Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2024, 08:55 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

and put an end to all this speculation about her dying for being in a coma? I mean is it that difficult for her in whatever her present predicament is to just show the world she's okay? There's more afoot here than meets the eye. One of the theories being put forth is that Kate is gradually being written out of palace life and duties because she and William have agreed on a divorce and, true to royal form, Kensington palace is being as catty about things as they can get away with. People have noticed that William doesn't mention her or refer to her when he's doing his royal duties. It's "I hope you all...." instead of "The princess of Wales and I...."

Anyone have any sensible reasons why Kate can't just appear for the cameras for just a few seconds to let us know she's okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2024, 09:19 PM

2,178 posts, read 2,314,948 times
When Kensington Palace first announced her surgery in January, didn't they say she wouldn't return to work until after March 31st or Easter? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Old 03-16-2024, 09:21 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
and put an end to all this speculation about her dying for being in a coma? I mean is it that difficult for her in whatever her present predicament is to just show the world she's okay? There's more afoot here than meets the eye. One of the theories being put forth is that Kate is gradually being written out of palace life and duties because she and William have agreed on a divorce and, true to royal form, Kensington palace is being as catty about things as they can get away with. People have noticed that William doesn't mention her or refer to her when he's doing his royal duties. It's "I hope you all...." instead of "The princess of Wales and I...."

Anyone have any sensible reasons why Kate can't just appear for the cameras for just a few seconds to let us know she's okay?
Of course, we're all going on about total speculation. But I posted about this in another thread the other day. Whatever the truth is...just admit it. Sooner or later everyone will know the truth, why not get it out there right away and stop all the wild speculation. This is so typical of the rich and famous...and in the end whatever the secret was is almost always found out. And I have never understood why they don't understand this before they make decisions about accepting what are roles that are very open to the public.

However, just to correct one thing, a day or two ago at some ceremony William did mention Kate. https://www.today.com/video/prince-w...a-206605381993

Old 03-16-2024, 10:17 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times
It was announced that Catherine Princess of Wales (she is not longer Kate Middleton) would not be appearing in public until after Easter.
In the UK and here too, Easter concludes on Monday 1st April, after which time some concern might be appropriate.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:24 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Kate has been recovering from a significant abdominal surgery. That takes time and the last thing she should be worrying about is looking good for the public. She needs time away from the spotlight to heal properly and regain her health.

Buckingham Palace said from the very beginning that Kate would be away until after Easter.

Old 03-16-2024, 10:55 PM

165 posts, read 114,920 times
It’s shocking seeing that the RF have been in the game this long and still don’t know how to play it. At least KP don’t know how to play it. KP should’ve known that they couldn’t announce that Kate was having a mysterious “abdominal” surgery and wouldn’t be seen for months and that would fly. She’s a senior working royal and the wife of the future king. She can’t just disappear for two months under the guise of recovering from a vague abdominal surgery without no further updates until her planned return.

At the very least they should’ve been giving frequent updates about her progress. I don’t think they announced when she left the hospital until people started asking and when it was learned she’d already been released suspicion started to grow about all the secrecy. The grainy photo of her in the car that was released to TMZ didn’t help and was odd. Has KP ever released pictures to an American tabloid before releasing it to a publication in UK? Then the fake photo fiasco made speculation a 1000x worse.

Whatever is going on with her it must be serious because if she was in a state where she could take a real picture, come to the window and wave to well wishers or release a video thanking her supporters I have no doubt it would’ve happened already.

Old 03-17-2024, 03:01 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Maybe Kate and William (especially) are trying to move beyond the idea that they are somehow obligated to the public to share every single waking moment of their lives by living in a fishbowl. Hopefully they are trying to reclaim a shred of privacy over intimate, personal matters and think the public is only entitled to whatever information they feel comfortable providing, ie the statement that she would be taking time to recover until after Easter.
If the entire family have come together to help with shielding Kate from press and public during her recovery, kudos to them.

Old 03-17-2024, 08:00 AM

5,870 posts, read 6,940,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
It was announced that Catherine Princess of Wales (she is not longer Kate Middleton) would not be appearing in public until after Easter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Buckingham Palace said from the very beginning that Kate would be away until after Easter.
Yet, she/they chose to take & post a picture on Mother's Day. She/they started the controversy with the edited picture.

Old 03-17-2024, 08:03 AM

6,568 posts, read 4,962,654 times
They said she'd be back after Easter and I hope they stick with it. I'm sure they have their reasons. I can't imagine living life under the scrutiny that they deal with. The articles have been insane with speculation. I hope she's sitting back laughing at them all while enjoying time with her family.

Old 03-17-2024, 08:14 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Kate has been recovering from a significant abdominal surgery. That takes time and the last thing she should be worrying about is looking good for the public. She needs time away from the spotlight to heal properly and regain her health.

The royal family has a public relations cataclysm on its hands, especially with that doctored photo. Even in bed Kate can release a discreet video clip thanking people for their well-wishes. This idea that the public has no right to pry--I'll paraphrase what a news anchor said, "When you become celebrity, especially paid-celebrity (the royals cost $300 million per year) you automatically sacrifice certain rights and are beholden to a certain degree to the people that butter your bread."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events