Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 07:05 PM

12,963 posts, read 9,478,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Now, a $50,000 reward is being offered to help locate Carlethia "Carlee" Nichole Russell.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/carlee-...labama-search/

Can you post reliable source? I didn't read about it on news, just some comments on social media.
https://www.al.com/news/2023/07/traf...continues.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2023, 07:09 PM

1,017 posts, read 637,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
It happened on I-459, a loop around the south side of Birmingham. Hoover is a Birmingham suburb, so it's not really a small city. Part of 459, after it leaves I-20/59 and goes east, is rural but the place in question is in an urbanized area near I-65, so the highway is pretty well traveled. It was fairly late, 9:30 or 10:00, so not rush hour levels, but still not zero traffic either.
We covered that pages ago.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,610 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Family is apparently denying the whole Red Roof Inn situation.

It appears hoaxers might have gone there and claimed to be her family. Or, who knows.

At any rate, it was on the Police Dispatch scanner, and police arrived to discuss the call with the caller, a Red Roof Inn employee.

Sounds like a nothing ball.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I watched the video a couple times.

At the beginning of the video, there is a pair of red blinking lights that's coming towards oncoming traffic, in the right hand lane or shoulder. That pair of blinking red lights occurs again at 1:45 in the video.

What is that?
What you are seeing is called "lens flare". That's just light bouncing around inside the camera, and is a ghost image of her flashing lights. It happens when the camera points toward bright lights, or in this case, when the camera iris is wide open at night.

You can see for yourself by taking a picture of the setting sun, just as it's on the horizon, and in the photograph you'll see another "image" (believe it or not, some think it's the image of the non-existent planet Niburu ).

Old 07-15-2023, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Family is apparently denying the whole Red Roof Inn situation.

It appears hoaxers might have gone there and claimed to be her family. Or, who knows.

At any rate, it was on the Police Dispatch scanner, and police arrived to discuss the call with the caller, a Red Roof Inn employee.

Sounds like a nothing ball.
It is absolutely diabolical for someone to do that.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
She is wearing a blond wig here:

https://nnn.ng/carlethia-carlee-nichole/

She also has blond wig and a cap on here:

https://www.tiktok.com/@noregretz4/v...24461965249835

"The family has a possible lead involving a gray vehicle that a trucker saw pulling in front of Carlee’s car while they were passing along the interstate."

That's far fetched - that car didn't stop or park near her. It probably just pulled in front of Carlee’s car while they were passing along the interstate."
Maybe someone did, wanting to help, then changed their mind.

It's pitch dark, colors are not accurate. Several cars pulled in front of her after they passed along her slowing down car with the flashers.
Unless they actually know someone with a grey car, I don't see the connection.
Could the whole thing be a hoax? Who knows. It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
The rumor mill says she's just now contacted family. We'll see.
I hope this is true. She's so young and life can get overwhelming sometimes. I pray that she is safe and gets home to her family soon.

8,016 posts, read 5,854,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Call it irrational, but I do not stop to help people on the middle of the road. I've seen too many true crime television shows of people getting setup. If someone is obviously in need of help, I'll note location and call the authorities while continuing on my way. A child in such a situation wouldn't change my calculus, especially as it would seem very strange.

Based on the statistics I read a while ago about the chances of finding an abducted person alive after a certain amount of time has passed, it doesn't look like this will end up well for the woman, but I'm hoping for a safe return.

I'm the same.

I always tell my wife when she's on the road to call the local HP number, or 911, and let them know what's going on. I don't stop, either, and 99% of the time, I'm carrying a handgun and am large enough to where most people would think twice about approaching me. But what my kids needed most was for me to return home safely.

There are just too many crazies out there, which is sad to say.

I hope that this story has a happy ending, but with each passing day, that hope gets a little dimmer. The "toddler walking along a highway" scenario seems really, really strange.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:21 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,424,679 times
I would of stopped, too. I couldn't sleep at night if I just passed up the child so a predator would kidnap him/her, or get runned over. I am of the belief that the universe punishes people not just for what they do, but also for what they don't do.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:23 PM

Here are ALDOTs cameras. None of them match the area of the video... so I wonder who/how this footage was taken and if that's her at all.

https://algotraffic.com/Cameras
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events