Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 02:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Why does it not line up, maybe they didn’t have access to “roofie”. Since I’m not locked into this I’m going to trust that authorities who arrested the men will soon share their findings.
What I'm trying to explain to you is that the other drugs the women had in their system aren't used to "spike drinks." Even if they were, they wouldn't have caused the victims to become unconcious for a short period of time.

I don't think the men are in custody anymore or that the FBI has found anything to back up the women's story. Edit: the two men have not been charged.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-21-2024 at 03:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Goodness everybody sets up go fund me nowadays, that alone doesn’t mean it was a set up
I don't think you understand that I made no such claim. Here's what I said,

Quote:
I don't think the Go-Fund-Me that one of their mothers immediately set up for them was their end game, no.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:38 PM

6,294 posts, read 4,191,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think you understand that I made no such claim. Here's what I said,
I wasn’t meaning to address you .

It’s okay I am not so invested in proving one side or another so I will wait this out until the investigation is finished. I just find the hard line ,for and against , either side intriguing.
Catch ya later.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:42 PM

986 posts, read 1,016,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
What I'm trying to explain to you is that the other drugs the women had in their system aren't used to "spike drinks." Even if they were, they wouldn't have caused the victims to become unconcious for a short period of time.

I don't think the men are in custody anymore or that the FBI has found anything to back up the women's story.
Completely agree. Cocaine is a super expensive stimulant - why on earth would a (presumably not wealthy) resort employee in the Bahamas "spike" a woman's drink with cocaine? Makes absolutely zero sense.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:05 PM

17,142 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
Completely agree. Cocaine is a super expensive stimulant - why on earth would a (presumably not wealthy) resort employee in the Bahamas "spike" a woman's drink with cocaine? Makes absolutely zero sense.
And... It makes you more alert. Definitely wouldn't cause one to pass out for 40 minutes. Quite the opposite actually.

Quote:
I think at least one of them cheated on her spouse and decided afterwards to make up a story that would point blame at whomever they could - the man she slept with, the cruise line (which is ridiculous frankly), and the resort.
And this is what I've been starting to think could have been a cause. Hung out with men, partook in drug use (cocaine, meth, whatever,) had rough sex, had to come up with something to tell their spouses.
Not saying this is exactly what happened, but I'm leaning more and more towards something like this.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:54 PM

3,183 posts, read 1,654,323 times
If there was forcible rape, the victims has to show it wasn't consensual. The cameras did show the women leaving the cabin after the assumed incident occurred. They look pleasantly normal and does not look like they were under any stress.

Old 02-21-2024, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
99.99% of people would not send totally innocent men to jail just to be able to start a Go Fund Me. Let alone the hell they are going through now due to the publicity.
Not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but the FBI doesn't agree with them; about eight percent of rape allegations have been determined to be false after investigation.

Given the conflicting camera footage, I'm not sure why anyone thinks we should automatically take the word of these women.

Quote:
Or the meth. I guess it's not so expensive, but why would anyone spike a drink with it if they were hoping to make someone unconcious?

Old 02-24-2024, 08:02 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Drugging tourists and either raping and/or robbing them is quite common in the Caribbean, and South and Central America. While there is a chance this could be a hoax or the women had remorse sex and decided to make a fake claim, I don't think too many women are willing to open themselves up to the scrutiny, evasiveness and judgment that comes with a rape investigation. Which is why many women don't report rapes.

Old 02-25-2024, 02:20 PM

986 posts, read 1,016,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Drugging tourists and either raping and/or robbing them is quite common in the Caribbean, and South and Central America. While there is a chance this could be a hoax or the women had remorse sex and decided to make a fake claim, I don't think too many women are willing to open themselves up to the scrutiny, evasiveness and judgment that comes with a rape investigation. Which is why many women don't report rapes.
Oh absolutely. I have no doubt whatsoever that sadly there are many, many more rapes than go reported, and again, I always start out by giving the accuser the very strong benefit of the doubt. But this story seems incredibly fishy to me based on what has been reported.

Old 02-25-2024, 02:56 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The women in this story wrestled a gun away from a resort rapist and shot him. 2018.

Resorts in Jamaica are facing a 'historic' sexual assault problem
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...20three%20days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events