Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2023, 12:46 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
They don't want money, they want the Truth.
The fact that they're asking for monetary damages shows that they're out for money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2023, 12:57 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
The fact that they're asking for monetary damages shows that they're out for money.
No it just shows they want the truth to come out. I don't believe it's possible to sue for no money. What ever money they do or don't get will go to the Gabby Petito Foundation.

Old 06-22-2023, 01:40 PM

1,852 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:

I'd be suing too just to make them hurt in some way since we now know they were involved with hiding him.

Old 06-22-2023, 01:56 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
I'd be suing too just to make them hurt in some way since we now know they were involved with hiding him.
Yep, I would like to see them lose everything they have. They should go to prison, but this is the next best thing.

Old 06-22-2023, 02:24 PM

10,988 posts, read 6,852,461 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
No it just shows they want the truth to come out. I don't believe it's possible to sue for no money. What ever money they do or don't get will go to the Gabby Petito Foundation.
A complaint always prays for a certain amount, anywhere between $1 (such as the amount prayed for by Gwyneth Paltrow) all the way to a large amount. They're not praying for $1 or any small amount because any award will go to the Foundation after attorney's fees and costs. And yes, I am firmly in the Petito camp.

Old 06-22-2023, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
A complaint always prays for a certain amount, anywhere between $1 (such as the amount prayed for by Gwyneth Paltrow) all the way to a large amount. They're not praying for $1 or any small amount because any award will go to the Foundation after attorney's fees and costs. And yes, I am firmly in the Petito camp.
You're both (as usual) wrong. You can absolutely sue people for specific remedies beyond monetary damages.

Old 06-22-2023, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Quote:
Yep, I would like to see them lose everything they have. They should go to prison, but this is the next best thing.
Awesome. You're both despicable authoritarians who have no issue using the court system to harass people you don't like.

Old 06-22-2023, 08:58 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
They don't want money, they want the Truth.

The excuse was that they mistook roberta laundry for brian.

https://www.newsweek.com/brian-laund...-admit-1642439

There's an old saying about excuses ...

The Petitos are going to go broke trying to get "the truth".

I think that they already know what the truth is. Brian killed Gabby in a fit of passion and instantly regretted it and panicked. He drove home to Mommy and Daddys' house where he quickly became suicidal. Thus Roberta's note to her son, she suspected something horrible had happened and she was trying to talk him down and convince him that she would protect him.

At some point, he left the house, drove to the swamp, wrote a suicide note and killed himself. Then it rained like crazy and by the time the authorities started to search for him in the swamp it was badly flooded.

When the waters subsided what was left of him was found.

That's the truth about it. A lot of the drama circulating around it all was manufactured after Brian and Gabby were both already dead.

Ma and Pa Laundrie have no more idea than anyone else does about the events leading up to Gabby's murder. If Brian had told them those details he wouldn't have had to write it all down in his suicide note.

Other than throwing more money at lawyers who are happy to grab it, what more is there to be gained by going after Brian's parents? The whole thing is extremely sad.

Old 06-23-2023, 12:44 AM

Quote:
You're both (as usual) wrong. You can absolutely sue people for specific remedies beyond monetary damages.
No, you are wrong. Again, twisting words and misinterpreting posts. Of course people can sue for specific amounts. Never said they couldn't or don't.
I think we all know which side of this case you are on. That much is obvious, as in, a likely investment in a loss for the Petito Foundation.

Old 06-23-2023, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
The Petitos are going to go broke trying to get "the truth".

I think that they already know what the truth is. Brian killed Gabby in a fit of passion and instantly regretted it and panicked. He drove home to Mommy and Daddys' house where he quickly became suicidal. Thus Roberta's note to her son, she suspected something horrible had happened and she was trying to talk him down and convince him that she would protect him.

At some point, he left the house, drove to the swamp, wrote a suicide note and killed himself. Then it rained like crazy and by the time the authorities started to search for him in the swamp it was badly flooded.

When the waters subsided what was left of him was found.

That's the truth about it. A lot of the drama circulating around it all was manufactured after Brian and Gabby were both already dead.

Ma and Pa Laundrie have no more idea than anyone else does about the events leading up to Gabby's murder. If Brian had told them those details he wouldn't have had to write it all down in his suicide note.

Other than throwing more money at lawyers who are happy to grab it, what more is there to be gained by going after Brian's parents? The whole thing is extremely sad.
You're misinterpreting the whole reason for the lawsuit - see bolded text above.

It's about what they knew AFTER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events