Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 06:39 AM

19,643 posts, read 12,235,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
^^^
Honestly, this is the way to go, why/when did consuming spirits & flying become synonymous in the first place? Take liquor off the planes & out of airport lounges.

Really, I enjoyed an in-flight cocktail, but never had more than one, & it was during the golden age of flying, before airline traffic became more like the Grayhound bus.

While I don't agree that alcohol should be banned, the way air travel is now it is kind of like serving booze at Walmart and locking the door.

Business travelers would lose their minds if they couldn't drink in the airport lounge. And they should not have to be deprived of that because of some greasy loser who doesn't know his limit.

I would like to see some stricter rules for passengers. The pilot should not have to be a security guard, he needs to be rested, relaxed and concerned with flying the plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 06:44 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
The airlines need to stop serving alcohol on all flights. There are enough idiots in the world as it is with getting them drunk and sticking them in an airplane. Seriously, can people not go a few hours without a drink?

Old 08-04-2016, 07:30 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,392,512 times
I remember the good old days when air travel was a big event that was done in Sunday clothes with tact and decorum by all. As a child, I looked forward to those plastic silver wings and to brief cockpit peek ins prior to flight.

Now, air travel seems to have been transformed into "Down town Bus Terminal", "Bourbon Street Mardi Gras" or worse.... "Prison Visitation Shuttle".

Old 08-04-2016, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
I remember the good old days when air travel was a big event that was done in Sunday clothes with tact and decorum by all. As a child, I looked forward to those plastic silver wings and to brief cockpit peek ins prior to flight.

Now, air travel seems to have been transformed into "Down town Bus Terminal", "Bourbon Street Mardi Gras" or worse.... "Prison Visitation Shuttle".
Oh but, progress. Must not oppress people, so dumb down air travel to make it available to the unwashed masses.

Unfortunately this stuff happens in first class now as well.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:01 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,376,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Thank you for asking such a question. the REALITY is: the plane was parked- (thus security being allowed to be called.)

No one was in danger other then the persons who chose to escalate this. ergo the : Intoxicated passenger and the pilot.

what I am concerned about was disregarded. So it goes.
1. I know the plane was parked, and it doesn't make any difference. There was still a lot of people packed into a small place when this drunk threw a tantrum. He needed to be taken down/restrained as soon as he started his little tirade. You seem to think that security people would have been on the scene within seconds of being called. More likely a matter of several minutes, and people/passengers could have been hurt before that happened.

2. You, nor I, have no way to know that. Once someone starts out of control behavior, one must assume that behavior will only escalate. Would be unwise not to.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:29 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,803,640 times
Good job by the pilot.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:10 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Pilot: "Only I can put my hands on my flight attendant!"
LMAO

The drunk passenger really hit a nerve with that one didn't he.

Beautifully done by the pilot. Half nelson and all

Old 08-05-2016, 02:30 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,392,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Oh but, progress. Must not oppress people, so dumb down air travel to make it available to the unwashed masses.

Unfortunately this stuff happens in first class now as well.

I shudder to think what Cruise Ships look like now. Maybe a cross between "Soccer hooligan Brawl", "Spring Break" and "Mardi Gras?

Old 08-05-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
I shudder to think what Cruise Ships look like now. Maybe a cross between "Soccer hooligan Brawl", "Spring Break" and "Mardi Gras?
Also a petri dish of Norovirus, MRSA and any number of disgusting bacteria to sicken people. If a zombie virus ever comes into being it will start on a cruise ship.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Also a petri dish of Norovirus, MRSA and any number of disgusting bacteria to sicken people. If a zombie virus ever comes into being it will start on a cruise ship.
When I was on a cruise, they made each person get their hands sprayed with sanitizer on the way into the buffet. The cute lady who was charged with doing that used to say " washy washy, happy happy".

Basic hand sanitization is no joke. Wash your hands often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events