Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2015, 11:47 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Most people in THIS country do and majority rules. I'm sick of this "we must not ever offend anybody of another culture" PC BS. Its been said many times, many ways....MERRY CHRISTMAS ! And if you don't like it, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Celebrate your own tradition, don't force it down the throats of others. PUBLIC school - if you want something else, choose a private school that matches your beliefs.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:47 AM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
It is no wonder we as a society are devolving, when we allow one or two malcontents to ruin it for everyone else.
I'd bet most Jewish parents would be mortified at the thought a fellow Jew would complain to cause such a thing to happen. This PC crap needs to end.
It would be like a Christian in Israel complaining about some Hanukkah tradition everyone did.

`
Not exactly..Israel is not a secular state, in the US we have separation of state and religion. Somebody who doesn't want their children to be forced into observances of a religious tradition not there own in a public school isn't some unreasonable malcontent. Most Americans would be malcontents in that scenario. And many if not most aspects of society are actually significantly better than they were a few decades ago...social justice is much, much, much, much more widespread, violent crime is way down, there are no wars in our recent past which claimed tens of thousands, in a couple cases hundreds of thousands, of American lives as World War1, World War 2, Korea, and Vietnam each did over a relatively short stretch of just under sixty years between 1917 and 1975, tech is much, much better,world hunger has been dramatically reduced and global access to education and information greatly increased...we aren't devolving, quite the opposite actually. Don't give in to the pessimist doomsday view. I actually expect great things out of the rising generation. And religion is a private matter...the public schools should never become a vehicle for forcing it on otherseven in the case of the majority religion

Old 12-21-2015, 11:50 AM

1,069 posts, read 711,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Santa = Christmas = Christianity. Any attempt to claim otherwise is ignorant. If the choice is for non-Christian students to participate in a religious-based tradition or voluntarily exclude themselves, that's discrimination.
If it was a field trip to study the nativity scene, wise men, and discuss the impact that Jesus had, you may have a better argument....this is Santa....nobody forced the child to attend....but to the entitled mindset, it's all about them....your feelings are more important than anyone else's. If you are unhappy about something, then everyone else should be unhappy and suffer as well....I feel ya em

Old 12-21-2015, 11:51 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,093 times
Quote:
Celebrate your own tradition, don't force it down the throats of others. PUBLIC school - if you want something else, choose a private school that matches your beliefs.
Actually being that this IS America and we are essentially a Christian country, I would say that Christmas IS our tradition so...

If other cultures (who are the ones who come HERE out of choice let us not forget) don't like Americans doing what Americans do, they are free to move to another country (likely the one they left in the first place and not have our traditions shoved down their throats.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:57 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,907 times
No wonder kids think adults are unfair. These are 5 & 6 year olds just wanting to see Santa, its not about religion at that age. They want presents, not to be preached at or be PC. I wish my kids school had done this, would have saved me 2 or 3 hours in line. A big ado about nothing imo.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:12 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Actually being that this IS America and we are essentially a Christian country, I would say that Christmas IS our tradition so...

If other cultures (who are the ones who come HERE out of choice let us not forget) don't like Americans doing what Americans do, they are free to move to another country (likely the one they left in the first place and not have our traditions shoved down their throats.
Seriously??? So Jews and other non-Christians BORN IN THIS COUNTRY are supposed to move just so you can violate the Constitution by imposing Christianity on everyone. I think you are the one who should be moving, I'm sure you can find a nice theocracy somewhere that fits your needs but the US is not one and was founded specifically not to be one.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Seriously??? So Jews and other non-Christians BORN IN THIS COUNTRY are supposed to move just so you can violate the Constitution by imposing Christianity on everyone. I think you are the one who should be moving, I'm sure you can find a nice theocracy somewhere that fits your needs but the US is not one and was founded specifically not to be one.
Check your history books....this country was founded on CHRISTIAN beliefs. You have an issue with our currency too? I mean we are offending the atheists and agnostics who were BORN here with "In God We Trust". It's Santa, liten up

Old 12-21-2015, 12:39 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
If it was a field trip to study the nativity scene, wise men, and discuss the impact that Jesus had, you may have a better argument....this is Santa....nobody forced the child to attend....but to the entitled mindset, it's all about them....your feelings are more important than anyone else's. If you are unhappy about something, then everyone else should be unhappy and suffer as well....I feel ya em
Funny though, each year when one of our teams scheduled their annual field trip to the Holocaust Museum -- directly related to the school curriculum -- we always had some Christian parents who complained about the trip because, "Our family is not Jewish".

Old 12-21-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Funny though, each year when one of our teams scheduled their annual field trip to the Holocaust Museum -- directly related to the school curriculum -- we always had some Christian parents who complained about the trip because, "Our family is not Jewish".
Was the trip cancelled because of that? Did you force the kids who's parents had an issue to go?

Old 12-21-2015, 01:22 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,093 times
Quote:
If they don't like our traditions YEP ! They ARE !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events