Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 08:44 PM

405 posts, read 257,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Sounds like a bad business plan. Why don't the patrons just buy their own dolls?

I saw another piece about those silicone dolls. They cost a few grand a piece. it would take a lot of customers to get your investment back. I bet they work those dolls round the clock 7 days a week (with time in between for hose outs, of course)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 09:01 PM

145 posts, read 104,392 times
Quote:
Sounds like a bad business plan. Why don't the patrons just buy their own dolls?
First issue is cost. Silicon dolls usually cost between $4000 to $7000 and even the cheaper TPE dolls cost between $1500 to $3000. Second issue is maintenance. A doll needs regular cleaning and it is not an easy task. Third is storage. For people living with others it could be a headache to hide the doll.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
At least the brothels, probably, would clean them. I’m not sure individual owners would.
Depends on how much the owners care about the dolls. A doll without regular cleaning could become mold infested and unusable.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverJC View Post
First issue is cost. Silicon dolls usually cost between $4000 to $7000 and even the cheaper TPE dolls cost between $1500 to $3000. Second issue is maintenance. A doll needs regular cleaning and it is not an easy task. Third is storage. For people living with others it could be a headache to hide the doll.
Ain't that the truth. I had a mannequin for about a month because we were using her for a school project for one of my sons; there were innumerable hilarious/terrifying mishaps with that thing until I could get her out of my house. Although I tried to "put her away" so we wouldn't be constantly startled by the presence of a creepy woman in the house, I can't imagine actually keeping her presence a secret.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Ain't that the truth. I had a mannequin for about a month because we were using her for a school project for one of my sons; there were innumerable hilarious/terrifying mishaps with that thing until I could get her out of my house. Although I tried to "put her away" so we wouldn't be constantly startled by the presence of a creepy woman in the house, I can't imagine actually keeping her presence a secret.
Doll owners have ways to keep their girls secret. The most common means is the closet, and one creative method is to hide the doll on bed like a long pillow.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:35 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,060,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverJC View Post
Depends on how much the owners care about the dolls. A doll without regular cleaning could become mold infested and unusable.
Of course, but I’m sure you’ve seen the cleanliness and hygiene habits of some.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:03 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
Ha, ha. Well I imagine dolls would be a whole lot cheaper than a girlfriend. People have all kinds of fetishes First time I went into an adult shop I didn't know what a lot of things were for and I probably still don't, lol.
Reminds me of the time I was helping a single (female) friend pack up her house. I was packing things out of her dresser drawers and pulled out a "thing" and had no clue what it was, (nothing resembling a dil-do) so
I just shoved it into the box along with her clothes and didn't say a thing. lol

Old 09-19-2018, 12:02 AM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWLC View Post
I saw another piece about those silicone dolls. They cost a few grand a piece. it would take a lot of customers to get your investment back. I bet they work those dolls round the clock 7 days a week (with time in between for hose outs, of course)

You know....Dolly Does Dallas could be profitable. If you have 10 dolls at $10K each that's $100K. You'd need dishwasher of some sort that you could put the dolls in to clean them. Assume it's custom made, maybe $20K. Furnish 5 small rooms with a TV, bed and some stylings...maybe you've got $2K a room.

All in with nice everything $130K plus lobby/signage/drywall for rooms. Call it $175K tops.

On your expense side, you've got some poor schmoe that's loading and unloading the dishwasher, taking appointments and....making introductions. Utilities are little. Rent on 5 rooms...maybe 1500sf. Call it $3000-$5000 a month.

Let's put play time at $50 and a two hour turnaround time. So each doll can bring in $200 a day x 10 dolls = $2,000 a day for an 8 hour shift. $2K open 30 days = $60K -$5K for rent/utilities - $10K for sad worker.....$45K. And depreciation I suppose...

Anyway if you've got an in to the "market" I could see this being incredibly profitable actually. Plus I'd imagine most of your customers are paying cash...

Old 09-19-2018, 01:02 AM

24,619 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
Money. Top notch sex dolls start at $5,000

And as you can imagine, virgin losers who can’t get laid and stay at their mothers house, typically don’t have that kind of money to spend.

https://www.penetric.com/how-much-do-sex-dolls-cost/

Old 09-19-2018, 02:50 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I didn’t know such a place even existed. Also if I were a man and was inclined to use a doll I’d definitely want my own and would not share.
Ah...... so you would be possessive huh? Next thing you would be asking the doll who ya phoning? Where ya been? What you need friends for, ya got me......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events