Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 02:35 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
OK so mass vasectomies are the answer, got it.
Hate men much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 02:51 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Hate men much?
She doesn't necessarily hate men. From a biological standpoint, a woman can only produce one offspring per nine month period ( barring twins, etc.) whereas a man, given multiple partners can produce many, many children.

Old 11-22-2015, 02:54 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
I am amazed so many people are jumping in to say the 3 year olds are psychopaths. There is too little information to make that determination. Many poor families use the oven to heat the house--maybe they thought the baby was cold and were trying to warm him/her up. Comparing them to your own 3 year olds might be inaccurate and unfair. If these children have been neglected (and they likely were, given what happened) they are probably not 3 years old from a developmental perspective. They may be functioning like 1 or 2 year olds for all we know.
The mother clearly makes horrible decisions but to condemn toddlers as 'monsters' with only a handful of facts is very dangerous.
There was this kid that my son plays with that has kind of scared me a little bit even from when he was 2. He seems nice enough and he comes from a very wonderful family, but sometimes when he thinks no one is looking, he gets a very evil smile look on his face. This usually precedes some form of destruction which his mother just blows off. But if you saw the look I am talking about, you would have nightmares from it. I don't like my son to play with him.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:21 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,078,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This article is incredibly poorly written. It's as if news organizations no longer have proofreaders or editors.
I've been noting the same thing lately, poor spelling & grammar, improper use of words (like the writer doesn't know the definition. And on the TV news, similar issues, and the announcers don't know how to pronounce common words correctly.

I thought that being a 'Journalist' required knowledge and proper use of English? Do they not give a flying flag anymore?

Old 11-22-2015, 03:41 PM

575 posts, read 616,059 times
Quote:
Mom of the week is 7 months pregnant with her current boyfriend. Sad.

This article is incredibly poorly written. It's as if news organizations no longer have proofreaders or editors.
They don't. No money since news is free now.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:43 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
You mean as they saw the baby scream with pain and trying to kick her way out (per their own words) and getting all bloody and covered with blisters they thought she was only getting warmed up ?

Nice try.

They are monsters, and they will grow into monsters.
If you can cite a reputable source where this is documented, I would be interested in seeing this.
I have not come across this version of events.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:22 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I remember the drugged-out babysitter version from when I was a teenager in the 70s.
Yup. It carried the gross-out factor back then. I believe that one was printed in the National Enquirer, which was nothing more than a fake newspaper with fake stories. I distinctly remember reading the article about the evolution of trees and how they would soon be able to pull themselves out of the ground, walk around on their roots and be trained to pump our gasoline. Sheesh, the stuff people believe!

Oh, do you remember National Enquirer's green alien story? It turns out the editors shaved a monkey, spray painted him green and handcuffed him to some fake FBI men. Or how about the one where the little girl kicked a brown paper bag...and a human head popped out of it? That one scared the daylights out of me for a long time.

Old 11-22-2015, 04:26 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Yup. It carried the gross-out factor back then. I believe that one was printed in the National Enquirer, which was nothing more than a fake newspaper with fake stories. I distinctly remember reading the article about the evolution of trees and how they would soon be able to pull themselves out of the ground, walk around on their roots and be trained to pump our gasoline. Sheesh, the stuff people believe!

Oh, do you remember National Enquirer's green alien story? It turns out the editors shaved a monkey, spray painted him green and handcuffed him to some fake FBI men. Or how about the one where the little girl kicked a brown paper bag...and a human head popped out of it? That one scared the daylights out of me for a long time.
Why do you insist on threadjacking? Start your own thread about random crap.

Old 11-22-2015, 05:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,472,094 times
Quote:
Why do you insist on threadjacking? Start your own thread about random crap.

WTH? "Threadjacking"?! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2015, 07:42 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,260,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Threads like this ruin my whole day.
I can't even bear to read the article.

Please excuse me while I go find a place to be sick

Incomprehensible pain...and anger at the STUPID EFFING parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events