Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 05:35 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,012,352 times

Advertisements

This is truly infuriating. I don't care how underdeveloped your stupid teenage brains are, EVERYONE knows that when you throw a heavy rock at cars, it could hit one and crash through one of the many glass windows a car has and hit someone inside. This isn't rocket science and it also isn't something you decide to do on a sudden whim, either. To throw rocks, large enough to kill someone, off an overpass, you'd need to think about doing it, then find big enough rocks, then go to the overpass, see the speeding cars below on the highway, still think it's a good idea, then actually toss the rocks over. This was a premeditated act but the killing itself unintentional. Yeah, nice "prank" degenerates. Enjoy prison.

These teens deserve the worst punishment possible for this crime but it's not satisfying enough because nothing can bring that young father back, killed thanks to these teens' utterly stupid actions. Infuriating. I'd want to strangle them each with my bare hands if I were this victim's family. So senseless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 05:39 PM

9,540 posts, read 16,545,845 times
Lock them up and throw the key away. I have no sympathy for trash like this. I'm fed up with innocent people losing their life because of sick people. The courts are way to lenient, and the criminals have all the rights. Enough is Enough.

Old 10-25-2017, 07:32 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,633,914 times
Ha, sanity & youth are oxymorons or just - MORONS, as in song lyric, "say goodbye to Hollywood, say goodbye my babay!"

Old 10-25-2017, 08:58 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
They are bad parents if their kids would even consider doing this. It has nothing to do with keeping track of their physical location at every moment, it has everything to do with actually raising your kids to be decent human beings which these parents clearly failed to do. 15 years is long enough to teach your kids that killing another person for your enjoyment is wrong. Sorry, take your victim blaming somewhere else
Wow, try again. Nowhere do I blame the victims. Nowhere do I say the parents were or weren't bad parents. I responded that simply not knowing where your teens are does not make one a bad parent, as was implied by someone earlier in the thread.
If you're going to jump on people you should understand what is being said first, clearly you didn't.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:56 PM

21,893 posts, read 25,208,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Death penalty for the one that threw the rock, others 15 years as accessories.

This has happened several times before.
Not a fan of death penalty for juveniles. That said I would say it's first degree murder. Life with possibility of parole after 25 years. It's tougher for the accessories as you really don't know how it went down. Were they active participants egging on the guy who threw it? Life with possibility of parole after 25. Were they just stupid and followed the idiot who came up with this plan to toss a rock off an overpass but didn't actively participate?

edit: 20 rocks makes it a lot easier. Life with possibility of parole after 25 years all around. My guess is they aren't pursuing 1st degree murder is they don't want the implications of the death penalty. It's not like you just find a bunch of 20-pound rocks sitting there on an overpass and have a moment of stupid where you think it would be cool to drop them. This was definitely premeditated.

Last edited by Malloric; 10-25-2017 at 10:09 PM..

Old 10-25-2017, 11:49 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,012,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Not a fan of death penalty for juveniles. That said I would say it's first degree murder. Life with possibility of parole after 25 years. It's tougher for the accessories as you really don't know how it went down. Were they active participants egging on the guy who threw it? Life with possibility of parole after 25. Were they just stupid and followed the idiot who came up with this plan to toss a rock off an overpass but didn't actively participate?

edit: 20 rocks makes it a lot easier. Life with possibility of parole after 25 years all around. My guess is they aren't pursuing 1st degree murder is they don't want the implications of the death penalty. It's not like you just find a bunch of 20-pound rocks sitting there on an overpass and have a moment of stupid where you think it would be cool to drop them. This was definitely premeditated.
They're not pursuing first degree murder because it wasn't a deliberate (intentional) killing. A premeditated act, yes, but either these kids didn't do this with the intent to kill or they can't prove they did. Personally, I doubt they intended to kill anyone but that doesn't make their behavior any less reprehensible.

MI doesn't have the death penalty, hasn't since the mid-1800s.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:06 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,055,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Back in the 1980s there were several incident where kids tossed bowling balls off of overpasses in Detroit. Some people injured, some killed. I thought that is why they have fences along the overpasses now.
This is a terrible thing and not to undermine the actual devastation this caused, I can't help but to think "where in the hell did those kids get all the bowling balls from?!"

Old 10-26-2017, 12:18 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,927,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
This is a terrible thing and not to undermine the actual devastation this caused, I can't help but to think "where in the hell did those kids get all the bowling balls from?!"
The store?

Old 10-26-2017, 12:21 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,055,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
The store?
More along the lines as where did they get money to buy a bunch of bowling balls...and wouldn't someone question this?

Old 10-26-2017, 12:25 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,927,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
More along the lines as where did they get money to buy a bunch of bowling balls...and wouldn't someone question this?
Jobs?
Allowance?

How many bowling balls was it?
How old were the kids?

If it was an 8 year old with 100 bowling balls, sure, that'd be weird

If it was some teenagers with 20 bowling balls...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events