Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 11:02 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,026,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
At 14 weeks old I would hope he does. A puppy is supposed to be crazy.

oh she is... trust me!!

but she is also well on her way to learning better behavior and manners than those 8 children have.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 11:02 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
The Lexus experiance is nice as well. They present you're car on a show room carousel under a diamond white sheet and present it to you by pulling the sheet off. It looks ridiculous under the showroom lights. They also provide a video to you of your reaction.
Good thing I'll never be able to buy a Lexus, 'cause that would annoy the crap out of me.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:11 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,136 times
Terrible parents and their bastards will become subjects of the DOC in the future. I'd have lost it like the associate, too, and I wish more stores would boot out parents and their unruly children. I have almost lost it a few times while shopping because some "parent" didn't want to do anything about their rugrat running amok inside of a grocery store.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:21 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Sorry, but I'm thinking the dollar store clerk doesn't get paid enough to make all nicey-nice with disruptive customers. I always get treated like gold by those folks because I am polite and say please and thank you. They've got a job that ranges from boring to soul-crushing - I'm not gonna make it worse for them.

You want high-class treatment while acting like a boor, go to some place like Nordstrom's. They're paid to be nice to jackholes there.

I agree, I will add guess who gets to clean up the mess these kids make? The clerk of course.

It amazes me today how people think because they feel they were "slighted" that they have to take to social media to tell everyone. Even the cops are doing this. " the mean girl at Starbucks didn't let me use the restroom"....go tell the manager or Starbucks corporate. Not act like a 15 year old girl who didn't get her way.

Put on your big boy/girl pants, in life you're going to end up feeling slighted.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:34 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
The stupid mom with the headband: "It was extremely unprofessional..."

Since when is being a clerk in a dollar store a "professional" job? Those poor people have to check, stock, face the aisles, clean the bathrooms, all kinds of grunt work, all while customers are in there shopping and needing to be checked out, and they get paid minimum wage for it. They have a hard job.

Granted, the poor clerk should not have screamed at them, but who can really, really blame her....those 8 kids were probably destroying all the facing of the merchandising that she had just done. Sadly, she will probably be fired.

"These two moms say they're taking their business, and their kids, elsewhere." LOL Just LOL. "Good riddance" is what I'd say if I were that store's manager.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:34 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,256,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Terrible parents and their bastards will become subjects of the DOC in the future.

Daughters of the Confederacy?

Old 11-18-2015, 11:39 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,903,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
As a clerk at a dollar store, I agree with you completely.

I do well with most types most times, but I have had a "crazy moment" every now and then (none quite to that level). One I will quickly tell you of--I was outside gathering up loose carts, right by the door, I was only taking maybe 10-odd seconds. A lady appeared at the counter, I motioned to her "yes, I'm coming" basically saying "let me gather this 2-3 carts up and I'll be RIGHT THERE" (in a nice way of speaking). She started going "EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME! YOU WILL COME HERE RIGHT NOW" to which I replied "I will make that decision, not you." The funny thing is, in the ensuing transaction she didn't make an issue of it, she just frowned her way through the ensuing transaction and went on her way. Customers behind her were going "wow she was rude" and I replied "guess she forgot to take her Mydol pill."

I say that to say this.

We are called to tolerate a lot of stuff, let it go, shake it off, bite your lip, you can always gab about it later (or when customers behind such people make comments, you can agree with them and let that be your "venting"). For the most part, I agree. HOWEVER, after awhile, and with more extreme things, I think there is a time where it's appropriate to say something and respond to it. This whole thing of tolerating everything all the time and saying nothing is ridiculous.
This is so true. And true in any customer service position. In my long employeed life I have worked in restaurants, hotel front desk and now, retail and that's how it's been in ALL those jobs. We are not allowed to have a "bad day" and if we are we better not show it. I have to say that the vast majority of my customers are really nice people. The 'bad apples' I can live with. They are only going to be at my register for a few minutes and gone.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:45 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,189,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Daughters of the Confederacy?
Department of Corrections

Old 11-18-2015, 12:07 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,256,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Department of Corrections

Ha!

OK, thanks. I guess it shows my lack of contact with the justice system.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:26 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,734,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The two mamas are acting all innocent and victimized right now, but I'm not buying their phony act.

I support having a one-child limit per customer, per store. A special permit should be needed for two children, gained only by meeting with each store manager in advance. More than three is an absolute no-no. Hire a babysitter or make a pact with a friend or family member. Be responsible rather than demand more tolerance from the rest of us,,,including store clerks.
this is the craziest thing i've read today....i have 4 kids ages 13 (twins) to 21...i have stayed home with them from the beginning. going shopping wasn't always fun and games for me but my kids behaved and when they didn't we left the store. seriously, you support some crazy scheme of only being able to take in 1 kid per parent??? i'm just going to stop right here now because your belief is totally insane and not worth more of my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events