Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 03:34 PM

7,634 posts, read 8,701,274 times

Advertisements

Could that "child" turn out to be actually a dwarfish adult?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2023, 03:42 PM

1,017 posts, read 637,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I can barely make out anything on that traffic cam video. She appears to put her flashers on well before she actually pulls over and stops. It's nighttime so it's doubtful that she would have seen the child from such a long distance away and put on her hazards.

She might have driven past the child and then looped back around, put her hazards on to search for the child and then pulled over when she saw him/her.

I see no other car pull over and you would think she would have mentioned it on the phone if a car had pulled over. It seems as though she might have been dragged into the woods. There's a neighborhood that backs to those woods so they should be searching home security cameras.

It's such a bizarre set of circumstances. I hope she is found safe soon.
It would take about 15, maybe 20min to get off, loop around on 150 and 31 and come back to that spot. In the meantime, no one else notices this child and stops to help. She pulls right up to the mile marker and gets out, walks behind the car and opens her passenger door for a moment and stands by the car for a bit.

That much I am sure of. After that, I can barely tell when she leaves the car, but it looks like she goes between the mile marker and the BGS. Her wig, phone and watch were left behind.

I do not see any sign of a child. I do not see any sign of anybody else approaching her. I do not see any other vehicle in the area or some light complexion male in a gray car looking at her car before the cop shows up.

Old 07-15-2023, 03:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,610 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
Not hardly. This is our biggest suburb and the major bypass through a metro area of about 1.2M.

Here is the video:

https://www.wbrc.com/video/2023/07/1...disappearance/
I watched the video a couple times.

At the beginning of the video, there is a pair of red blinking lights that's coming towards oncoming traffic, in the right hand lane or shoulder. That pair of blinking red lights occurs again at 1:45 in the video.

What is that?

Old 07-15-2023, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I watched the video a couple times.

At the beginning of the video, there is a pair of red blinking lights that's coming towards oncoming traffic, in the right hand lane or shoulder. That pair of blinking red lights occurs again at 1:45 in the video.

What is that?
Lens flare from her lights off the camera.

Old 07-15-2023, 04:03 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,474,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Maybe someone was watching her, knew her routine, knew that she would be driving that route like she did every day after work.
She is a young and pretty girl.

That's my guess, sounds like was targeted.

Old 07-15-2023, 04:03 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,610 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
Lens flare from her lights off the camera.
Thanks. At about 48 seconds, it appears someone exits the car from the driver's side and walks around the back of the vehicle. That person stands there at the passenger door area until about 1:30 when they walk into the woods.

Seems to me she just wandered off - I don't see anyone else there.

Last edited by ClaraC; 07-15-2023 at 04:13 PM..

Old 07-15-2023, 04:13 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
This is really bizarre. I read about it this morning. Sometimes people think they see things but it's not what they think. Maybe she thought she saw a child and ran into the woods after it. Maybe the parents came back and tried to take the child and she wouldn't let them. Maybe she had a stalker following her around. To just leave her phone in the car is the most absurd thing of all. People her age don't leave their phones in the car, even to go chase a child, I don't think... She was either kidnapped, or she was having some sort of episode, is the two options I can come up with.

There are stories I've seen on YouTube of people who just get lost in the wilderness and are never found. People who claim that something is following them. In this case she "saw" something. But who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQUa...l=Mr.Nightmare

Old 07-15-2023, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Thanks. At about 48 seconds, it appears someone exits the car from the driver's side and walks around the back of the vehicle. That person stands there at the passenger door area until about 1:30 when they walk into the woods.

Seems to me she just wandered off - I don't see anyone else there.
That's what I see.

Old 07-15-2023, 04:46 PM

215 posts, read 127,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Could that "child" turn out to be actually a dwarfish adult?
I thought the same as it would be crazy risky to use a real child as bait on a highway…

I didn’t watch the video but others are saying that they don’t see anyone else?

Hopefully she will be found safely asap! So strange and scary

Old 07-15-2023, 04:53 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
I wonder why her phone would be in the car if she was last heard screaming on it right before disappearing. If she was kidnapped would a kidnapper take the time to put her phone back in her car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events