Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 05:53 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure how this can even be enforced. Who's going to physically force them to create this key? Who's to say they even know how to do it.

I'm shocked how many small government, conservatives think this is a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 05:56 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I get it, but you dont..Apple is simply obstructing justice.
You don't get it in the least bit

Old 02-17-2016, 05:56 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
I get it, but you dont..Apple is simply obstructing justice. And the Feds should make it painful, like they would to an ordinary citizen.
I dont care if the apple product is able to be hacked, as it can regardless of what Apple says.. Lets not be naive.
Obstructing justice? They currently do not have the ability to do this. And if they agreed to creating a hack, they would be setting a precedent that could be used down the line, for God knows what. They're wise to avoid that.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I'm not sure how this can even be enforced. Who's going to physically force them to create this key? Who's to say they even know how to do it.

I think some haven't read the article.....or even the thread....while others don't understand the danger of setting a precedent.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:58 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Quote:

Its not about small government, its about obstructing justice. We, the USA, need to know who the hell this persons phone was in contact with. Follow the evidence. Get over the security of the iphone customer, that is just BS>
The NSA, CIA, FBI etc are here to do a job, and some liberal minded people cant see why this has nothing to do with unlocking phone, personal security etc. Its about tracking down a terrorist organization with the encrypted data right in front of their face, and some smug CEO says no, to get points with his customers.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Obstructing justice? They currently do not have the ability to do this. And if they agreed to creating a hack, they would be setting a precedent that could be used down the line, for God knows what. They're wise to avoid that.
Think outside the box, and think what is more important.. Your life or someone like the feds being able to see whats on your phone. And dont think they dont already.. NSA, CIA, FBI etc and hackers know allot more about you than you think.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:01 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,335,424 times
Quote:
Its not about small government, its about obstructing justice. We, the USA, need to know who the hell this persons phone was in contact with. Follow the evidence. Get over the security of the iphone customer, that is just BS>
The NSA, CIA, FBI etc are here to do a job, and some liberal minded people cant see why this has nothing to do with unlocking phone, personal security etc. Its about tracking down a terrorist organization with the encrypted data right in front of their face, and some smug CEO says no, to get points with his customers.
I give up, it's pointless to respond to people who ignore the actual FACTS of the situation.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I give up, it's pointless to respond to people who ignore the actual FACTS of the situation.
Noted, you go ahead and ignore too. Conversations some times digress, and all parts of the conversation are relevant.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Think outside the box, and think what is more important.. Your life or someone like the feds being able to see whats on your phone. And dont think they dont already.. NSA, CIA, FBI etc and hackers know allot more about you than you think.
Yes, they do know a lot more than any of us thinks, because over the past fifteen years we've had our civil liberties slowly eroded.

They know where terrorist cells are here and have done nothing about them. They know where there are training camps here and have done nothing about those. They do not need to do what they're doing and it's not the responsibility of a corporation to try and help any government agency usurp the rights of its citizens.

The FBI and CIA have so much technology it's frightening. I doubt they need the help of some tech head working on phones.

Personally, I think this is a tactic meant to set a precedent for the future.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:15 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
I'd bet you're one of those that have the privacy view of "if you haven't done anything wrong you have no reason to object to being searched/monitored".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events