Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 07:04 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,477,592 times

Advertisements

How did that drunk ever get on that plane? He had to pass through tons of security, staff and a ticket agent. This is not acceptable.

Who's flying the plane while the pilot is forced to play cop and jailer? Maybe that was actually the co-pilot doing the takedown? Either way, it gives me chills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 07:19 AM

3,314 posts, read 2,217,319 times
Looks like an alcoholic.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:39 AM

935 posts, read 1,649,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Pilots need Tasers.
At least the defender can act without fear of a boxcutter or such and do his thing aggressively.

and I s'pose there were no agents on this flight ?

Old 08-03-2016, 07:48 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
At least the defender can act without fear of a boxcutter or such and do his thing aggressively.

and I s'pose there were no agents on this flight ?
That's not true at all. It's unbelievable what gets by TSA.

They are too busy confiscating my can of soup.

This passenger was such an idiot. Never a shortage of those.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:01 AM

8,696 posts, read 11,086,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uicgrad View Post
ABC National Evening News said that the passenger had been served three glasses of Jack Daniels on that flight.
most people don't get drunk on 3 shots of JD. Dude is just a bit crazy

Old 08-03-2016, 08:46 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,460,871 times
Its a media attempt to encourage the Airline Industries to Beef up their right to ...defend themselves.
Once this "defend" our staff comes thru , you, the passenger, are in essence a sitting duck.

I tend to question where your arm ends and my rights are interceded.

Labeling the person is not the same as adjusting and confronting the "behavior".

The passenger was belligerent and upon landing, security could have handled it.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:48 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,225,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uicgrad View Post
ABC National Evening News said that the passenger had been served three glasses of Jack Daniels on that flight.
I think serving drinks should be discontinued period.

But this guy was a danger to everyone Pathetic!.

Imagine if this had happened during the flight before they landed, if that pilot had been injured everyone's safety would have been at risk.

In this day an age people need to sit in their seats and be good passengers....no one should be acting up period.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:22 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Its a media attempt to encourage the Airline Industries to Beef up their right to ...defend themselves.
Once this "defend" our staff comes thru , you, the passenger, are in essence a sitting duck.

Labeling the person is not the same as adjusting and confronting the "behavior".

And how many passengers/crew members could have been assaulted and hurt before security boarded the plane and 'handled it'? The captain (and crew) are in charge of the aircraft, and everyone on board is subject to their authority in the air or on the ground. It's for the safety of everyone, and anyone who causes a disturbance should be dealt with immediately. The pilot did the right thing in 'adjusting' this jerks behavior. If you're concerned about his rights, then what about the crew and other passengers rights to a safe and peaceful flight. There's no excuse for causing a disturbance on an aircraft, unless you are mentally ill.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:26 AM

922 posts, read 1,112,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
most people don't get drunk on 3 shots of JD. Dude is just a bit crazy

Pretty hard to believe that this guy was that drunk on 3 shots of JD. Most likely he sat in a lounge getting wasted before the flight boarded and was able to compose himself enough to get on the plane. I'm impressed that the pilot stepped in like that! He looks like he must work out

Old 08-03-2016, 10:00 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,083,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post

What, so you think they should have let him run rampant through the aircraft, doing whatever he pleases, until they hit the ground?

I think not. The pilot is responsible for the safety of the craft, and that of the passengers. A liberal application of zip ties and duct tape was called for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I think serving drinks should be discontinued period.
So, 149 other reasonable people on the plane should be denied the ability to relax with a cocktail, because one asshat caused a problem?

That is in no way fair or reasonable. You punish the one who caused the problem, not the 149 who did nothing wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events