Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 11:20 AM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
She looked beautiful and it was the perfect dress for her body type. It has that southern charm of yesteryear look. Quite possibly she had taken any precaution that her breast would slip out since that is easily done.

I have seen boobs and butt cheeks hanging out when the kids walk on their way home from school.
Girls dressing inappropriately on the way home from school makes it all right to dress inappropriately for prom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 11:29 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Yeah but at least she can use the bathroom of her choosing.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:34 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Suzy, you and I usually agree about things here at C-D, but we disagree on this topic. As photographed, I think the dress is just fine. In fact, I think she looks absolutely gorgeous.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:56 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think the dress is beautiful, and the young woman looks lovely in it.
me too .go girl and ignore the fake modesty crew.. remember Hartford Valley PTA.. hahaha

Old 05-21-2016, 01:01 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
IMHO, it wasn't particularly revealing- she just has breasts.

I have run up against this one myself. It's 110 degrees outside and the ladies that are small-chested can wear whatever they want, but a hint of cleavage will get you sent home according to corporate dress code.

I used to buy minimizer bras (these essentially strap your breasts down like duct tape. Not real comfy) because I didn't want to wear a burka or a turtleneck to work in the Vegas summers.

Apparently other girls wore backless dresses and thigh high slit dresses to this prom. The dress she wore does not look particularly "revealing" to me. She just has boobs.

Your thoughts?

This Girl Was Kicked Out of Her Prom Because of This "Revealing" Dress
It doesn't seem like any big deal to me.

Yes, I understand there will be some minimum standards. But this doesn't seem egregious.

Quote:
Last Friday, Amy "spent time looking for the perfect dress, got her hair done and was meticulous in putting her makeup on," Tiffani Taylor, a friend of Amy's, wrote on her Facebook page. But despite looking "like a princess," she was turned away from the school dance because her dress - an off-the-shoulder embellished tulle gown - was deemed "too revealing."
I just went to our local prom's grand march a couple of weeks ago. There were some off-the-shoulder dresses. Look, I know that 'sexy' makes people uncomfortable. But like it or not, human beings are sexual creatures. And 17 and 18 years olds, even if they're not sexually active, are typically going to project a certain sexuality. That's normal. That may make some parents uncomfortable, and I do understand that. But it's still a reality.

Ultimately, it's a judgment call, and different people will draw lines in different places. But I really don't see this as being something that warrants sending the girl home and thereby ending her prom experience.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:33 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
I have seen way worse...but I also have a large chest and my parents wouldn't have let me leave the house with all that cleavage showing.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:56 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I have seen way worse...but I also have a large chest and my parents wouldn't have let me leave the house with all that cleavage showing.
I never had that much cleavage to show..

Old 05-21-2016, 02:26 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
Probably not the best choice for high school. She could have just worn a pashmina or something similar. That fabric dip in the middle is the issue.

When I was in school is was all about the short skirts. That's what administration griped about then. Now it's boobage.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:35 PM

510 posts, read 716,794 times
I agree that it's too much for the prom. Maybe there is a way that a standard can be set across the board for girls of all sizes.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:36 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I think the dress is beautiful, and the young woman looks lovely in it.
She does....but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Not the most revealing dress, not the most flattering for her, imo,, and definitely not appropriate for a senior prom. I always wonder what the parents are thinking when they allow their daughters to wear inappropriate clothing to a formal occasion, unless the mothers are wishing they could wear something like that.
I just do not think it is appropriate for a senior prom, nor for a 17/18 year old. I do think it is flattering on her, I just do not think it is appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events