Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 07:18 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
I don't follow the royals but it occurs to me that maybe Kate had a ruptured appendix. That would be abdominal surgery and is quite serious and would take months to fully recover. That's my story and I'm sticking with it!
These days they remove the appendix laparoscopically and most people are out the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2024, 07:47 PM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If it is true that she's gone through major abdominal surgery, it's VERY likely that she's lost a lot of weight and doesn't look like herself. Especially in a grainy photo.
She looked pretty normal in that edited photo with her kids.

Old 03-18-2024, 09:47 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
If you look at the photo of Kate and William walking from the market, it is not Kate. Look at the face. So obviously not Kate.

I'm shocked. Check out the comments on YouTube in the video of "Kate" and William. Every one of the 200+ commentators say it's NOT her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erWJNmbrECs

Old 03-18-2024, 10:04 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Professional Kate Middleton Look-Alike

https://www.timesnownews.com/world/u...icle-108599544

Old 03-18-2024, 10:22 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
If you look at the photo of Kate and William walking from the market, it is not Kate. Look at the face. So obviously not Kate.
Uh oh. You mean the network news got it wrong tonight too? Fake news again.

Old 03-18-2024, 11:02 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
These days they remove the appendix laparoscopically and most people are out the next day.
Our friend is currently in hospital with appendicitis and has been there for over a week, on antibiotic drips, so as to try to eliminate the infection before they operate.

Maybe the US is magically more efficient. However I doubt it as our life expectancy is several years higher!

However it was stated that the surgery which Catherine had was planned. I would think that appendicitis would not be regarded as planned.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:22 AM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Our friend is currently in hospital with appendicitis and has been there for over a week, on antibiotic drips, so as to try to eliminate the infection before they operate.

Maybe the US is magically more efficient. However I doubt it as our life expectancy is several years higher!

However it was stated that the surgery which Catherine had was planned. I would think that appendicitis would not be regarded as planned.
It can be planned. You have pains, get it checked out, they say “We’ll schedule removal tomorrow”

Not an option if it burst of course.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:27 AM

9,436 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Maybe Kate and William (especially) are trying to move beyond the idea that they are somehow obligated to the public to share every single waking moment of their lives by living in a fishbowl. Hopefully they are trying to reclaim a shred of privacy over intimate, personal matters and think the public is only entitled to whatever information they feel comfortable providing, ie the statement that she would be taking time to recover until after Easter.
If the entire family have come together to help with shielding Kate from press and public during her recovery, kudos to them.
Absolutely agree with this ^^^^.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:45 AM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times
My last contribution here. What the working royals do is essentially a job, and jobs come with sick leave and recreation leave (or whatever you call it ) In the UK the norm is about six weeks annual leave. Queen Elizabeth would essentially go on leave to Scotland every year and be away from the media.

If an ordinary person in the UK chose to use their sick leave for planned surgery and then follow it with using their six weeks annual leave to ensure a full recovery, it would be perfectly acceptable. (I do know that workers in the US are entitled to less paid leave than most other developed countries but what happens in the US is not relevant.)

I see no reason that the Princess should not be entitled to the same benefits as other workers in her country.
Without having to continually justify using them.

Old 03-19-2024, 08:23 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Okay, I bite!

Why do those of us in the US even care?

I see this thread here on CD, I see a sighting post from a friend on FB, but what is so special about her that we would even care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events