Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 11:24 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
yeah, but if its cruising over your place and filming you on its way to film someone else, isn't that a problem too?
It's a problem for that person. I don't think most of the people that own these things are weirdos, but some of them definitely are. Are there any proposals out there for laws on how long one can hover over a person's property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2016, 02:31 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It's a problem for that person. I don't think most of the people that own these things are weirdos, but some of them definitely are. Are there any proposals out there for laws on how long one can hover over a person's property?

Must we have more laws? Let's try letting common sense and respect for other people rule us for a change. Don't permit your stinking personal toys to hover/loiter/stray/film/ on or over my property. Why is that so difficult for people to grasp? We teach our children to respect other people's property, and not to leave their bikes on a neighbor's lawn. No law needed there. It's just respect and common courtesy.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Must we have more laws? Let's try letting common sense and respect for other people rule us for a change. Don't permit your stinking personal toys to hover/loiter/stray/film/ on or over my property. Why is that so difficult for people to grasp? We teach our children to respect other people's property, and not to leave their bikes on a neighbor's lawn. No law needed there. It's just respect and common courtesy.
But common decency is not legal protection when you take one of those things out. I've heard of people being arrested for destruction of property for that when the drone was snooping on them, or their children, or whatever.

I'm not big on a gazzillion laws either. I'm from Nevada and have a libertarian streak. That said, laws must keep up with technology. Luring minors online, stalking, and hacking electronic medical records were at one time crimes that cops had no statue with which to charge people, depending on jurisdiction.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:19 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
Does it not say somewhere in the constitution that we have the right to expect some sort of privacy in our own homes and property ? then I say good for her and yep everyone has the right to not have their privacy invaded and she had every right to shoot that drone down . I also would have blown it out of the sky too how dare anyone invade someone's privacy like that .

Old 09-02-2016, 06:24 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,302,690 times
See? The VA is good for something.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:38 AM

3,259 posts, read 3,767,961 times
People are getting all bent out of shape about "weirdos with drones" as if those same weirdos couldn't simply get a camera with 30x zoom and "invade your privacy" 5 feet off your property lines.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
People are getting all bent out of shape about "weirdos with drones" as if those same weirdos couldn't simply get a camera with 30x zoom and "invade your privacy" 5 feet off your property lines.
People build walls to stop that. And drones peeking in 15th story bedroom windows are quite a thing these days.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:40 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,524,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
So you wouldn't mind one hovering 20 feet above your son playing in your fenced in backyard for 30 minutes?

Old 09-02-2016, 09:55 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
So you wouldn't mind one hovering 20 feet above your son playing in your fenced in backyard for 30 minutes?
You need to go on-line and buy some good fishing line 50lb test might do the trick, if there is someplace for you to string it up.

One line across and then hang lines from it at 5 foot increments and then just wait for the entangle....maybe put some sinkers on it too.

I'm sure there are plenty of ideas of how to mess with drones on-line if this one doesn't work.

Then there is just the old-fashioned talk to them about it and if they don't comply but a box of stubby nails and drop 5-6 at the foot of their driveway every couple days under cover of darkness.

Old 09-02-2016, 09:57 AM

A net launcher might work too. Have to test it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events