Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2023, 09:02 AM

43,128 posts, read 18,290,317 times

Advertisements

The way this is turning out...nothing being said, makes me think she made it up.

This is similar to that story of the group that went down to Mexico to support that "tummy tuck" woman.
We never really found out what truly happened down there...the story just ended with a group of Mexicans arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2023, 09:10 AM

11,081 posts, read 6,893,394 times
Yes, the fact that the family has clammed up using "the investigation" as an excuse, to me it's likely a mental health issue combined with making it up. If this is true, it will be interesting to see how the vast use of multiple government resources is billed or if they let it go.

She could have been paranoid about "that guy staring at her" earlier and thinking he was following her on the interstate and it triggered some kind of break.

Old 07-18-2023, 09:21 AM

3,648 posts, read 1,603,700 times
Is there highway cam video of the whole thing? The video I've seen stops at the point where the car stops and looks like someone gets out of driver side and walks to the passenger side. Is there a complete video that might show what happened? Or not released to the public?

Old 07-18-2023, 09:41 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
Is there highway cam video of the whole thing? The video I've seen stops at the point where the car stops and looks like someone gets out of driver side and walks to the passenger side. Is there a complete video that might show what happened? Or not released to the public?
The video that's circulating goes all the way to the point where where two police cars arrive. So that's the end of when she was in the area.

Old 07-18-2023, 09:43 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The way this is turning out...nothing being said, makes me think she made it up.

This is similar to that story of the group that went down to Mexico to support that "tummy tuck" woman.
We never really found out what truly happened down there...the story just ended with a group of Mexicans arrested.
The news reported it was a case of mistaken identity. The group was driving a vehicle that looks very similar to the vehicle the shooters were targeting.

Old 07-18-2023, 09:50 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The news reported it was a case of mistaken identity. The group was driving a vehicle that looks very similar to the vehicle the shooters were targeting.
Right. And unlike this case, the tummy tuck case survivors went on a media tour to tell their story.

Old 07-18-2023, 09:54 AM

1,064 posts, read 546,855 times
I just watched the family's interview. I noticed they're playing with words. First they say, definitely she had to fight for her life. Then they say she had to "mentally" fight for her life.

Lol That's such BS.

I think what they're getting at is she had a psychotic break of some sort and "mentally" fought to get herself thru two days so she ended up not dead by suicide.

The exact quote is below. They do say she "physically" had to fight for her life, and then "mentally" fight. But that could also mean anything. It could be physically she was sleeping outside without food for two days or something. I think it's all BS

WHY NOT JUST BE HONEST

Here's the quote:
During their sit-down with Thompson, Russell’s parents said she “definitely fought for her life” during the two-day ordeal.

“There were moments when she physically had to fight for her life, and there were moments when she had to mentally fight for her life,” Robinson-Russell explained.

Old 07-18-2023, 10:01 AM

329 posts, read 225,333 times
I have not found any highway videos that offer a clearer picture as to what occurred that night.

Here is a short video which provides some possible context to her motive, including a message sent from one of Carlee's social media accounts, presumably prior to her disappearing. If you want to watch, I suggest slowing the playback speed a bit to 0.75. In summary, it appears Carlee wrote a scathing message to a woman who recently dated her ex-boyfriend. This offers a theoretical motive, according to the video's host, for Carlee's disappearing act. The message is shown in its entirety at ~ 1:10.

There is also mention of a ring doorbell camera capturing Carlee strolling casually down the street on the day she returned home. Then, as Carlee approaches her home, she begins flailing her arms, and appears distressed.
The source of this video's information is TikTok, so its credibility is questionable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PIWpjFrybk

Old 07-18-2023, 10:03 AM

11,081 posts, read 6,893,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieThruTheGlass View Post
I have not found any highway videos that offer a clearer picture as to what occurred that night.

Here is a short video which provides some possible context to her motive, including a message sent from one of Carlee's social media accounts, presumably prior to her disappearing. If you want to watch, I suggest slowing the playback speed a bit to 0.75. In summary, it appears Carlee wrote a scathing message to a woman who recently dated her ex-boyfriend. This offers a theoretical motive, according to the video's host, for Carlee's disappearing act. The message is shown in its entirety at ~ 1:10.

There is also mention of a ring doorbell camera capturing Carlee strolling casually down the street on the day she returned home. Then, as Carlee approaches her home, she begins flailing her arms, and appears distressed.

The source of this video's information is TikTok, so its credibility is questionable.

There is the smoking gun, if the TikTok video is true.

Why do people post stuff like this online with their real name attached (Carlee) when they are trying to educate for a better career? It's so delusional. THINK, kids. THINK Gen-Y and Gen-Zers. Use your head.

I've got an entirely different opinion of this girl if this posting is NOT fake. I hope her parents are like, WTF were you thinking by posting that? So teenager-ish.

Old 07-18-2023, 10:48 AM

1,387 posts, read 726,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieThruTheGlass View Post

Good find. We should hear from her classmates, friends who will tell the truth. Her parents know she's not stable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events