Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 10:01 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

There is no food delivery in my town, just curbside pick-up. Wal-Mart, however, delivers food through Fed Ex, I think, and it arrives at your door in two days. You have to sign for it. That is appreciated if you are housebound. Refrigerated food arrives that way, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 10:17 AM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
Whole Foods as a company has never turned a profit. They were prime pickin's for a take over.

Fresh Thyme is gaining traction and would give WF a run for their money. FT was started by Mejiers out of Michigan because they wanted in the business and their stores don't come close to that experience.

SuperValu has Wild Harvest as a private brand and should be tried if Organic or Free From products are your thing.
Keep in mind that it was 6 years before Amazon showed a real profit.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:22 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Keep in mind that it was 6 years before Amazon showed a real profit.
Amazon is having a hard time maintaining their profit margin, too. They raised the shipping fee to pad their profit margin. If that continues, and if more states pass laws making Amazon purchases shipped to their state taxable, they're going to lose customers, eventually.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:36 AM

50,798 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
My goodness, thank you for insulting my competence! And, so sorry about my "anecdotal information". Excuse me while I return to college for my PhD in order to qualify to post on this forum!

You be sure to enjoy your adventures at Wally-World!
1. This isn't about college degrees. I have 4. So what.

2. This isn't about your personal competence.

3. There's nothing wrong with anecdotal stories. I tell anecdotes online sometimes myself. But isolated anecdotes don't prove much of anything.

This is about your claim that national brands intentionally send inferior items to Wal-Mart, even though they are branded and labeled as the same.

If you have some actual evidence that is true, present it. Apparently you don't. Moldy bread? Big deal. I have found outdated food items on the shelves of pretty much any national grocery chain.

I'm not a fan of Wal-Mart. I go in rarely, and then for some very specific purpose (for example, they were the last grocer that stocked a national brand of frozen haddock in Colorado Springs). And I don't buy their cheaper line of products. But I am also not on the I hate Wal-Mart bandwagon. It's rather entertaining to go to Snopes and see all the crapola about Wal-Mart.

Again, if you have actual evidence of your claim, present it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events