Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2023, 03:45 AM

61,919 posts, read 87,491,180 times

Advertisements

Boyfriend of Alabama nursing student, 25, claims she WAS kidnapped after being 'lured by a toddler wandering on interstate' - as he says: 'She was literally fighting for her life for 48 hours'
Thomar Latrell Simmons, Carlee's boyfriend, has now claimed that she was indeed kidnapped - and revealed she was 'fighting for her life for 48 hours' after vanishing from the Alabama interstate 459 highway on Thursday.

He said on Sunday afternoon that his girlfriend is not currently 'physically or mentally stable' enough to speak about the whereabouts of her alleged kidnapper.

(That's from Daily Mail and not confirmed anywhere else)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...KIDNAPPED.html

His FB:
https://m.facebook.com/thomar.simmons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2023, 05:47 AM

11,089 posts, read 6,953,574 times
Toddlers have been used as bait but not in this manner. Not in a location like this in the dark. What is confusing is we don't really know whether there was a gray car or not. That seems to have been refuted by the police but the narrative is still out there about the gray car and the man next to it. I'm leaning toward him really truly being there and him being her way of escaping, because there's no way at that time of night she gets through all those trees and into that nice housing development. No. She would have been seen on security cams.

It looks like she may have orchestrated it, but if that's true I think it's part of a mental health episode. But, she still had enough awareness to leave items behind so she couldn't be tracked. Was the boyfriend present at all the searches?

I saw on another platform a couple of anecdotes by people who have had episodes straight out of being rational, doing ordinary things, where they didn't have any idea what they were doing or what they had done during an episode.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:06 AM

16,335 posts, read 10,465,858 times
I started on the last page of the thread and saw the "hoax" posts and rolled my eyes, this happens here all the time when people disbelieve every single story. But then I went back and saw the information I needed.

Who would put a child on a highway as bait when he could have been killed so easily? Next we have the damning video from the highway cam. It clearly shows NO OTHER CAR stopping as had been reported. I too wondered how she could see a child at 70 MPH in the dark and return to the scene without a long delay to exit and then turn back. That's a long time to have a toddler on a highway as bait. And finally no other driver reported a toddler that would have had to be there for many minutes to allow this woman to return after exiting and going back.

Nope we have all been duped, including probably her family.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:11 AM

I think we are being duped after the fact. Everybody has clammed up. Or speaking cryptically. We still don't know how she got away so quickly after calling 911 and the police showing up 4 minutes later. There had to have been another car there already, or somebody stopped quickly and picked her up. But nobody saw that either.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:58 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 23 days ago)

35,717 posts, read 18,065,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I think we are being duped after the fact. Everybody has clammed up. Or speaking cryptically. We still don't know how she got away so quickly after calling 911 and the police showing up 4 minutes later. There had to have been another car there already, or somebody stopped quickly and picked her up. But nobody saw that either.
The police actually showed up two minutes, exactly, after she dropped her stuff and walked into the woods.

Old 07-17-2023, 07:00 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 23 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I started on the last page of the thread and saw the "hoax" posts and rolled my eyes, this happens here all the time when people disbelieve every single story. But then I went back and saw the information I needed.

Who would put a child on a highway as bait when he could have been killed so easily? Next we have the damning video from the highway cam. It clearly shows NO OTHER CAR stopping as had been reported. I too wondered how she could see a child at 70 MPH in the dark and return to the scene without a long delay to exit and then turn back. That's a long time to have a toddler on a highway as bait. And finally no other driver reported a toddler that would have had to be there for many minutes to allow this woman to return after exiting and going back.

Nope we have all been duped, including probably her family.
Once the video was made public, everyone who watched it knew she had not been kidnapped. She had either walked away in a psychotic fugue, or intentionally faked her disappearance. Don't know which.

Her family doesn't appear to still be duped, in that no one except her boyfriend seems to be still claiming she was kidnapped.

This is difficult. To have this play out so incredibly publicly, I don't know many families who would step up to the mic and say uh well, we were all misled sorry 'bout that.

Old 07-17-2023, 07:17 AM

2,115 posts, read 3,022,671 times
All the pics I've seen of her she's posing and "looking cute".
Maybe her social media sites weren't getting enough hits and
this is a way to boost her numbers.

But, what do I know..

Old 07-17-2023, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The police actually showed up two minutes, exactly, after she dropped her stuff and walked into the woods.
There was another report that it was 4 minutes. Anyway, it was a very short amount of time. Do we actually know she walked into the woods? Do we actually know if there is a culvert there that she walked into and went to the other side of the interstate? So many questions and no answers. I bet the people that helped out in this search are not happy. I wouldn't be. And why isn't something leaking out from somebody who knows at least part of the real story?

These people (the family) are adding to the stigma about mental illness if that's what this is really about. Just make a brief statement and own up to it, if true. It would help in changing the attitude that mental illness is somehow a bad thing and bad for business.

Old 07-17-2023, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
There was another report that it was 4 minutes. Anyway, it was a very short amount of time. Do we actually know she walked into the woods? Do we actually know if there is a culvert there that she walked into and went to the other side of the interstate? So many questions and no answers. I bet the people that helped out in this search are not happy. I wouldn't be. And why isn't something leaking out from somebody who knows at least part of the real story?

These people (the family) are adding to the stigma about mental illness if that's what this is really about. Just make a brief statement and own up to it, if true. It would help in changing the attitude that mental illness is somehow a bad thing and bad for business.
Yes, I agree it was 4 minutes after she called 911; but they arrived 2 minutes after she dropped her stuff by her car and walked into the woods.

If you go back to the video, at 1:30 you can see her walk into the woods, after leaving the passenger side of her car. If you keep watching, you get a brief flash of her a tiny bit further in the woods, still following the same trajectory.

This story looks like it's leaning away from a psychiatric break, and leaning towards trying to get attention for herself. We'll see, maybe.

Old 07-17-2023, 08:23 AM

1,079 posts, read 556,726 times
I wonder where she slept for those two nights. Wasn't there something about the Red Roof Inn in these news articles? Maybe she took a bunch of cash and went to the Red Roof Inn. Is that walkable from there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events