Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 06:21 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
The movement should be called,"Only some black lives matter".
Are whites shot when they do the same thing the alleged blacks did (outside of the BB gun incident)? Yes, but not nearly as common as a black person does the same thing. The poster who says it is a reminder of America's past is mostly true too. Whites with power discriminating and keeping the black man down. Black on black crime is kind of like white on white crime. There is little cause celeb for that outside of the personalities involved in the crimes.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:35 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
There is a huge difference between shouting you need a job and then actually wanting to work doing one.

There are people all over this country standing on street corners holding a sign that says "will work for food".

Stop and ask anyone of them to clean up a street or pull some weeds in exchange for food and watch what they tell you.
Which only reinforces my point. The 5% unemployment rate advertised by this administration is a sham! Most are likely minimum wage, part time, or a result of people who have fallen out of the work force and aren't counted any longer. Sure, 100K or more jobs are created each month, but who wants to work in any of them if they are fast food jobs or unskilled labor that pays low wages? Smoke and mirrors.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:05 PM

675 posts, read 724,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Black leaders and organizations don't get upset when blacks kill blacks because there is no notoriety or news worthiness in it.
How true ! The same goes for Baltimore's State Attorney and our governor.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:12 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
That was only 30 years ago!!
Yeah. I'm 53. It was a beautiful city - I'd love for it to remain that way. I really love that area.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:14 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,480 times
I'm Black and grew up in Flint, Michigan, the MOMENT I got some money I got the hell out of there. I now stay in a nice Suburb area called Clinton Township, MI which is excellent.

The fact of the matter is that most of the time if you have a majority BLACK area, the area is going to have poor schools, a poor economy, poor neighborhoods, single mothers everywhere, no fathers in the households, kids out of control, ghetto behavior, thugs, Tyqueshia, DeShawn, etc., etc.

Do yourself a favor, if you are a decent minded person with goals to be Middle Class and higher, get the HELL out of any area that's majority Black. You have been warned.

In terms of the current climate, it's all a Liberal Agenda and bias to attack "productive people" and turn this country into a Center Left pile of crap. Even as a Middle Class Black Man, I'm called Uncle Tom, Coon, Sell-out, etc. all because I LEFT THE GHETTO. I apparently "speak like I'm white" and I'm apparently "white-washed".

The reason they march when white people kill blacks is because it helps push a NARRATIVE. The narrative they are looking to push is that productive people (white people) are all bad and we (the ghetto people) have been oppressed by them, as a result, THEY should give US some (insert here whatever goody you can think of like free education, healthcare, money, housing, etc).

These people care NOTHING about a damn Trayvon Martin, Oscar Grant, Mike Brown, Sandra Bland, Freddie Gray, etc. They can care LESS about these people. They pick and choose cases to be "outraged" about to help PUSH their foundational change of America from a Center Right country to a Center Left one.

That's why you will NEVER see outrage over black on black crime, those cases don't fit the narrative they are trying to push.

It's similar to an Animal Rights group, they will only be outraged over cases that involve the beating or unjustly killing of an Animal.

Last edited by jotucker99; 08-01-2015 at 07:23 PM..

Old 08-01-2015, 07:24 PM

675 posts, read 724,127 times
Baltimore was really a good city especially to raise children in. Now look at it. I don't think people who live in Baltimore now know what raising children means; they just have children.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:48 PM

335 posts, read 325,223 times
I've seen several threads about the decline of what were once wonderful American cities. Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Newark, Camden etc. Here is the question. If you had to name the single common denominator that caused these cities decay, what would your answer be?

Old 08-01-2015, 07:52 PM

241 posts, read 221,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
I've seen several threads about the decline of what were once wonderful American cities. Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Newark, Camden etc. Here is the question. If you had to name the single common denominator that caused these cities decay, what would your answer be?
Chicago was never a wonderful city in terms of : safety, politics, race-relations, or public education.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Great job Baltimore. Black lives matter? What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ones who riot are also probaby the ones killing one another, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
Poverty.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:10 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,540,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Jesus. I keep asking this, but seriously, why in the world is this forum SO obessed with race?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????

Anyway, I'm sure most of these killings are drug-related. Move on much?
Probably because it's easier to lump an entire race together than to judge an individual.

It's also easier to spend time pointing the finger, ranting and raving "why o WHYYY won't the [blankety- blank] race act right". It acts as a disguise to the fact that there are probably three fingers pointing at them that they don't want to acknowledge or address.

This why o why bulls*it I constantly see in this section - "why does the black community steal/riot/murder" (I have no idea btw, I just take care of my home and get up and go to work everyday)

I equate these odd inquiries to me walking up to some random white person and demanding that they answer WHY O WHY JEFFREY DAHMER, THE OKLAHAMA CITY BOMBER, THE ROOF BOY, THE SHOOT 'EM UP IN THE MOVIE THEATER GUY, etc.....AND I WANT THE ANSWERS NAOOOOOOOO

idiots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events