Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2015, 08:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A 3 year old has no concept of death.
After seeing this story I was wondering why this has not happened more? I was a kid. I did stupid things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2015, 08:41 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
It's the Daily Mail. Bah. They are the same as American tabloids. I've been been hearing this story for decades, so I won't believe it unless a major news reports on it.

This "baby cooked in the oven" story has been circulating since the 1960s. The details change a bit, but it's always a baby that gets roasted in the oven by somebody (crazy mom, drugged out babysitter, etc).

Old 11-22-2015, 08:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I hope the remaining kids are taken away and never see their parents again. As for the so called parents, I hope these sh!tstains spend the rest of their life in jail and end up hanging themselves.
Mom has yet to be charged.

No one seems to know who the bio father of the toddler is.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:48 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
3 year olds are not off the hook for this. They are sociopaths, even at this young age. A 3 year old understands heat and what it does. A 3 year old sees cooked hot food coming out of the oven on a daily basis. A 3 year old sees how the thing works. Food in oven, turn it on, burned stuff comes out. These 3 year olds come from mentally ill substandard parents, and should be presumed to have inherited some of their madness. These 3 year olds are not off the hook for this. They need to be admitted to a facility and subject to psychiatric treatment, as they are not well and likely to become very twisted adults without some kind of correction.
No, a three year old does not understand any of this.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:28 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I disagree. While 3 year olds are obviously not able to fathom concepts such as good and evil in the abstract, they are already able to distinguish and refrain from impulses like torture of other living things. To place something in an oven and turn it on is not a random act. We are dealing with mental illness here, probably created and/or exacerbated by terrible neglectful parenting. These kids should now be considered potentially dangerous, and should receive intensive psychiatric intervention before we have to incarcerate or euthanize them later in life.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:33 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's the Daily Mail. Bah. They are the same as American tabloids. I've been been hearing this story for decades, so I won't believe it unless a major news reports on it.

This "baby cooked in the oven" story has been circulating since the 1960s. The details change a bit, but it's always a baby that gets roasted in the oven by somebody (crazy mom, drugged out babysitter, etc).

What a ridiculous comment. Clearly they made it all up.

Father of siblings of toddler burned to death tries to find his children. | abc13.com

http://m.click2houston.com/news/gran...lings/36570328

http://milwaukee.suntimes.com/mil-ne...ven-turn-it-on

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/...icle-1.2439634

Old 11-22-2015, 09:35 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post

Don't be lazy. There are links to the story within the AP article that the OP posted.

This little baby was cooked in the oven whether you want to believe it or not. Why do you bother posting if you refuse to read the thread or article?

Old 11-22-2015, 09:38 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
I disagree. While 3 year olds are obviously not able to fathom concepts such as good and evil in the abstract, they are already able to distinguish and refrain from impulses like torture of other living things. To place something in an oven and turn it on is not a random act. We are dealing with mental illness here, probably created and/or exacerbated by terrible neglectful parenting. These kids should now be considered potentially dangerous, and should receive intensive psychiatric intervention before we have to incarcerate or euthanize them later in life.
I asked my three year old if it'd be a good idea to put someone in an oven (we were reading Hansel and Gretel) and his eyes grew wide and he said, "NO! It's TOO HOT!"

Old 11-22-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I don't know what kind of 3 year olds you hang out with, but mine told me the other day that he had a hypothesis.

I was like, "You have a WHAT?"
He repeated himself.
I said, "This I gotta hear."

"Everything that tastes good is bad for you."

Three year olds are not capable of a lot of things, but they are not little morons.

Old 11-22-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
3 year olds are not off the hook for this. They are sociopaths, even at this young age. A 3 year old understands heat and what it does. A 3 year old sees cooked hot food coming out of the oven on a daily basis. A 3 year old sees how the thing works. Food in oven, turn it on, burned stuff comes out. These 3 year olds come from mentally ill substandard parents, and should be presumed to have inherited some of their madness. These 3 year olds are not off the hook for this. They need to be admitted to a facility and subject to psychiatric treatment, as they are not well and likely to become very twisted adults without some kind of correction.
I agree wholeheartedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events