Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 06:55 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
Thank goodness laws don't reside on "basically the same thing". Exposing your underwear is NOT public nudity.
don't think majority of americans agree with you. the majority of americans get to decide issues like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 07:04 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,590,352 times
Can they also ban skinny jeans on "men". Women wear glued on pants not men.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:05 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
don't think majority of americans agree with you. the majority of americans get to decide issues like this.
No the majority can kiss my azz. THAT'S the beauty of America, we don't accept majority edict. The meaning of America is protection of individual rights against the tyranny of the majority. That's why we're different, and better, than the rest of the world. The majority be damned.

Nudity is nakedness and skin. Underwear is cotton and is clothing and covers nudity. That is logic and reality. If you don't like that, don't show your underwear, dress how you like, and look in another direction if you see a fashion that disagrees with you. That is the limit of your power and the power of the majority. You may look away, you may not change others.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Can they also ban skinny jeans on "men". Women wear glued on pants not men.
All may dress as they see fit, even if it's a tight fit. Your option is not to ban or control, but to decide what you will wear.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:37 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
What if public masturbation is a person's "freedom of expression?" And they like to "express" their freedom in front of a middle school? What if I want to express myself by chopping up beef naked in front of town hall? The "freedom of expression" argument has to have limits. We choose those limits on a local, state, and national level by enacting ordinances and laws.

Where does one draw the line between freedom of expression and indecency? In this town, showing your underwear in public is not freedom of expression, it's a public nuisance, and therefore, as voted on by the leaders of this town, an offence worthy of a fine.

If the townspeople don't want to be fined for their showing of underwear, they certainly have the power to elect other more like minded officials. But, until then, you either pull up your pants or lose your hard earned cash. They can always choose to live in a more liberal environment as well.
Showing a little underwear that still hides all body parts is just a tad different than "public masturbation...in front of a middle school" or "chopping up beef naked in front of town hall".

While I personally don't like the saggy pants look, I'm much more offended by White plumbers who show the Grand Canyon of butt crack when they bend over, or White women who show the Grand Canyon of cleavage while shopping at Wal Mart. And if we're honest about it, it's the race of the people that often wear saggy pants that's the real issue, not the style. After all walking past a middle school in an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini isn't illegal.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
That's urban legend bs. The true origin is really much simpler and has to do with gravity. Baggy styles came into vogue, and baggy clothes tens to sag, which created a look.

Old people hate the look, because old people hate being old. Legislatures are mostly busybody old people, and there again, gravity, and we have stupid laws being passed.
I'm old...and white...and it doesn't bother me.

Along with this thread and others, you seem to have a lot against old people. Stand up for your beliefs...don't accept them as clients in your real estate business.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
What is your evidence that the majority of Americans want to legislate how guys wear their pants?

Old 07-13-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm old...and white...and it doesn't bother me.

Along with this thread and others, you seem to have a lot against old people. Stand up for your beliefs...don't accept them as clients in your real estate business.

Already taken care of, I don't. If an older person is friendly, youthful, humorous, vital, vibrant, and fun, like a young person, and like me, I will accept them as a client. If they are old and cranky and irrational and crotchety and bitter and whiny and disconnected from reality, then, no, they don't get to work with me. I am quite particular in that regard.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:02 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Showing a little underwear that still hides all body parts is just a tad different than "public masturbation...in front of a middle school" or "chopping up beef naked in front of town hall".

While I personally don't like the saggy pants look, I'm much more offended by White plumbers who show the Grand Canyon of butt crack when they bend over, or White women who show the Grand Canyon of cleavage while shopping at Wal Mart. And if we're honest about it, it's the race of the people that often wear saggy pants that's the real issue, not the style. After all walking past a middle school in an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini isn't illegal.
I see you are color obsessed. No black plumbers or black girls showing cleavage???

Old 07-13-2016, 03:50 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:

I would imagine, that if I were to read the ordinance, it doesn't have any written language about the color of one's skin. I haven't read it, so I'm assuming of course, since it is written in a city/town in our great country where the color of your skin isn't a consideration when writing laws (unless it's to protect a certain race).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events