Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 01:59 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,444,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
And how many passengers/crew members could have been assaulted and hurt before security boarded the plane and 'handled it'? The captain (and crew) are in charge of the aircraft, and everyone on board is subject to their authority in the air or on the ground. It's for the safety of everyone, and anyone who causes a disturbance should be dealt with immediately. The pilot did the right thing in 'adjusting' this jerks behavior. If you're concerned about his rights, then what about the crew and other passengers rights to a safe and peaceful flight. There's no excuse for causing a disturbance on an aircraft, unless you are mentally ill.
Thank you for asking such a question. the REALITY is: the plane was parked- (thus security being allowed to be called.)

No one was in danger other then the persons who chose to escalate this. ergo the : Intoxicated passenger and the pilot.

what I am concerned about was disregarded. So it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 02:02 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,444,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
What, so you think they should have let him run rampant through the aircraft, doing whatever he pleases, until they hit the ground?

I think not. The pilot is responsible for the safety of the craft, and that of the passengers. A liberal application of zip ties and duct tape was called for.

So, 149 other reasonable people on the plane should be denied the ability to relax with a cocktail, because one asshat caused a problem?

That is in no way fair or reasonable. You punish the one who caused the problem, not the 149 who did nothing wrong.
Well since you are really NOT asking me what I think, I will leave you to your exercise of presumptions.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:40 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd393 View Post
What if the pilot had been injured and become unable to fly the plane. It should have been someone other than the pilot that deals with an unruly passenger.
I agree 100% but in this case the plane was already on the ground, exit door was open.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:42 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Great, shows that Real Men are not entirely extinct, just endangered.
I have a neighbor that is a pilot for one of the big airlines. Guy is almost 60 and is an ex-Marine, works out daily......I wouldn't fvck with the guy!

Old 08-03-2016, 04:10 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,764,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnd393 View Post
What if the pilot had been injured and become unable to fly the plane. It should have been someone other than the pilot that deals with an unruly passenger.
If I saw that happen in front of me I would have offered the flight attendant some help. I know I could have shut that guy up.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:12 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,764,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
I'd like to see people like this placed on a no fly list and they are barred from airlines for life.
He probably is no longer welcome on that airline. I don't know if I would ban the guy for life but it might be wise to bar him until he seeks help.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:25 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
Offer (but not give) the guy free drinks if he will sit back down.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:31 PM

105 posts, read 103,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Offer (but not give) the guy free drinks if he will sit back down.
No, no, no!

We have become a world of two-year-olds. The pilot did the right thing.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:49 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,474,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uicgrad View Post
ABC National Evening News said that the passenger had been served three glasses of Jack Daniels on that flight.
A lot of times FA are the problem with drunks not cutting them off fast enough but they have so many jobs to do for little $$$ hard to get to upset.

Old 08-03-2016, 05:51 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,474,280 times
Having read a few of these stories over the years like most on CD, most of these drunken trouble makers are never charged with a crime when they land so they are enabled by the authorities.

If they were charged served time/lost their jobs they would realize there are consequences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events