Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 05:18 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,138,200 times

Advertisements

lol I say magic because I am hoping they will magically be able to get my shoulder working today

I know it is a dream but one can hope

I am going to ask her if this pain is normal a week out or **shudder** if I am doing to much even with my modified typing but using the desk top as a forearm rest

I am having hubby take me to the bank after PT yay I get out in the world and can see people !!

Not sure what else the day will hold

Maybe another shower lol oh how the small things one can look forward to

Hey has the fall temps arrived at you northern ladies yet?

WHat are you all up to today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 05:45 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,227,693 times
No fall temperatures until Sunday Karla. Supposed to be in the 90's, will be good for the holiday tourist turnout!

I think you need to go back a few years and re-read Pattie's posts after her surgery, this surgery is a long time healing one. She can tell you better than I can. Please take it easy, get some new books and enjoy your sparkling house!

I've got to head over to Tricia's. I don't have my resume on this computer and I found a few jobs that the resume needs to be e-mailed. I want them in the e-mail box before tomorrow (which will be the Michigan unofficial beginning of the holiday weekend).

Bob and I enjoyed being alone last night, we sat out by the pool until about 8pm when the bugs began eating us up. Tonight my sister is coming for dinner and I can enjoy a little visit with her. I am closer to her home over here and closer to her work at Tricia's, but of course most nights when she gets out of work she does not want to come to Tricia's and then have the long drive home.

Best get, I will be back later to see how all of you are doing. Oh treadmill is not set up down here, and I sure do not want to do something wrong with it. My son-in-law likes me, don't want to change that.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:39 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,415,796 times
Good morning ladies.

Karla-Good luck at PT.

I don't know about your surgery but I do know some of them take a long time before you feel good. I do hope your pain is lessening though Just try not to aggravate it.

Hi Sandy.

The weather today and the through the weekend will be about 10 degrees higher than normal....but next week our highs will only be in the 70's. Woo hoo. I can't wait.

I tried a new Kathy Smith DVD for tummy;s yesterday and man I am out of shape. I didn't even do the whole thing and I'm sore so I know it's good

Hot day here so I will most likely do some laundry and maybe give the dog a bath. That's about it.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,276,162 times
Sorry to tell you this, Karla, but the pain's there for a while. Then, one day, you'll wake up and, a little later, you'll wonder where it is. It'll be an on and off thing. And, believe me, if you don't keep up w/the PT, you'll know it.

Lazy Susan has settled in until Monday, I think.

Gotta run. We're headed to Macy's. They have a steam mop that's normally $90 (probably $70 anywhere else) on sale for $20. It's a close out deal and I want to get there before they're all gone.

CYL

Old 09-01-2011, 01:24 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,110 times
Hope you got the mop Pattie, I didn't think Macy's sold anything for twenty bucks!

Today I did the ever-popular 10 pound slimdown blast, which is cardio interval w/weights, oh boy.

Thanks for the brownie tips Karla, he's never complained about them being stale so far, and I have sent them to Iraq, last time he was over there, and to Texas! Wonder how long it takes to get to the ships? You stick them in the 'shipping' baggie uncut or just freeze them uncut? Sorry to ask you questions, I know you aren't supposed to be typing. No worries, I got a couple packages of cookie mix too, I can definitely suck the air out of those!

Have a good one, all.

Gotta run, as usual.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:38 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,276,162 times
LOL...that's why I ran right down there, Connie. Actually, I had 2 almost-used-up gift cards, so I actually paid about $12 for it! Woohoo! It works ok, not as well as I'd hoped, but better than swiffers.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:25 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,138,200 times
pt was a little more interesting than monday
she moved my shoulder a bunch more

only got a little lecture

pain pills & peas this afternoon

Connie I freeze them uncut then put them in the sealer bag
it is easier to get the air out when they are frozen dolid

Old 09-01-2011, 05:03 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,543,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwaK View Post
pt was a little more interesting than monday
she moved my shoulder a bunch more

only got a little lecture

pain pills & peas this afternoon

Connie I freeze them uncut then put them in the sealer bag
it is easier to get the air out when they are frozen solid
Oh, that makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals