Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2023, 08:25 AM

1,017 posts, read 638,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metromoxo View Post
I wonder where she slept for those two nights. Wasn't there something about the Red Roof Inn in these news articles? Maybe she took a bunch of cash and went to the Red Roof Inn. Is that walkable from there?
It is a bit over 8 miles away by car (5.5-7.5 mi on foot) through a dense suburban area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
There was another report that it was 4 minutes. Anyway, it was a very short amount of time. Do we actually know she walked into the woods? Do we actually know if there is a culvert there that she walked into and went to the other side of the interstate?
I agree you can see her walking into the woods and I think she is alone the whole time. There is no culvert or path to get to the other side in the visible area.

Last edited by OldBankhead; 07-17-2023 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2023, 08:39 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
Hopefully the police will release an update soon. Her boyfriend still seems to think that she was kidnapped. But I wonder if that is just something the family told him.

Old 07-17-2023, 08:44 AM

17,362 posts, read 16,498,076 times
The police said yesterday that they expected their investigation to last a few more days but that they were confidant that they would be able to track her whereabouts throughout her disappearance and figure out what had transpired.

If there is something she should fess up to, she should fess up to it.

Old 07-17-2023, 08:59 AM

11,001 posts, read 6,860,952 times
Agreed. I watched the NewsNation video that was released 3 hours ago, it was a bunch of word salad. Not NewsNations's fault. All word salad to keep us hooked in until something if anything comes out. Possibly against the family's will.

Old 07-17-2023, 10:41 AM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
"Starting to sound like that Sherri Papini lady": Carlee Russell faked abduction conspiracy sparks raging debate online

Quote:
As abduction theories began to run rampant, Hoover police launched an intensive search for the missing woman, who returned home unharmed on Saturday, July 15. Police reportedly called off the search after they received a call around 10:45 p.m. stating the 25-year-old had returned home on foot. However, the circumstances behind her disappearance remained unclear.

The case, which garnered national attention, has now sparked raging debate online surrounding her vanishing act. Netizens opined that Russell orchestrated her abduction and referenced the Sherri Papini case, where a mother of two from Northern California turned up on the side of a highway three weeks after faking her disappearance last year.

Old 07-17-2023, 10:59 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,649,029 times
My thinking too!!!

Old 07-17-2023, 11:05 AM

15,417 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Papini is currently serving time in federal prison for that shenanigan.

Quote:
REDDING, Calif. (KRON) — Sherri Papini, the Northern California woman who faked her own kidnapping in an elaborate hoax, has begun serving her prison sentence.

According to federal inmate records, Papini is currently an inmate of Federal Correctional Institution Victorville, a medium security federal prison in San Bernardino County.

In September, 40-year-old Papini was sentenced by a judge to serve 18 months in prison for lying to federal investigators.
Sherri Papini begins serving prison sentence _ KRON4

Old 07-17-2023, 11:21 AM

2,458 posts, read 2,475,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Once the video was made public, everyone who watched it knew she had not been kidnapped. She had either walked away in a psychotic fugue, or intentionally faked her disappearance. Don't know which.

Her family doesn't appear to still be duped, in that no one except her boyfriend seems to be still claiming she was kidnapped.

This is difficult. To have this play out so incredibly publicly, I don't know many families who would step up to the mic and say uh well, we were all misled sorry 'bout that.

The news said a cell phone was found in her car. In my mind that rules out a hoax. I don't believe there's a woman walking who would go off without her phone.

Old 07-17-2023, 11:53 AM

17,362 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
The news said a cell phone was found in her car. In my mind that rules out a hoax. I don't believe there's a woman walking who would go off without her phone.
She took her Apple watch off, too, which indicates that she did not want anything on her that could be tracked. I think she wasn't aware of the traffic cam - that'll be her undoing.

Old 07-17-2023, 12:07 PM

3,527 posts, read 3,730,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is difficult. To have this play out so incredibly publicly, I don't know many families who would step up to the mic and say uh well, we were all misled sorry 'bout that.
Sherri Papini vibes for sure. People respond to life stresses in different and unique ways, and pulling something like this is one way this type of behavior can manifest itself. Probably some sort of cry for help, or for attention, or a mental break of some sort, although the police investigation will get to the bottom of it. People who pull this stuff, if that is what happened here, probably know it will involve the community in a sense with police and searches and such, but I don't think they truly think they will become national news, and therefore public figures. What average person would? I'm willing to bet Papini never expected to become a household name and poster child for this kind of thing. People who allegedly file false police reports also don't seem to think about the criminal consequences if their story is found to be a hoax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events