Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 12:39 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times

Advertisements

Sad situation that goes on everywhere in the country, however this homeowner caught a lady dumping her four dogs off and leaving. Good thing she took the video.

SAN ANTONIO - Animal Care Services provided new information on an alleged dog-dumping case that was caught on camera by a good Samaritan on Friday.

According to ACS spokeswoman Lisa Norwood, the suspect turned herself in as authorities were preparing to set out a trap for one of the dogs they were unable to find after the good Samaritan called 311.

The woman in the Facebook video was seen dumping several dogs, then driving off. The woman recording the video could be heard telling the woman leaving the dogs that she could drop them off at ACS for free instead of dumping them. After asking for directions to ACS, the woman continued to coax the dogs out of the vehicle before getting back in the car. It appeared the woman seen leaving the dogs was a passenger in the car. Norwood said they have only one suspect in the case. Norwood also said the person who owns the car is not a suspect in the case.<snip>

Link short video is worth seeing.
https://www.ksat.com/news/woman-caug...-investigating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 01:03 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
4 perfectly nice dogs dumped in a neighborhood. I can't even...

Old 04-20-2018, 01:07 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,605,322 times
What I can't understand is when the woman who had dumped the dogs was leaving, why didn't the woman recording the video try to get at least one of the dogs - she said on the video that she fostered dogs and she was familiar with ACS; she could have grabbed a dog or two and taken them in or to ACS. Or did she?

I'm glad that they found the cruel woman who dumped the dogs.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:17 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,253 times
As punishment, they should take her to a strange area, and abandon her with no food, water or any way to get any. See how she likes it.

You have to have a real cold heart to treat something as innocent as those pups were like that.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:22 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
As punishment, they should take her to a strange area, and abandon her with no food, water or any way to get any. See how she likes it.

You have to have a real cold heart to treat something as innocent as those pups were like that.

Agreed. Drop her over the border with no money or identification.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:56 PM

5,580 posts, read 6,506,670 times
San Antonio has a real problem with the population's males of the city's culture refusing to get male dogs neutered. I have been told they "take it personally". IOW, it's a "manhood" issue. This attitude, of course, results in the over-population of animals in this city.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:23 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
What I can't understand is when the woman who had dumped the dogs was leaving, why didn't the woman recording the video try to get at least one of the dogs - she said on the video that she fostered dogs and she was familiar with ACS; she could have grabbed a dog or two and taken them in or to ACS. Or did she?

animal rescue was called, they got three of the dogs and the woman in the car went back and found the fourth dog and took it to ACS and turned herself in. two of the dogs have already been adopted.

side note; i think it's odd everyone keeps talking about the woman who dumped the four dogs, but there were at least two other people in that car. why are they not being held accountable? a person in the back seat even flipped off the woman as they drove away.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
side note; i think it's odd everyone keeps talking about the woman who dumped the four dogs, but there were at least two other people in that car. why are they not being held accountable? a person in the back seat even flipped off the woman as they drove away.
I was wondering that too since the article said the driver of the car was bot a suspect. If abandoning your animal is a crime, how is the driver not an accomplice? The driver knew what was happening and was the one who ultimately drove off. Is it because only the actual owner of the dogs can be charged with a crime?

Old 04-20-2018, 11:48 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
4 perfectly nice dogs dumped in a neighborhood. I can't even...
I can't watch it, either

Old 04-21-2018, 01:11 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post

I suspect she did attempt to get them and probably did. Video cuts off. Watching that woman dump those dogs makes me sick. Sometimes I hate people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events