Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 04:22 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,944,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
And it's disgusting... As is "shrimp n grits," and a ton of these other southern mix-n-mashup random items together "dishes." Yuck.
I agree on the disgusting OP, but heck no on the shrimp and grits! Done well, that's a fine meal. Have you tried it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 04:40 PM

22,152 posts, read 19,206,964 times
KFC using doughnuts for a sandwich
is not that different from the McDonald's McGriddle sandwiches that are maple flavored griddle cakes and very sweet

Old 09-18-2019, 04:48 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,987 times
Although I won't try it for health reasons, it does sound kind of delicious. I love sweet/salty/savory combinations. Too bad today's KFC chicken is a poor imitation for what it used to be.

Old 09-18-2019, 05:07 PM

1,831 posts, read 3,197,967 times
What I don't understand is, when I go grocery shopping, the people in the produce department shopping are often very overweight. It is difficult to get around some of them, yet they are carefully buying produce? I had a neighbor, 89 years old, thin as a rail, who would stop at Burger King and buy a bag of 12 hamburgers and stick them in the fridge and graze on them.

I agree KFC used to be better in the 80's and 90's and their BBQ chicken was a big hit. In general, I think they are good still, but the coleslaw isn't as good as it used to be.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:03 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,398,243 times
It sounds and looks gross, sure. Does it taste gross though, factoring in how taste is subjective.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:29 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,130,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
You can start a war with this one. People call Chicken and Waffles a southern dish.. I am born and raised southern and I had never even heard of this being a thing until 15 years ago or so. Never saw it on a menu until more recently.

We don't own this. We'll fight you over grits and cornbread and whether either should have sugar in them (NO!).. We have some weird stuff, like a pineapple and mayo sandwich (Don't ask).. But we do not take ownership of Chicken and Waffles.

Boiled peanuts are the official snack food of SC.. We take those seriously as well.. We order sweet tea and get a packet of sugar on the side.. There'll be hell to pay.
Afraid that actually we might need to at least take co-ownership. Chicken and waffles was one of the curiosities I learned of when I moved to Memphis at least thirty years ago. It was a staple at a lot of outdoor events, church bazaars, charity events, etc.
It's actually not bad, depending on how it's served. In spite of all the comments about how it sounds disgusting, it's just a combination of sweet and savory, pretty much like barbecue sauce or honey mustard on any kind of meat. It's not as weird tasting as it sounds.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:45 PM

7,182 posts, read 9,311,052 times
I tried KFC's new fried-chicken-and-doughnut sandwich, and it's a near-perfect answer to the craze over the sold-out Popeyes sandwich

https://www.businessinsider.com/kfc-...-review-2019-9

"One KFC employee said the sandwiches are so popular that they are "flying out the window.""

Old 09-18-2019, 06:51 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
https://www.kktv.com/content/news/KF...560625771.html

"Move over Chick-fil-A and Popeyes – KFC may have taken the battle over chicken sandwiches to a new level.

The fast food chain announced it’s testing a fried chicken sandwich that has glazed doughnuts as buns.

The sandwich will cost just under $6.

Customers can also choose a chicken and doughnuts basket meal – chicken tenders or bone-in chicken plus a doughnut – which will cost $5.49.

KFC said customers who just want a doughnut can add one to any meal for $1.

But the sweet and savory combos are not available nationwide. KFC is only testing them for a limited time in Norfolk and Richmond, Virginia, and in Pittsburgh."

Yum

Two of nature's perfect foods combined!

-white flour, white sugar, and white grease...

combined with crispy flour and grease encasing hormone saturated chicken.

Perfect
Sounds good!

Old 09-18-2019, 07:00 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,954,275 times
I’d try it.... I had a hamburger with a glazed donut bun. It was surprisingly good!

Old 09-18-2019, 08:07 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
"One KFC employee said the sandwiches are so popular that they are "flying out the window.""

People throwing them, or...?

KFC has come up with some weird crap the past few years. The double down, for example..

I think they should take some of the money they're throwing to marketing and use it to fix up some of their restaurants. Because I believe that's the biggest problem they have. Every KFC i've gone to in the past 10 years has just been nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events