Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 12:30 PM

61,656 posts, read 87,023,434 times

Advertisements

Now, a $50,000 reward is being offered to help locate Carlethia "Carlee" Nichole Russell.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/carlee-...labama-search/

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Wow. The fact that her family member heard her scream seems to indicate that she was abducted by someone with nefarious purposes in mind.
Can you post reliable source? I didn't read about it on news, just some comments on social media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2023, 12:35 PM

9,850 posts, read 7,716,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Now, a $50,000 reward is being offered to help locate Carlethia "Carlee" Nichole Russell.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/carlee-...labama-search/

Can you post reliable source? I didn't read about it on news, just some comments on social media.
I saw the local news clip this morning on that. I believe the newscaster said she was on the phone with her brother's fiance, she heard Carlee ask the child "are you okay", no answer, then the screaming and scuffling sounds.

Old 07-15-2023, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Yeah I would have a hard time not getting involved if a toddler was wandering along a highway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I wouldn't think this was a trap. It's pretty iffy whether anyone would stop, and if so, that it would be a woman rather than a family or a trucker or man. Maybe a crime of opportunity. Then again, it is possible, I guess, it could've been a trap.
I wouldn't either. Because such things happen in real life, kids are abandoned (not lost) on busy streets.

'A mother and stepfather have been arrested after abandoning their six-year-old child on a street in Queens, New York."
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9525096.html

Just few days ago:
"A mom is accused of abandoning her toddler on a busy road during Houston's really high temperatures, according to charging documents".
https://abc13.com/2-year-old-dumped-...road/13464734/

In the US, more than 7,000 children are abandoned each year and a staggering 2.5 million children are now homeless each year in America. That's 1 in 30 children.

Old 07-15-2023, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
I wouldn't think this was a trap. It's pretty iffy whether anyone would stop, and if so, that it would be a woman rather than a family or a trucker or man. Maybe a crime of opportunity. Then again, it is possible, I guess, it could've been a trap.
Maybe someone was watching her, knew her routine, knew that she would be driving that route like she did every day after work.
She is a young and pretty girl.

Old 07-15-2023, 02:16 PM

1,017 posts, read 637,825 times
Quote:
Small city, after 9 PM.... Probably not many, if any...
Not hardly. This is our biggest suburb and the major bypass through a metro area of about 1.2M.

Here is the video:

https://www.wbrc.com/video/2023/07/1...disappearance/

Old 07-15-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
Not hardly. This is our biggest suburb and the major bypass through a metro area of about 1.2M.

Here is the video:

https://www.wbrc.com/video/2023/07/1...disappearance/
Yes. I noticed it. My bad and I am sorry.

Hopefully someone saw something and will be brave enough to share it with the police.
But it has been 4 days and as time goes on, the chance of returning home safe gets slimmer, particularly when a person is vulnerable.

Old 07-15-2023, 02:36 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,407,323 times
UGH this is horrible.

Old 07-15-2023, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Wow. The fact that her family member heard her scream seems to indicate that she was abducted by someone with nefarious purposes in mind.
I hope they find her. And the toddler. The idea that this toddler is being raised by someone who would do this is the most disturbing part of this story.
The scream could be related to her daughter screaming at the child to not cross the highway. Perhaps she stopped talking to her brothers GF and ran out the car to stop the child that was about to enter the traffic. (the car door was open and her phone still there - it means that she left her car in a hurry).
Maybe she was hit by a car and removed from the accident site by the driver who was maybe high or drunk?
Where her car was found? Still on a lane blocking traffic?
There are many variables.
We have to wait and see ...

Old 07-15-2023, 03:22 PM

1,017 posts, read 637,825 times
Quote:
Yes. I noticed it. My bad and I am sorry.
No worries, it's no big deal.

Quote:
The scream could be related to her daughter screaming at the child to not cross the highway. Perhaps she stopped talking to her brothers GF and ran out the car to stop the child that was about to enter the traffic. (the car door was open and her phone still there - it means that she left her car in a hurry).
Maybe she was hit by a car and removed from the accident site by the driver who was maybe high or drunk?
Where her car was found? Still on a lane blocking traffic?
There are many variables.
We have to wait and see ...
I provided a link to the video from the traffic cam. Nothing like you are suggesting appears to have happened.

Old 07-15-2023, 03:33 PM

17,352 posts, read 16,492,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
No worries, it's no big deal.

I provided a link to the video from the traffic cam. Nothing like you are suggesting appears to have happened.
I can barely make out anything on that traffic cam video. She appears to put her flashers on well before she actually pulls over and stops. It's nighttime so it's doubtful that she would have seen the child from such a long distance away and put on her hazards.

She might have driven past the child and then looped back around, put her hazards on to search for the child and then pulled over when she saw him/her.

I see no other car pull over and you would think she would have mentioned it on the phone if a car had pulled over. It seems as though she might have been dragged into the woods. There's a neighborhood that backs to those woods so they should be searching home security cameras.

It's such a bizarre set of circumstances. I hope she is found safe soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events