Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 12:15 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSeniorinNJ View Post
Well, who knows what his motives were? We can theorize all we want. If he were put down today or tomorrow, that would be the best solution. That's all I'm saying.

Is this road rage rage?

Old 07-03-2017, 12:25 PM

209 posts, read 220,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSeniorinNJ View Post
Neither you nor I know that. The problem with bringing race into this is that there are so many cases where race is brought into situations where it is not really an issue. Furthermore, it remains to be seen what is motives are, but I frankly don't care. He should be put down.
Exhibit A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCvVo0ekKRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAyG5XnrD5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmm9uB1VHY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crgGrxeidpo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEAd6v8wR_4

And there are plenty more of these sort of vids on youtube...

The below video is interesting because whites are now calling Asians Niggs as well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWCG...has_verified=1

Old 07-03-2017, 12:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I watch a pickup that got cut off by a car go crazy. The lady driving the car tried to yield to him afterwards, getting to the far right, slowing down, and he just slowed down beside her. He held up 3 lanes of traffic because it was swerving towards her like he was trying to hit her. As soon as I saw an open I put the pedal to the floor and put as much distance between them and the situation as I could. There are some seriously crazy people out there, you don't know who you're driving beside.
I witnessed two cars pull out of an apartment parking lot just ahead of me on the road. I don't know if it was a argument that moved into vehicles or if they had some kind of beef driving through the parking lot but it was scary. One car especially was trying to get in front of the other swerving between lanes and other cars to get in position. Eventually there was a stoplight and the one guy got out of his car and that when I turned onto a side road. I was worried that someone might start shooting and I didn't want to be stuck in traffic with bullets flying. Thankfully that didn't happen but I know it can.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:28 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times
What is the point of those videos? Because there are videos out there like this it's automatically racism? Maybe I should search for videos of black people calling for the death of white people. I'm sure there are many out there but that doesn't mean every black person that kills a white person follows that motto.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
What is the point of those videos? Because there are videos out there like this it's automatically racism? Maybe I should search for videos of black people calling for the death of white people. I'm sure there are many out there but that doesn't mean every black person that kills a white person follows that motto.

I'm showing you that being racist is not something that is relegated to the KKK. A lot of white people whom you would deem as normal people have very bigoted mindsets about black people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEAd6v8wR_4

Also, I'd love for you to find a video of a "normal" black person shouting racial epithets at a white person who did not attack or try to harm them.. The countdown begins now...

Old 07-03-2017, 12:31 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:
I agree. I think that poster is trying to stir things up in this thread. He or she has no proof that race had anything to do with it.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
I agree. I think that poster is trying to stir things up in this thread. He or she has no proof that race had anything to do with it.
I'm stating the obvious. Race is very salient in the U.S.; to deny this fact is basically akin to pretending that America wasn't built on institutionalized racism. Racism in America is as common place as apple pie.

Thus, understanding the history and culture of America allows me to reach the conclusion that race more than likely played a role in explaining why the white male shot the young black girl in the head.

The so called "road rage" is nothing more than a cover up.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:37 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water4Life View Post
I'm stating the obvious. Race is very salient in the U.S., to deny this fact is basically to pretend that America wasn't built on institutionalized racism.
I am not denying racism exists, however you have not posted proof that race played a role in this case. Have you heard the guy in question make a racist comment so far? You can go on assumptions all day long.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
I am not denying racism exists, however you have not posted proof that race played a role in this case. Have you heard the guy in question make a racist comment so far? You can go on assumptions all day long.
I don't think you understand my main point. I'm stating that if this happened outside of the U.S., (in a less racialized nation) I would be more likely to buy the fact that the guy snapped and would have killed anyone else under the same or similar circumstances. However, the fact that this occurred in Pennsylvania (which has tons of gun toting red necks who hate black people) makes me suspect there is more to the story.

I'm sure conducting a background check on the guy in question will uncover a lot about his racist beliefs concerning black people.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:43 PM

745 posts, read 480,175 times
Quote:
I hear ya, but with all due respect, I wouldn't play into that person's agenda. By doing so, you/we are hijacking the thread about this particular, tragic incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events