Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 12:37 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
It does to the person you implied was taking pictures of children. I mean, shoot, no big deal right??
It doesn't make any difference to my point. If you want to clarify your actions, fine.

Otherwise, you're just deflecting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 12:57 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It doesn't make any difference to my point. If you want to clarify your actions, fine.

Otherwise, you're just deflecting.

No, it doesn't make a difference to your point...but you implication goes beyond the context of this thread is not one to be taken lightly. So yes, I'm took it personally. To make light of my clarifying and labeling it as deflecting is even more appalling.

EDIT: Ok I'm over it now. Carry on

Last edited by BostonMike7; 09-07-2016 at 01:59 PM..

Old 09-07-2016, 01:51 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Only above 500 feet, except in the vicinity of an airport.

Because above that height it would be in airspace subject to FAA control.

No, helicopters are subject to the same height requirements as other aircraft. In ordinary circumstances they are not permitted to operate below the altitude requirements. Private property owners have air rights (in most cases) above their property. Just ask the idiot chopper pilots who were buzzing my house at treetop level- I put a stop to that [stuff].

Contrary to your opinion, drones are permitted to use public airspace over public roadways, and may be restricted from operating within the airspace rights of private property owners.
Nonsense. The ground to 500 AGL is Class G airspace.

The FAA Rules are..

§ 91.119 Minimum safe altitudes: General.

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:

a. Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.

b. Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

c. Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

d. Helicopters. Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph B or C of this section if the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.
Notice clause d.
It is also clear an argument exists as to who will control the airspace above roof top. But there is virtually no prossibilty it will be the property owner. It is reasonably well established that the owners rights will not extend above the height he can reasonably use.
Towers for radio aerials and such may make for some fun discussions. These would appear to be a reasonable owner right yet they do interfere with free passaage at the lower altutudes. Laws and cases will be needed.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:27 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,543 times
You know what really worried me, I see kids, maybe around 12 playing with these. I remember when I was 12, the boys and I were always doing crazy and dangerous stuff. These
kids today with drones and with the help of
Youtube, can do some crazy things.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:47 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Drones are here to stay
There is no privacy anymore...
There are minimums...I'm not sure if the article states they were complied with.

Anti drone technology is in it's infancy..there are already on lethal says to take them out..this technology is already deployed by the government...

Sad..

Video game kids believed and conceived

Old 09-08-2016, 08:47 AM

5,461 posts, read 8,180,020 times
The FAA does not say hobby drones should be flown above 500 feet.

In fact they don't want them flown that high.

They recommend that they be flown at or below 400 feet: https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/fly_for_fun/

Hobby drones are here. Get used to them.

They aren't spying on your obese wife or homely daughter.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:11 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
The FAA does not say hobby drones should be flown above 500 feet.

In fact they don't want them flown that high.

They recommend that they be flown at or below 400 feet: https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/fly_for_fun/

Hobby drones are here. Get used to them.

They aren't spying on your obese wife or homely daughter.

That's fine.

Everything over my property that my power washer can reach is mine.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:25 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,770,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
The "not a concern".
Link to all the threads about the concern of helicopters spying on people?

Old 09-08-2016, 10:44 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
But common decency is not legal protection when you take one of those things out. I've heard of people being arrested for destruction of property for that when the drone was snooping on them, or their children, or whatever.

I'm not big on a gazzillion laws either. I'm from Nevada and have a libertarian streak. That said, laws must keep up with technology. Luring minors online, stalking, and hacking electronic medical records were at one time crimes that cops had no statue with which to charge people, depending on jurisdiction.
That would be a great use of jury nullification. If some idiot hovers his drone over my property, I will destroy it and take my chances in front of a jury.

Old 09-08-2016, 11:21 AM

5,461 posts, read 8,180,020 times
An even bigger national crises will ensue when: CREEPY CLOWN SEEN FLYING A DRONE!!

Call out the National Guard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events