Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2023, 08:05 PM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,264,211 times

Advertisements

To those who disagreed with my post... parenting does NOT stop once their child turns 18 or 21. It's about caring and continuing to guide that young person on a productive path in life.

It doesn't matter that some influencers "make bank", it's still not a real job and only idiots are influenced by them. Our culture is rapidly going down the tubes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2023, 01:12 PM

2,080 posts, read 907,632 times
Just heard from Gabby Petito's family attorney -- judge has denied motions by the Laundries to dismiss the civil case. So the civil case moves forward. Also- Petito attorney tells me they are close to getting all the text messages between Brian Laundrie and his parents.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1669343014756696066?cxt=HHwWhIDSrZOo2aouAAAA

Those text messages should be intellesting.

Old 06-16-2023, 01:38 PM

11,097 posts, read 7,016,544 times
Velly velly intellesting. Can't wait.

Old 06-18-2023, 05:46 AM

17,548 posts, read 22,320,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You are ignoring the monitization of the story and that his estate has control over use of his name and his parents’
Be blind if you want

Same type of lawsuit kept OJ skinned after he lost in civil court to Ron and Nicole’s families
OJ isn't "skinned".........he is getting his full NFL pension and the families got about 133K in 24 yrs despite the debt being almost 100 million now with interest.

Oj was a nationally known figure, people would be interested in his story.

Brian was a blip on the radar for a week, while Gabby was more polarizing there might be a Lifetime type tv movie but not a big screen type movie. There is no big windfall in Brian's story as he is the bad guy.

Old 06-18-2023, 06:47 AM

10,222 posts, read 7,640,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post

Lawsuit against the boyfriend's estate settled so basically they'll get the five packs of chewing gum and the Mustang, if that's in his name.
The judgment was against the parents. They don't have much, but now, they'll never be able to accumulate much, unless they're expert at hiding it. They were civilly liable because they aided and abetted his escape from authorities, and the son had confessed to them.

Old 06-19-2023, 06:32 PM

30,750 posts, read 18,432,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
The judgment was against the parents. They don't have much, but now, they'll never be able to accumulate much, unless they're expert at hiding it. They were civilly liable because they aided and abetted his escape from authorities, and the son had confessed to them.
I'm tracking that the only civil judgment against any of the Laundrie family is the $3 million that Brian's estate was ordered to pay, with a smaller amount being settled by the estate trustees (presumably his parents). There is an ongoing civil suit against his parents specifically, which I'm skeptical will succeed.

But to your other point, I don't see how his parents were ever in a realistic position to make any money here. They are nobodies so to speak. Just ask Casey Anthony how her efforts to monetize her "fame" have gone (last I checked her net worth is $10k).

Old 06-20-2023, 05:38 AM

10,222 posts, read 7,640,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'm tracking that the only civil judgment against any of the Laundrie family is the $3 million that Brian's estate was ordered to pay, with a smaller amount being settled by the estate trustees (presumably his parents). There is an ongoing civil suit against his parents specifically, which I'm skeptical will succeed.

But to your other point, I don't see how his parents were ever in a realistic position to make any money here. They are nobodies so to speak. Just ask Casey Anthony how her efforts to monetize her "fame" have gone (last I checked her net worth is $10k).
The parents are middle class.

Old 06-20-2023, 05:56 AM

30,750 posts, read 18,432,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
The parents are middle class.
I don't see how that changes the analysis here. I bring up Casey Anthony's net worth here only to point out how unsuccessful she's been at monetizing her infamy.

Old 06-21-2023, 11:44 AM

17,603 posts, read 16,745,124 times
I don't think that Gabby's parents are going to get any money. The only ones who will be padding their pockets are the lawyers.

Gabby was already dead by the time Brian was on his way back to Florida. His parents probably suspected that something had happened to Gabby but I don't think they knew at the time exactly what had happened to her.

All of the drama that happened after his arrival back in Florida should never have happened. How he managed to leave the house while it was supposedly under surveillance is beyond me.

No one could have predicted the severe flooding that happened in the swamp. And, again, by the time the flooding happened Brian had already killed himself. So even if they had found him quickly, nothing would have changed.

The whole thing was sad and senseless.

Old 06-21-2023, 09:33 PM

2,080 posts, read 907,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I don't think that Gabby's parents are going to get any money.

They don't want money, they want the Truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
How he managed to leave the house while it was supposedly under surveillance is beyond me.

The excuse was that they mistook roberta laundry for brian.

https://www.newsweek.com/brian-laund...-admit-1642439

There's an old saying about excuses ...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events