Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2024, 02:31 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Does anyone know if Jensen Ackles has been or will be part of the trial? He has done lots of weapon handling on Supernatural. I wondered if he was or will be called to testify about his experiences on the set of this movie.
He was not on the list to testify and didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
Yup.. armorer was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, but not guilty on the evidence tampering charge. She was ordered in to custody until sentencing.
I think Baldwin's trial is scheduled for July..
Baldwin's trail in in July.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
She doesn't appear to have been very interested in doing the job properly.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/06/a...987602b9f295ce
It was not proven that the baggie had drugs in it or what kind of drugs were in it. The set "mom" who sat with her was given the baggie and she threw it away after walking out of her room because she has been sober for 30 years.

It was certainly a wild case. Baldwins will be pretty interesting to watch also. With all the civil lawsuits going on concerning this movie it's going to be a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2024, 03:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post

It was not proven that the baggie had drugs in it or what kind of drugs were in it. The set "mom" who sat with her was given the baggie and she threw it away after walking out of her room because she has been sober for 30 years.
Yeah, I'm sure it was some innocuous something or other she just happened to be carrying around. Probably just baking soda.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:02 PM

2,908 posts, read 2,148,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yeah, I'm sure it was some innocuous something or other she just happened to be carrying around. Probably just baking soda.

you can think what you wish and so can i. the fact is it could not be proven in court what it was.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:23 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fed View Post
you can think what you wish and so can i. the fact is it could not be proven in court what it was.
Never claimed it could be proven in court; it was just a little more smoke to the flames of the fire fueled by multiple accounts of sketchy behavior.

Old 03-08-2024, 04:48 PM

17,218 posts, read 57,105,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I don't know what sort of weapons handler training she had. If she was just a gal off the street, typically those people are not nearly savvy enough to handle tools designed to kill.

OTOH Baldwin should have known better. If I were an actor on a movie set I'd make very very sure the firearms I was handling were disabled and not capable of firing a live round. And I would make sure there were no live rounds anywhere near the action. That there were, is pure negligence and insanity.

I heard that members of the cast used some of these guns for target practice during off hours. That means there were functioning firearms and live ammo on the set. That's not just a no-no, it's a NONONONONONO!

And this is what we get. One innocent dead person, several lives on hold or in fear of prison.

As the old saying goes, you don't hire a boy to do a man's job. Nor do you hire a girl to do woman's job. Armorer is not a good place to get unsupervised OJT.

Tragic in so many ways.
The revolver in question is a Colt Single Action Army, the firing mechanism for a blank is the same as for a live round. The difference is the blank generally is a "5-in-1" type blank cartridge which generally fits rather loose in .45 Colt and similar, it's tightest in a 38-40 WCF chamber.

There is no practical way to make a revolver uncapable of firing a live round but still able to fire a blank.

Old 03-08-2024, 05:01 PM

16,284 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
But you aren't and you didn't.

It's absurd to charge him when there never should have been live ammo on the set.
That had always been my position. He is not a gun expert and was told it was a cold gun so how could he be culpable? But then I realized, and learned, that he is not just some actor. This was his show, he was responsible for hiring an arborist who was underpaid and inexperienced, according to some posts he had her doing other tasks.

Bottom line he was responsible for a work environment that already had 2 other similar incidents and crew members waking off their jobs out of safety concerns.

Old 03-09-2024, 11:30 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
That had always been my position. He is not a gun expert and was told it was a cold gun so how could he be culpable? But then I realized, and learned, that he is not just some actor. This was his show, he was responsible for hiring an arborist who was underpaid and inexperienced, according to some posts he had her doing other tasks.

Bottom line he was responsible for a work environment that already had 2 other similar incidents and crew members waking off their jobs out of safety concerns.
His show?
He is one of several producers. He was part of a team that was responsible for maintaining a safe work environment.
Why isn’t the rest of the team being held accountable? (And why isn’t anybody demanding such accountability?)
I have yet to see proof that he was involved in the hiring of the crew, let alone the sole decision maker around it. That certainly may have been part of his role, but I doubt either way that other producers weren’t involved. Somehow though, no one is calling for their heads.

Old 03-09-2024, 11:43 AM

24 posts, read 6,245 times
Alec was the person who actually shot the gun! It’s obvious that he, after the Armorer who has just be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, should be held accountable for the death.

Old 03-09-2024, 11:49 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post

What was involved in the other two incidents?

Old 03-09-2024, 12:03 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,321,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimijel View Post
Alec was the person who actually shot the gun! It’s obvious that he, after the Armorer who has just be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter, should be held accountable for the death.
He had to do more than just shoot the gun to be guilty of involuntary manslaughter. You need to read up on the difference between criminal negligence and ordinary or civil negligence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events