Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 04:28 AM

405 posts, read 257,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
virgin losers who can’t get laid and stay at their mothers house,

I know in this world it is a crime to be unattractive, awkward and lonely, but there are actually people in that category who are not "losers" who live in basements. Probably many highly intelligent people who are successful in other ways. Getting laid doesn't make you a winner. Ted Bundy did - frequently.

Besides, I imagine the doll thing is a fetish, like a million other equally strange or stranger fetishes that have nothing to do with financial success or physical appearance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 07:11 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Give sex doll technology time and the cons will be solved.
(The "how big you are" is the easiest. That goes back to
the pull-string See and Say toys. Now it can be accomplished
with a million flattering phrases on a silicon chip).

The type of man who would want a sex doll is the
type that would also be a wife abuser: a man with a
fragile ego that can't handle negative feedback.

It occurs to me that if a person can interact with Alexa and Sari, it's not that far out of reach that a person would be able to interact (verbally) in some kind of facsimile with a sex doll.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:07 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Ah...... so you would be possessive huh? Next thing you would be asking the doll who ya phoning? Where ya been? What you need friends for, ya got me......
What an interesting thought. I wonder if the men who use these dolls get jealous?

I wonder if they have a "silent" setting and a "moan" setting.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:22 AM

7,646 posts, read 4,596,067 times
I don't think I'm going to bash on private ownership. I mean, didn't most of us have a teddy bear or doll as a child that was our friend? I would garner most of us didn't attempt any fornication, but it's not overly nuts to suggest someone wants to continue the tradition into adulthood. Not saying it's healthy, but honestly it doesn't hurt anyone either until the sharing raises the potential for a health concern.

As for bashing the awkward looking loners of the world, definitely don't typecast with too wide of a brush. A few that I know are really nice people...so nice that they end up resenting what co-habitants force them into...and they just want their freedom. Once a person buys everything they need/want....there's usually plenty of money left over.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:09 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What an interesting thought. I wonder if the men who use these dolls get jealous?

I wonder if they have a "silent" setting and a "moan" setting.
It boggles the mind doesn't it?...... I did see a telly show on this subject a few years ago. I have looked for it on you-tube, but it doesn't appear to be there. I remember one guy owned three very expensive dolls, and he sat them round the table when he ate dinner.

Another's wife was quite tolerant of her husband owning one of these dolls. She even went with him to shops to buy clothes for the doll.

I'm not going to make fun of such folks. It is a strange world we live in, and as long as no one is being hurt by this fetish, I guess it's harmless enough.

Germany has eager customers......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TyRLCdU7CI

Old 09-19-2018, 10:23 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,021,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWLC View Post
I know in this world it is a crime to be unattractive, awkward and lonely, but there are actually people in that category who are not "losers" who live in basements. Probably many highly intelligent people who are successful in other ways. Getting laid doesn't make you a winner. Ted Bundy did - frequently.

Besides, I imagine the doll thing is a fetish, like a million other equally strange or stranger fetishes that have nothing to do with financial success or physical appearance.

Speaking of fetishes...I've heard of people (well, a person) who felt romantic love for a roll of toilet paper, and romantic love for Jesus on the cross at her local Catholic church. And then there are the run of the mill shoe fetishes, and so forth and so on.

A sex doll...it just doesn't seem that big a deal to me.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Speaking of fetishes...I've heard of people (well, a person) who felt romantic love for a roll of toilet paper, and romantic love for Jesus on the cross at her local Catholic church. And then there are the run of the mill shoe fetishes, and so forth and so on.

A sex doll...it just doesn't seem that big a deal to me.
Woman here in love with the Eiffel Tower........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTA5aZxbQA

Old 09-19-2018, 10:36 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There is no reason to think men are going to a brothel to take the doll out to dinner and treat it like a person.
i didn't say men are going to the brothel to take a doll out to dinner and treat it like a person

Old 09-19-2018, 10:38 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Woman here in love with the Eiffel Tower........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTA5aZxbQA
i remember seeing a show about that, and other people in love with all sorts of inanimate objects.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i remember seeing a show about that, and other people in love with all sorts of inanimate objects.
I saw a show on the same subject. I don't know if it's a mental illness, or some kind of fetish. There are people who have an obsession with feet. It is quite an interesting subject I think. The strange workings of the human mind, and reasons for it.

I watched a film once about a lady called Cynthia Payne. She ran a brothel in London in the 70s. Many of her customers were high ranking officials like Judges, and top policemen. They liked to be punished by Cynthia. They paid good money to scrub toilets using a tooth brush. Cynthia would shout at them, and tell them they weren't doing a good job. They would say, "sorry Mistress", and scrub harder.......

A lot of these people had been to private schools as children. Sent away from their parents at an early age, and then punished when they misbehaved. They got things like the cane on their behinds. The interesting thing was after such punishment, they would then go see the nurse, who would put soothing cream on their wounds, and give them a cuddle. They grew to connect pain with being loved. It obviously went deep into their psyche, and affected their adult behaviour.

It would be interesting to know more background on these men who seem to love these dolls. Background on their lives as children may be quite enlightening.

This is a clip from a film about Cynthia Payne, and her garden slaves.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZLcw1Nbd3I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events