Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 05:21 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,515,583 times

Advertisements

In an earlier administration, when USA was exporting chicken to China, A capitalist American couldn't even buy chicken feet even with gold. Now chicken feet is so plentiful its ground up for "real chicken parts"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 07:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
It's not just illegals, A lady who worked in a call center in Nevada told me that they had to press a button before they took a potty break and if they were gone longer than 5 minutes they would either be counseled or disciplined. She said that if you were longer than 5 minutes they made the assumption that you were sneaking a smoke and they would insist on smelling your breath. All for $9 an hour. I wasn't quite sure I believed her until I read this about the same thing happening to California DMV call center workers. The State Worker: DMV

Old 05-13-2016, 10:36 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's not just illegals, A lady who worked in a call center in Nevada told me that they had to press a button before they took a potty break and if they were gone longer than 5 minutes they would either be counseled or disciplined. She said that if you were longer than 5 minutes they made the assumption that you were sneaking a smoke and they would insist on smelling your breath. All for $9 an hour. I wasn't quite sure I believed her until I read this about the same thing happening to California DMV call center workers. The State Worker: DMV
Yeah, probably some state requirement that call-center be staffed by US employees.

Otherwise, they'd just be paying $4/hour to someone in India or Poland etc.

GE, you know...lead by CEO Jeff Immelt...Obama's "jobs czar" is pretty much the off-shoring poster boy. I worked for them for a while....they shipped every job they could to India and now China while keeping profits off-shore.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:42 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
I'm still going to be eating chicken tonight.
Aww good for you!

As for me, ever since this story broke, we've decided to cut our meat intake and go local. What a disgusting, vile way to treat human beings.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:44 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And thats what happens when these companies are allowed to employee illegal workers.

My town has had a Perdue/Typson plant for decades and I have had some family members work there. The plant treats their employees like kindergartners and they only get two mandated 15 minutes breaks and a lunch break in which they can go to the bathroom. If it is an emergency they have to raise their hand and get permission from their lead person which is frowned upon but it isnt as bad as that article states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Merely a bi-product of the USA having millions and millions of illegal aliens.

Combine that with the government being willing to turn a blind eye to things because they're angling for the votes from that demographic and of course the fat corporate campaign contributions.

Want to know why the blue collar sector has had such brutal wage stagnation?

Supply and Demand quite simply. However, you can find some people delusional enough (and politically motivated) to claim that millions of cheap laborers don't lower worker wages in the US.
Right. Its the fault of illegal aliens not the people who employ them. GMAFB

Old 05-13-2016, 10:51 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
So they get two 15 minute breaks plus a lunch break. That's about one break every 2 hours. If you're peeing more than that you should see a doctor. Another alternative is to wear one of those urinary catheters with the leg bag.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:32 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
In an earlier administration, when USA was exporting chicken to China, A capitalist American couldn't even buy chicken feet even with gold. Now chicken feet is so plentiful its ground up for "real chicken parts"
As the brother of a former USDA inspector, Pennsylvania Ag Dept administrator, and licensed veterinarian, I can verify that this gutter-hype simply is not true; disposal of feet, heads and similar unusable (non-) byproducts is a growing problem.

Do our sheltered suburbanites want to revert to a chicken coop and chopping block in the back yard?

Perhaps the individuals spouting the innuendo that characterizes this thread need a bit closer investigation.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:45 AM

13,073 posts, read 7,515,583 times
^USA needs to develop a taste for heads and feet.

Old 05-14-2016, 10:51 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwdavid View Post
"When you buy your chicken in the supermarket, or eat it at KFC, the label will be missing some critical information about the people who helped make your meal possible. It won’t say, for example, that the workers who processed that chicken might have been wearing diapers at the time. The label might let you know the chicken is organic, or free-range, or free of antibiotics—but not that the workers who handled, cut, and packaged that chicken were compelled to soil themselves in order to keep their jobs."

Big Poultry workers are literally peeing their pants so that Americans can have cheap chicken
That's against state law. Every state has labor laws that mandate a minimum of 10-minute breaks for every 4-hr. block of time worked.

And yeah, those industries used to hire US citizens. Oh well. Just part of industry's drive nation-wide to turn US workers into impoverished service-workers, welfare drains, and homeless. And your Congressional representatives are allowing it all. Ain't it wunnerful, folks?

Old 05-14-2016, 10:52 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,789,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhwdavid View Post
"When you buy your chicken in the supermarket, or eat it at KFC, the label will be missing some critical information about the people who helped make your meal possible. It won’t say, for example, that the workers who processed that chicken might have been wearing diapers at the time. The label might let you know the chicken is organic, or free-range, or free of antibiotics—but not that the workers who handled, cut, and packaged that chicken were compelled to soil themselves in order to keep their jobs."

Big Poultry workers are literally peeing their pants so that Americans can have cheap chicken
I remember a article that had one worker who said "I was told you can go to the bathroom when you want, make sure it's only once a day though" I almost got a job at the IBP (Iowa Beef Products) Plant in Washington IA, but they got picky on an old head injury, got a job elsewhere and 1 years later they were raided for hiring illegals.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events