Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 11:05 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,416,367 times

Advertisements

Every time I ate there, I got the McRuns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 11:11 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Oh, I thought she was a teenager based on her size. Shoot her then, I guess.

If you want to talk about facts, all the people in this thread should stop changing them to fit their sick need for violent retribution. She did not hit a child. These are two adults, one an employee. One much larger than the other, who got wet and was glanced with an aluminum tray. I'm not saying it's right; that little weirdo should be in jail. But the employee should be in a cell right next to her.

"The Purge" is not real life. Mountain Dew is not an acid attack. Control yourselves.
Don't get so defensive just because YOU don't know what you're talking about. Speaking of trying to change facts, you are the one claiming she is an adolescent when she is not-so that makes you trying to change the facts.
I didn't say shoot her. That's just you trying to make everyone else look extreme. Speaking of shooting, let's say you were just glanced my a little piece of metal called a bullet. Hey it's okay, you were just glanced, right?
The trays are not lightweight aluminum, they are heavy plastic. After you get hit with a tray you just wait for it to escalate and be assaulted further? Let me hit you with a tray across the face with the edge and lets see if it physically harms you. Then when I see you won't resist I will further continue to assault you. You weren't there so your opinion is no more valid than everyone elses.

If I see you on the street being assaulted please tell me not to stop it with my sick need of violence, rather call the police and wait for 10 or 15 minutes until they show up. Of course by then you are probably seriously messed up. By this same process I should not render first aid to someone in a car wreck on fire because it's better not to get involved and cal the police.

It's easy to sit behind the keyboard and act as if you are enlightened and better than everyone else. Bringing the purge and acid attack into the conversation is silly. I'll bet you think that people with guns shooting at people should not be shot by the police, but because you don't live in reality you probably think the police can shoot the guns out of their hands because you saw it on TV.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Customer/ thief’s purported profession is not relevant.

She provoked.
It's relevant as to the type of person she is. Not an adolescent as you claim she was.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Adolescent means teenager. I thought she was a teenager. Her age does not change my stance or argument. Still:

ad·o·les·cent
ˌadəˈles(ə)nt/
adjective
adjective: adolescent
1. (of a young person) in the process of developing from a child into an adult
synonyms: young

This girl still seems deeply in the middle of this process. Some might call it suspended.
Give it up. You were simply wrong and you look silly trying to now look for any angle to justify your claim.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:17 AM

107 posts, read 67,381 times
I'm always amazed when people take their min. wage jobs so seriously. I have worked for minimal wages and when I did, I was like "Screw it. What do I care? It's not my company. Let people steal, let people do what they want. It's no skin of my back."

Old 07-28-2018, 11:24 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,471,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybe View Post
I'm always amazed when people take their min. wage jobs so seriously. I have worked for minimal wages and when I did, I was like "Screw it. What do I care? It's not my company. Let people steal, let people do what they want. It's no skin of my back."
This attitude is part of the overall problem today too. Nobody cares about nobody but themselves. It's just as bad as the employee who thinks it proper to plummet an unruly customer in the face with her fists.

Beam me up, Scotty. I'm tired of it down here.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:44 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Didn't they teach better manners at the finishing schools those young ladies attended?

Old 07-28-2018, 11:48 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Adolescent means teenager. I thought she was a teenager. Her age does not change my stance or argument. Still:

ad·o·les·cent
ˌadəˈles(ə)nt/
adjective
adjective: adolescent
1. (of a young person) in the process of developing from a child into an adult
synonyms: young

This girl still seems deeply in the middle of this process. Some might call it suspended.

Some people never grow up.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:48 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Got to hand it to the two employees who tried to break this melee up (which starts at 2:48).

Old 07-28-2018, 11:56 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,778,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybe View Post

I believe the woman was a manager. Usually the managers wear white shirts so she is not making minimum wage.

People with your attitude usually do not get far in life. I had people like you who worked for me. They did not last long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events