills. I could see where these poor little babies were kept alive at all costs at the request of the parents. I always thought it was one of the cruelest acts I had ever seen. I don't know what the parents were thinking; that they could see the baby for a short period of time? It always struck me that it was more for them than the poor little infant who knew only pain and suffering in his or her short and sad little life.

I also have a friend who is an OB nurse who has been helping to and sometimes delivering babies in the OR and sometimes doing home deliveries for decades. She also agrees with this as well.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:35 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I wish that were true, hula. While it absolutely was the case for me, approximately 15,000 late-term abortions are performed in the U.S. each year. Only a small portion of those are performed for fetal anomaly. A 2008 Guttmacher study found that the underlying reasons are similar to earlier abortions: financial stressors, relationship problems, education concerns, or parenting challenges. Of note, women seeking late-term abortion are, as a whole, younger than those who abort in the first trimester and have often delayed confirmation of pregnancy until the beginning of the second trimester. I will point out, however, that late-term abortions are broadly defined as any abortion performed after 20 weeks, and they are most commonly performed prior to 24 weeks. The third trimester IDX is exceedingly rare and performed for severe fetal or maternal complications. Furthermore, there are only a few providers in the U.S. who will perform the procedure. (George Tiller was one of them until his assasination in 2009.)

Last edited by randomparent; 07-27-2015 at 11:44 AM..

Old 07-27-2015, 11:44 AM

7,026 posts, read 4,903,157 times
Quote:

I don't see a single person here piping up about men keeping their johnson's zipped....but several posts have mentioned women keeping their legs closed.

The double standard is sickening.
I post this on the Yahoo comments a lot:

It takes two to tango. Men, it's called a zipper. Keep your zippers up and the whole abortion debate would be moot.

You'd be surprised at how many thumbs down I get to this comment, considering how many thumbs up go the "women just need to keep their legs crossed" comments.

And what's worse? A lot of the comments about how a woman should just keep her legs crossed come from......other women. That's just sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events