Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2019, 11:03 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Wait, what?!? After steadfastly maintaining your ridiculous (and completely incorrect) assertion that what he did was 100% legal under both Federal and state law, you're now changing your story to this "likely ended in mediation?" Why would that be likely, if he was 100% legal?
I gave you an example of how mediation could be used to resolve a case when a defendant was 100% within his legal rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 11:07 AM

10,764 posts, read 5,680,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I gave you an example of how mediation could be used to resolve a case when a defendant was 100% within his legal rights.
Have you got a reference for that case? I expect there was probably some actual disorderly conduct. Agreeing to mediation when one is 100% legal is ridiculous, and completely unnecessary.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:19 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Have you got a reference for that case? I expect there was probably some actual disorderly conduct. Agreeing to mediation when one is 100% legal is ridiculous, and completely unnecessary.
Blame the victim, blame the victim, because the police would never wrongfully arrest someone. No need for courts. If the police arrest someone, they are guilty.

Video recording leads to complaints - News - The Register-Guard - Eugene, OR

Old 06-12-2019, 11:39 AM

10,764 posts, read 5,680,240 times
Quote:
Blame the victim, blame the victim, because the police would never wrongfully arrest someone. No need for courts. If the police arrest someone, they are guilty.

Video recording leads to complaints - News - The Register-Guard - Eugene, OR
I'm not blaming the victim.

A wrongful arrest doesn't result in mediation. If it was court ordered, there will be a record of it. Can you provide it?

Old 06-12-2019, 12:41 PM

5,347 posts, read 3,218,339 times
Quote:
Have you had a chance to review the laws from any state, as I requested earlier?

Or are you just practicing "internet law" still? Pro tip: You blew any credibility when you said Federal law addresses this.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:42 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
This proves the fact that media only releases enough information about any item/story/news or fake news that will gain the masses attention, their emotions, their anger, then they never follow up with what happened to the people involved. I hate not knowing "the rest of the story" so therefore will usually not even begin reading a "Hysterical Headline" story.

They may follow up in a local paper. But there is so much news today even stories where multiple people die are only in the news a few days. Who is going to follow up on every small story like this around the country except local news?

Has nothing to do with fake news, go drink some more Kool Aid.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:33 PM

17,626 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Was on the fence until I read the whole story. He knowingly received an item he didn’t order and signed for it (as I understand the story). It was at that point that he should have said something to prevent the mistake. He then kept the property even after the company contacted him. However I feel the police went a bit overboard with their reaction to this douchebag.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:03 PM

5,583 posts, read 6,514,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They may follow up in a local paper. But there is so much news today even stories where multiple people die are only in the news a few days. Who is going to follow up on every small story like this around the country except local news?

Has nothing to do with fake news, go drink some more Kool Aid.
There is fake news, ever read the "rag mags"? Do you believe every headline on those while in the grocery store line? Your reply was great until the last line. It was uncalled for.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:46 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,557,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Was on the fence until I read the whole story. He knowingly received an item he didn’t order and signed for it (as I understand the story). It was at that point that he should have said something to prevent the mistake. He then kept the property even after the company contacted him. However I feel the police went a bit overboard with their reaction to this douchebag.
He blew the shipping company and the cops off, lied his a$$ off to both until it was simply a matter of taking the next step or letting it go. I don't think the cops went overboard, they gave him every chance to do the right thing.
It would be nice to see what happened from this, but I'm pretty sure they didn't let him go with an apology for wrongful arrest, no matter how much Cloudy believes that.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:51 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
There is fake news, ever read the "rag mags"? Do you believe every headline on those while in the grocery store line? Your reply was great until the last line. It was uncalled for.
I think tabloid magazines, the national Inquirer and the star, everybody knows that they were fake. They weren’t even trying to look like they weren’t fake. They have been around forever, and clearly only for entertainment value. There is nothing even remotely similar about real newspapers versus those tabloid magazines. They never tried to pass themselves off as real and they did not cover the same type stories news outlets covered. It was never any problem with people being able to tell the difference between them. No one was trying to blur the lines or confuse people into not knowing what was real and what wasn’t until now (until 2016 anyway).

But people now are trying to paint accepted new sources is fake when they are not. There’s only one network that puts out misleading information (and one politically connected tabloid) ironically the one promoting the idea that real news is fake.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 06-13-2019 at 06:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events