Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2023, 03:47 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Well lets see. First his psychopath mother promised him that she would help him dispose of a dead body, if the need ever arose. That is a fact. Then immediately after he murdered his girlfriend, he came running home to mommy. Surprise, surprise, surprise. The same mother who promised him that she would help him dispose of a dead body, if he ever needed help with that. Mommy then promptly hired him a lawyer, and they refused to answer any questions from Gabby Petito's parents or from the police.

But none of that is suspicious to you at all? Just like it's perfectly normal to you that a mother would promise her son that she would bring a shovel and garbage bags if he ever needed help disposing of a dead body. But then when he murders his girlfriend and disposes of her body, you don't think his mother had anything to do with it.

Fortunately I'm sure the jury will be a lot more objective then you are.
The only part of that which could even generally be called circumstantial evidence is the letter, and that relies on your very strained interpretation of its contents.

So now--more specifically--please explain how the Laundries assisted in disposing of the body and how they accomplished this from the State of Florida.

I don't think you want the jury to be objective. An objective jury is unlikely to give you the result you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I'm shocked that the Laundries didn't retrieve that letter since it seems they knew where to find his remains and belongings. She probably thought he had burned it like she requested.
How comical. You're lecturing others on not following the case while you're getting the most basic of facts wrong.

The FBI recovered the letter at the Laundrie's home in a box of Brian's belongings suggesting that it had been taken out of the van after he had returned. He never had the letter at his campsite and more importantly, the Laundries apparently saw no reason to dispose of the letter despite it being in their home, in their possession, with ample opportunity to do so.

Old 05-29-2023, 04:08 PM

11,032 posts, read 6,875,918 times
Gee thank you for edifying me. I'd rather leave some information out or get it wrong from memory, than be completely skeptical and negative toward the case and toward other people, as in your case.

Old 05-29-2023, 04:12 PM

55 posts, read 32,686 times
Strive to not throw things out your car window.

Do it for Gabby. She hated people who litter.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:12 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,075,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It's not about locking up a 22 year old at home.
That is exactly what you said. What you advocate is 100% illegal and immoral, and just plane ridiculous. It just shows the lengths you will go through to victim blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Her parents should have kept her at home...

Old 05-29-2023, 11:44 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
'If you love Gabby like a sister, why aren't you begging your brother to talk?'

• Gabby Petito's mother Nichole Schmidt slammed Brian Laundrie's sibling for claiming she loves Gabby 'like a sister' but failing to get her brother to share information on her whereabouts
  • 'What's that statement do? It does nothing,' Schmidt said in an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com. 'How about beg and plead to your brother, from sister to brother, to tell us where she is?'
  • Cassie Laundrie became the first member of her family to break their silence on Gabby's disappearance during an interview with ABC News that aired Friday morning
  • 'She's like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding,' Cassie said
  • But to Schmidt, the comments are particularly frustrating because Cassie's brother Brian, Gabby's fiancé, has remained silent and is refusing to cooperate with the investigation
  • The family has repeatedly asked the Laundries to help find their missing daughter, who was last seen on August 24 in Salt Lake City, Utah with Laundrie - now a person of interest
  • Cassie claims she hasn't been able to speak to her brother and that she's 'cooperated every way that I can'
  • The young couple had been on a cross-country road trip in their camper van when Laundrie suddenly returned home to Florida in the vehicle but without Gabby on September 1
~~~~

I think bryan's sister cassie HAD to know something smelled rotten in Denmark.

Another red herring from blurterino;

Schmidt also had strong words for Steven Bertolino, the lawyer representing Laundrie and his parents, specifically over his decision to speak out about a possible link between her daughter's disappearance and a recent double homicide involving a store worker at a Utah co-op where Gabby, had a fight with her fiancé.

Police in Utah on Thursday revealed they are investigating a possible connection, prompting the lawyer to offer his two cents.

'Whether or not these two cases deserve to be linked will be determined at some point in the future,' Bertolino said in a statement.

His sister was cut off after Gabby's parents started making it known that she was missing. She would try to call Brian or her parents, they would not speak to her. Brian and his parents kept their circle very small. She did bring the kids to see Brian early on, it was like he was saying goodbye to his family.

The Utah murder had nothing to do with Gabby and Brian. Someone was arrested for it.

Old 05-30-2023, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Gee thank you for edifying me. I'd rather leave some information out or get it wrong from memory, than be completely skeptical and negative toward the case and toward other people, as in your case.
Thanks for admitting that you have no respect for factual accuracy. With that being the case, you might consider refraining from lecturing others on being accurate.

Old 05-30-2023, 01:42 PM

2,070 posts, read 892,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
His sister was cut off after Gabby's parents started making it known that she was missing. She would try to call Brian or her parents, they would not speak to her. Brian and his parents kept their circle very small. She did bring the kids to see Brian early on, it was like he was saying goodbye to his family.

The Utah murder had nothing to do with Gabby and Brian. Someone was arrested for it.
You are correct.

I needed a little refresher (it's been awhile);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpiqdgzV3JE

I'd forgotten the attorney told the parents to stop speaking to Cassie.
(I wonder why ... j/k)

Looks like her boy was worth one daughter & two nephews.

Yes I know it was determined that there was no connection w/the murdered newlyweds in Utah. I was pointing at the red herring bryan's attorney was attempting to introduce.

Old 05-31-2023, 12:02 PM

11,032 posts, read 6,875,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Thanks for admitting that you have no respect for factual accuracy. With that being the case, you might consider refraining from lecturing others on being accurate.
Same. (The irony is rich.)

Old 05-31-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Same. (The irony is rich.)
By all means, point out any factual inaccuracies in my postings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events